Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

O.K all you smarties, I feel compelled to get a better business name.  It has been nagging at me for awhile, but I just can't decide what to use. 

I am tired of the boring , Bears By Tammy.   All I can come up with is "Beckoning Bears " since they seem to be looking for attention or a hug.  Is that any good ???

Any suggestions are welcome.  I am also feeling the urge to work with mohair ( I even finally ordered some----I can't wait  bear_laugh ).  As a result, I don't want to include the word "fur" in my name.

HELP before I go crazy !
g055.gif

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi Tammy.I'm in the same boat and I keep coming back to Bearloom Bears or Everlasting Bearlooms.I want my name to reflect that my bears are meant to be a cherished family heirloom. I also want to have a slogan that says "True works of Heart"

I think "Beckoning Bears " has a catchy ring to it. But I'm not one to ask because I've been beating my head on a wall for the last two years over this.  :redface:

I'm anxious to hear all the ideas the gals have for you.

Hugs,Shari.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hey Shari, it is enough to drive one crazy this name stuff.

As for Bearloom Bears, it is a wonderful name but don't bother.  My friend has a business called Bearloom Teddies here in Dart.  so that might get confusing living in the same province.   Every name I think of is taken or similair to someone else's.  bear_ermm

Deb Upstate New York

I like it!  Or bears that beckon.  But be sure to read the older post on choosing a business name.  I also like the word bruins; it doesn't get used as often as "bears".

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh POOP! Do you think Everlasting Bearlooms or SharloomBears would work?I even thought of Abode of Bears or Sharable Bears or Absolute Bearlooms. Those are some I have written in my book but I can never decide  :doh:

I bet the girls have ideas.Did you ever hear from the lady with the fur?

Hugs,Shari.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I have no ideas. I've been trying myself to come up with something good, something that speaks about my bears, and something that has the .com domain still available. NOT EASY!!!

Tammy, I think Beckoning Bears is perfect. What a great name!!!!

Shari, how about Sharebears???? That's what I would pick if I had your name.

Heather

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Think there's a name out there already called Sher Bears . . . or something like that.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Yes there is a Cher-Bear and a Sherr-Bear already.I used to list and mention the title I had on my web page,Shar-Bear's Lair but as soon as I realized there were other Shar-bear's different spelling,I just listed with my name,Shari L. Murphy. There are also other Murphy's that make bears so that is out also.

I like Deb's idea of "Bear's that Beckon" for you Tammy also or even" Beckoning Bruins"

HUGS and Blessings (maybe I should use that,"Hugs and Blessings Bears" or" Bear Hugs and Blessings" ) oh you really could drive yourself around the loop with this stuff   :twisted:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh my goodness what pretzles you tie yourselves up in-  but the perfect name is so important

personally Bekoning Bears is quite pleasing-easy to say, remember, will balance on an avatar or business card, I like it a lot

bear_tongue

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

When I picked my name I didnt realize that there was another lady that had "KimB Kreatures" but mine is different enough I think... Kim-Bee Bears... I think I am ok though bear_original

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Good God! Don't ask me for a name!!! bear_angry (check out story line on Kims little one!) bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Many Hugs Hillbilly Weezie!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL Louise, you crack me up LOL no reason to be embarassed!   bear_happy

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Thanks for the help so far ladies.  More suggestions are still welcome  bear_laugh bear_laugh

Shari, I think we should call our bears " Cranium Cramp Cubs ! "   
a080.gif

Hillbilly Weezie -don't feel embarrased, I don't know what that "name suggestion" means  either.  We are just so sweet and innocent in this part of the world  bear_grin

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

OH, knock it off you guys.  I should never have said anything... criminies... bear_original bear_original bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL it gave us all a laugh, shelli! bear_original

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

You are so right Tammy. We Canadian folks are just plain polite! Not to mention obviously a little Nieve or do I mean neurotic....no no I mean Nieve! Politically correct!

Hugs Weezer

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

I think I have been lucky with my name New Bearland (which is a play on New Zealand).  When I first came up with it I thought for sure someone else would be using it but luckily no one was.  I suppose the fact that there are only 4 million of us Kiwis helps.....now this is where I have my fingers crossed and hope someone doesn't submit a post saying "sorry to tell you this Melanie but there is another New Bearland out there"  :doh:

Mel

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Well,I am sorry to tell you this Melanie........nah,just teasing you!!  bear_grin bear_grin

Opps,don't be mad......

Shari.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Weezy.......it's more like we're neurotic , maybe a little dense at times too  e112.gif

JUST TEASING  :D

o.k back to helping me pick a new name.  Come one gals HELP !!!!  I'm desperate.  p020.gif

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Whew!!  ;)

Shari what about using the slogan true works of heart as your name "True Works of Heart Bears" and Tammy - "Bearkoning Bears"???

Mel

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Tammy, I think Beckoning Bears really is suitable!  Works well.

What a great name Mel - how clever!

Shari - I have no ideas for you :(

Good luck girls!  I know how hard it is to get a name that clicks with you!

Danni

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oui - this is always a tough one. I drive down the road practicing names....

Tammy
- I'll have to get back to you!

Mel
- I think you came up with a very clever name for yourself!  :clap: I think the name you came up with for Shari is clever also but too long?  :/

Shari - What a bout "Bears of the Heart" or "A Bear of the Heart"

OK, Now, Tammy....... it is your post after all..... By the way.... I love the smilies you come up with!!

Bear Attraction
Bears of Light
Bears that Beckon

I'll keep thinking!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Thinking about 'Beckoning Bears'...I went on to the next stage..like what's another word for beckon...and thought of 'Here and There Bears'

It's got a nice ring to it..it rhymes anyway!!

Oh well..that's my two penn'orth

It might be being used already though

Jenny

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

or 'Here, There and Everywhere Bears'

I did a Google search and nothing came up for either...

That's four penn'orth now...

Jenny

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Probably totally useless, but ........
                                                   'BEARS R BECKONING'

'A BEAR TO SHARE'.........?  :redface:

Board footer