Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

I have heard that my bears have appeared in a couple of UK magazines this month - I have been very lucky this month!

Soooo, I'm wondering if anyone would be so kind as to scan a copy of my bear if they have the time and the magazine?  I know for sure, one of them is in Teddy Bear Scene. 

I would be forever grateful - I won't get my copies for months down the road, even if I do get a copy!   :pray:

Thanks so much!
Danni

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Danni...my scanner has died and gone to  heaven....congratulations though...I had a pic in Teddy Bear and Friends...I was very pleased about that!!

I don't get Teddy Bear Scene...

Does anyone else have a naughty cat that keeps springing on to the keyboard...and typing gobbledygook?.....I've typed this 3 times and still she won't stop...She drives me mad..but I love her!!

Jenny

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_ermm I do, Jenny!

My Rose is nearly 18, a feisty calico cat, aka The Boss! If she wants to be fed (special soft food at her age) she whacks me in the face with a soft paw. If I don't respond right away, I get a touch of claw sooner or later.

If she's just generally miffed, she starts knocking things off my desk and worktable, one by one.

Most of the time, though, she just walks across my keyboard, shedding. Here she is helping out with a photoshoot:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:redface: Ack!!  :doh: Trying again, this time from Photobucket . . . Here's Rose helping out at a photoshoot, I hope.

Danni, I've got a scanner that works!  :thumbsup:

The rest of you . . . Send me your UK Teddy Mags (heh heh  :twisted:) and I'd be glad to scan pix for Danni!  :dance:

WEB6.jpg

Eileen

Densteds Densteds
Website

Picture-016-Small-2-Custom.jpgCongratulations Danni...how wonderful, hope someone can get you a photo...

Great photo Eileen....Rose is a gorgeous kitty but she looks pretty miffed about having to pose with the bears, they are such snobs!!!

My cat Bridget keeps bringing home "toys" to play with, which include baby rabbits, sugar gliders (flying possums) we just found another one in the garage...she's very strange because she never kills them???? thank goodness :pray:
Here's a photo of the little villain....

hugs,
Denise.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

elliottinfishbowlcloseupheinzweb.jpgWoW wonderful pics of your cats. I have a budgie that plays on the key board. He gets quite upset if I try to move him. :lol:

Congratulations Danni. I'll have to keep an eye out for the mag.  bear_thumb

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I absolutely love your cats my poor little cat died after 16 years my hubby a i cryed our hearts out i loved that cat so so very much, bear_sad bear_sad don't want any more to sad when they go bear_sad bear_sad bear_flower

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Denise, You see sugar gliders??
Here we have them in pet store, and coming from someone who used to work in them, they are horrible pets. They just aren't domesticated enough, and really suffer being in a cage, and with an owner that doesn't take good care of them!!! They were one of the reasons I quit my job at te pet store. It just got too sad to deal with anymore.
But very cool that you see wild ones.
I've also got a good picture of my cat, somewhere....... g075.gif
Heather

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

All super photos, girls . . . I LOVE pet pics!!

Pipa UK

Congrats Danni bear_original I dont get Teddy Bear scene yet, you can order thier current issue off thier website tho ? not sure if they ship to Oz or not but its worth a look bear_original

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Way to go Danni! I am so pleased for you Hon!

Many Hugs Louise

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Thanks, Denise. Rose is a pretty game girl for her age. Actually she's glaring at me for trying to take her out of the picture! I love your kitty Bridget! I'll bet she doesn't lose many fights!

bear_laugh Matilda, your little budgie is darling! I miss our little [SPAM]. That bird could sing scat almost as well as Ella.

:hug: bear_sad Fran, my love, I hope you won't let an old grief, or worrying about a future loss, stop you from getting another kitty if you want one. We've lost so many beasties over the years, including some tiny foster kittens that I worked really really hard to save, only to have them die in my arms. But I do think that the joy of living with the wonderful little critters, and giving them a happy home for the length of their short lives, far outweighs the difficulty of losing them. I like to honor my lost babies by giving another one a loving home. You can never replace your lost cat, but a new one fills some of the empty space in your heart.  :hug:

Eileen

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ahhhh Danni, so proud of you this is fantastic-hope someone can hlep you get copies....

humph...you'd think the mag would send you a complimentary copy!

bear_tongue

clare14 Country Bears
England

Well done Danni !!!  :dance:

I don't get any mags until they're second hand, either from fairs or ebay, sad I know, but how do you get in them anyway??   Just curious, and proud of YOU!!!  bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Eileen wrote:

:hug: bear_sad Fran, my love, I hope you won't let an old grief, or worrying about a future loss, stop you from getting another kitty if you want one. We've lost so many beasties over the years, including some tiny foster kittens that I worked really really hard to save, only to have them die in my arms. But I do think that the joy of living with the wonderful little critters, and giving them a happy home for the length of their short lives, far outweighs the difficulty of losing them. I like to honor my lost babies by giving another one a loving home. You can never replace your lost cat, but a new one fills some of the empty space in your heart.  :hug:

Eileen

Those are great words of wisdom, Eileen!  Our new little rescue doggy, Tobey, is a delightful companion . . . he's sooooo well behaved and gets along very well with the cats.  I, too, have had one or more animals for all 64 of my years, and certainly have lost many . . . but I'd never be without some animals in my life.

