Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

At last I've found a bit of time to post these photos from our holiday to Thailand at the end of November/early December.

From Sydney we flew to Bangkok and waited for our connecting flight to Koh Samui. We stayed on the main beach area (Chaweng Beach) which is where most of the shopping, nightlife, restaurants & bars are - our hotel (Baan Samui if anyone's interested) was brilliant and was literally a step away from the beach.
Baan_Samui_-_Pool.jpg

Koh_Samui_-_Chaweng_Beach.jpg

As we were only there 4 days, and were all 'templed-out' from previous visits to Thailand, we only went on one tour of the island which we enjoyed - at the coconut plantation, here's me with my new friend (who tried to steal my new fake sunnies!)
Koh_Samui_-_Monkey.jpg

Then we came to Grandfather and Grandmother Rock - these are natural rock formations (I'm not joking!) but due to decorum, I've decided only to post a photo of grandfather rock.  You'll have to see grandmother rock for yourselves!
Koh_Samui_-_Grandfather_Rock.jpg

Here's Russ (hubby) and myself at a lookout overlooking the north of the island.
Koh_Samui_Tour.jpg

That's it for Koh Samui (it's only small) but well worth the trip - we loved every minute.  Plenty to do & see, snorkelling & swimming (we were swimming in the ocean until 7pm!) and a balmy 32 degrees.

Next it's off to Chiang Mai in the north of Thailand - I'll post those photos in another post.

Marg  bear_original

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

We didn't make it to Samui but did enjoy Koh Lanta and Chaing Mai...especially the shopping!

lovely pics,

Marion

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Super great photos, Marg!  What a very lovely place . . . looks like great fun!  Looking forward to your next post.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Gorgeous photos - looks like you had a brilliant holiday.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Looks like a bit of paradise.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Now that's just what I could do with. It looks a wonderful place to visit, so pretty. Thanks for sharing Marg.

Teddy hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Breath taking photos Marg.  Was this area affected by the 2004 tsunami?

Miser Miser Bears

Oh wow what a stunning place! Thanks for sharing your pictures! I only got so far as west coast of wales for my holiday this year and the pictures are rather gloomy  bear_laugh

Phil@TC Coventry
Website

They are nice pics, but where are the bears? Surely you took at least one with you. Please next time take a snap or two of your cuddly friends, and send one to www.travellingcompanimals.com too.   bear_original

Board footer