Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Meet the bear I designed for the Progeria Gala, to be given to one of the afflicted children participating onstage! This is the bear I wish I'd owned as a child.

He's a cuddly traditional bear, 19 inches tall and made of Intercal's scrumptious 825K in Light Honey. Since he must be child-safe, his eyes and joints are plastic safety versions. He doesn't have a name yet, but he does have both a growler and a tail. His nose and claws are embroidered with Perle cotton, and his nose is lightly waxed.

Eileen

Progeria006Cropped.jpg

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

HE IS DARLING - very big picture... can only see 3/4 of him but what I can see is adorable!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gosh, Eileen . . . this bear is absolutely wonderful!!  He has a great face and you did an outstanding job!  :clap: :clap: :clap: bear_flower bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Thanks, Kim and Sue Ann!  :hug:

Sorry about the bigpic. I guess I should resize by inches? Still can't get a thumbnail to come up, dang  :doh:

I had to pack him up immediately before I started to cry, or changed my mind, or something awful--off to the post office with him!!

Eileen

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Eileen he is beautiful! I posted about him on another post but I wish I owned him NOW! He is wonderful!

Many Hugs Louise

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awwww Eileen, he's SUPERB!!!   I would have loved this as a child too, I didn't have a bear as a child.....  :(

This gorgeous creation will be adored I'm sure, well done you!!  :dance:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Eileen, I will no longer be sharing secrets and tips with you, because your work is progessing at a scarily marvelous pace, and I need to keep my customers.  ;)

SUPERB bear!  Some little one (or big one?) will be absolutely delighted with it, I'm absolutely certain.  The nose is fantastic.  Love it!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_wub :hug: Thanks, Louise and Clare and Shelli  :hug:

You guys always make me feel great . . . though I don't think you've got anything to worry about, Shelli!! But what a priceless compliment.

Anyway, I wrapped the little dude and took him straight to Envoi, a local shop that packs and sends stuff for businesses. I didn't trust myself. How do you girls do it, time after time? I'm a wreck!!

That said, I'm thrilled that some very sick child will own him, and really really hope he helps to ease the pain and suffering. Progeria sucks!!

Thanks again, lovely ones!  :hug:

Eileen

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Eileen, your gala bear is soooooooooo adorable !!!  :bday:
19" big !? it must took your time to stuff big bear like him !
The child who adapt this bear will be so happy for sure♪ and
I like to adapt him too !!!!  :hug: (in my dream....) he he

Hugs/Marie  bear_smile

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Thanks, Mandie and Marie  :hug:

Your approval means a lot to me!

Eileen

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Wow Eileen - he's beautiful!

What a star and a little angel you are to donte this gorgeous bear to the PRF

BIG HUGS

Penny

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Awwww, thanks, Penny! My pleasure.  :hug:

Artist bears are special, but so are these children. I don't mean to suggest that adult collectors are unimportant, but I still think it's a bear's highest calling to comfort a child!

Eileen

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Now he's really great. Love the claws.!!!! Great mohair. One of my personal favorites! :clap: :clap:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Eileen, he is wonderful! I love everything about him!! bear_wub

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Thanks, Matilda and Terrie!  :hug:

All your nice comments are giving me great encouragement! Dr. Sanjay Gupta (cute medical expert on CNN) will be hosting the Gala--with any luck, this bear will get to meet him!

Eileen

Board footer