Danni - big congrats, Girl . . . you are certainly on your way!!

Pipa UK

Matilda love your budgie he is just likle one me & my ex used to have called who we called "Jonnie"  bear_laugh

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Danni all I can say is  a035.gif  b020.gif  b010.gif

You are on a roll girl !

Australia

Ah thanks everyone bear_original  I just have a photo in a couple of teh magazines, and was hoping someone might have a copy and might be able to scan them for me.  No biggy really!!

Thanks for the congrats - I appeared in three magazines this month - not bad!   :dance:

Love all the pet photos!!!

Danni

Densteds Densteds
Website
psichick78 wrote:

Denise, You see sugar gliders??
Here we have them in pet store, and coming from someone who used to work in them, they are horrible pets. They just aren't domesticated enough, and really suffer being in a cage, and with an owner that doesn't take good care of them!!! They were one of the reasons I quit my job at te pet store. It just got too sad to deal with anymore.
But very cool that you see wild ones.
I've also got a good picture of my cat, somewhere....... http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/tiere/g075.gif
Heather

Hi Heather, yes!! we have wild sugar gliders here, but in Australia you aren't allowed to keep any native animals as pets, most wouldn't survive anyway because of their special feeding needs..I think it's horrendous that they are sold over there to people who wouldn't have a clue how to look after them, poor things probably finish up starving. I know what you mean about pet shops, I owned one here but in the end I couldn't cope with all the horrid people leaving pups & kittens outside the shop in boxes, nearly every morning I'd find some poor creature dumped, or they would come in and ask if I could get rid of the poor little things, luckily most of them I found homes for, or I took them myself, needless to say I had to sell it eventually otherwise I'd have finished up with a zoo...besides I was going broke, because I gave the animals to good homes...some business woman ay?????

Fran...I'm so very sorry to hear about your poor little cat, it's hearbreaking to lose  pet, they become so much a part of the family..I've been through it so many times and each time I vowed I would never get another one, but they give you so much joy throughout the time they are with you, and as Eileen has said it far outweighs the sadness of losing one..I hope you'll eventually get another kitty, I bought Bridget & my little dog Harold from the RSPCA, maybe when you get over your grief you should go and have a look, it's very hard to leave without taking one home with you, and it's nice to know you've saved a life.

Thanks Eileen, Bridget's a real sweetie, but even though she brings all those critters home, she's not a fighter at all, she wouldn't hurt a fly well maybe the odd grasshopper!...but she does love to ambush my little dog, poor Harold is always being pounced upon, but it's all a big game then they chase each other, it's so funny to watch.

Thanks Matilda, I love your little budgie, he's a real swweeeetieee pie!!!!! they're clever little guys aren't they??? does he talk???

big hugs,
Denise.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Danni,
Congrats on being in the magazines!

Fran,
I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat; I know you must miss him or her.  I like what Eileen and Denise said.  My mom adopted 2 dogs from a rescue group 3 years after losing the dog I grew up with.  We think our first cocker spaniel would be happy that because we loved her so much, we wanted more cocker spaniels.  Plus, our first cocker would be happy that my mom gave more cockers a home.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Danni - What I love about you most is how modest you are about your new fame and publicity! You are most humble!  :hug:  :angel:
Love ya!
Daphne

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Danni i saw your bear in teddy bear scene, i think that was the mag.  It was a little picture at the top of the page? Maybe you can ask your newsagent to get it in since we get it here in SA??

Australia

Sarah - that's an old issue of the magazine, would you believe it takes about THREE months for copies to get out here, it's either two or three, either way, it's pretty bad! 

Seems like ages ago that Jane scanned the magazine for me!
Danni

Australia

Daphne - ooh you are sooo sweet!  :hug:

Danni

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

GREAT news Danni - your bears will start getting big heads  bear_smile  Quite rightly though bear_original  I was also told that one of my bears (Tekarra, the more realistic chap) would be in Teddy Bear Times this month.  Has anyone got a copy to be able to see if he is in there?  It's hard to get over here.  Thanks a lot,

Catherine

Pages:

Board footer