Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Just wanted to pipe in here and say that there are people who do represent other artists professionally and have their businesses set up to do so.  Felicia Hymer, the Bear Scout, is one of them and I have seen her display at other shows and seen the way she goes about promoting the artists she represents and am impressed.  I'm not sure how much her commission is for representing you at the shows that she does during the year for this information you'd have to contact her yourself.  She makes you sign a contract for commission, insurance, stolen items, etc. and is very professional.  And sorry, I don't have her current contact information because she moved from PA to Arizona (I think).  Maybe she will pipe in here with her current contact information or someone who uses her as a rep will do so.

Hugs,
Lisa

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

oh my...I had my plans all set for '08.  Travel to the UK/US in June and go to Samantha's show and focus on my internet sales for the rest of the year - I feel I really neglected my online customers in '07 and I really need to update and get on top of my blogging/website.  So...perfect plan.

Then came the flood, and my bear making supplies are still in storage and are likely to be until Feb  :doh:  and worst of all, my laptop all of a sudden gave up the gost, as in well and truly irretrievably dead.  Yikes...I can't afford to buy a new one and now have no access to my email.  I can use my computer at work for tt but email is blocked as is uploading photos to my site.  I am still in hissy fit tanty throwing mode over it all...so I don't know what 2008 will look like but it's going to be mighty boring and I'll be broke!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Plans, plans, plans  bear_happy  I hope to make loads of bears for my very first bear show in august!  and get my new studio finished and workable bear_original  and keep motivated and enthusiastic all year!!  bear_happy

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

ooh this is a good thread thanks for putting it out there karen
i have really played about in 2007 with what else i could be apart from making those simple raggyrat dolls ...
and got a blog going, i agree with others it can be a very useful tool, it got some unwanted craft items swapped for me, and another £100 commission - a cuttlefish puppet again, plus lots of attention that keeps us all going doesnt it ?
i dont know whether i will get very focussed this year with a new baby due in spring, but i definatly need a new avatar as i do keep getting a little better, bit by tiny bit - my work, i mean !
hope you attnt hugglets in feb, as a person, as still havent been to first show ... samamthas show had to be cancelled as its a month after baby, and a long way to treck ....

juus going back to blogs, karen if you get one going i'd be forst to line up to trade links with you - hopiing blog links really works getting your things seen - anyone want to trade with me? pm me or leave a comment on my blog

hugs all
cat xxx ps yes - i knmow i have been quite for ages ! sorry xxxx

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Just some more food for thought, taking into consideration what has been discussed on TT before, we decided here in Sydney that we would "host" artist bears for those that live so far away or are unable to make the trip.
I truly believe that most of us are realists and of course we cannot for a minute consider doing all shows in our home countries let alone overseas. But what a huge dissappointment for many collectors (especially here on the "other side of the world"), that they will never get to see some of the awesome work that is created, even though there is the net (although there are MANY people who are still not online) there is not much better than seeing these beauties in the fur.
I'm always so happy to see the many traders who do make the long trip, to spend some time in this great city of ours and generally sell alot of bears- as collectors love to connect with the artists. But if you aren't able to make it the next best thing is to have your bears attend the show for you.
These days I think we do need to take a 360 degree (for lack of a better term) approach to presenting our creations.
Advertising, comps, websites, blogs, online shows, shows, eBay, B4B's, shop events, agents and even (importantly) TT all play a very important role in getting your brand name and all that that entails into the public arena when done well. Like any business the mix should be catered to the individual's circumstances, but there it is: to sell you have to be seen.

For me I'm just going to try to do a little of all of the above! :dance:

Mel

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli
Jellybelly Bears wrote:

Plans, plans, plans  bear_happy  I hope to make loads of bears for my very first bear show in august!  and get my new studio finished and workable bear_original  and keep motivated and enthusiastic all year!!  bear_happy

Hi Sarah,
Does this mean you are doing the Adelaide show??????????? I hope so. I am doing it too. Have booked my table. i hope we are near each other. That is fantastic. Can't wait

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

Well I did it for my new start to 2008. I found the dollars and entered the TOBYS. AARRRRRHHHHHHHHH. I have been wanting to do that for 4 years. Don't expect anything as my bears need more work. I think. But you never know. I am so excited just to enter. I sent it via email yesterday. Now I have too book Sydney and start preparing.

www.thebearclub.co.uk The Bear Club
Derby

As we are still in our first months of being up and running, it was great to attend our first exhibition in Taiwan. We had a great time there, and met some nice people. We are still working hard to change many things on our site. In particular, we are going to try to make it into an international market place for designers to sell their bears. We also plan to attend a couple of shows in England this year.
I am interested in the comments about online exhibitions. Does anyone have any more information about these? Can anyone recommend any good ones?

Maybe we will meet up at an exhibition sometime this year.

:dance:

Board footer