Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Kathleen Pa

If you have built your own website and are not a computer whiz, I'd like to know what hosting/web builder you used. I'm  looking at Homestead and Yahoo now and am wondering if anyone has used either of these to build their site.  I just want a pretty basic site with good customer service ( I'm not that good with the computer, so I like the idea of unlimited phone support).  If you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate all input.  Thank you.

Kathleen bear_flower

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hiya Kathleen. Lots of us on here use freewebs. Check my site out. Very, very simple to do that you would not need to ring them, promise! Plus if you do get stuck there would be someone on here to help you. As the name says, they are free!

http://members.freewebs.com/

chris009av Real Deal Bears

I am also a freewebs user, though I have never had the need to use there suport as it is so well explained.
Any problems too and there are alot of us here that use it and are only too willing to help.
Looking forward to see you up and running  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I use yahoo geocities, all free and very easy to use. Simple with loads of different stylings!!

Kathleen Pa

Thank you, I'll check out those sites.  I definitely like the "free" part.lol

Kathleen

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

I bought a Mr Site package, which gives you your own .com and a tutorial type web page set up guide thingy bear_tongue  It's £30 to buy it, then free for a year, then about £2.50 a month to maintain bear_original

suzanne.artist Suzanne Urban Designs SG Studio
Connecticut
Website

I have an eMac and use the apple server. I designed and built my website plus two others using dreamweaver. Pretty much I bought the dummy books and taught myself with a little help from my husband.
http://www.smirkinggoddess.com
My Blog:http://suzanneurbandesigns.typepad.com/ … achartist/

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

I use freewebs, I have never done this before and found it quite straight forward, it costs nothing, so give it a try :dance:

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

I used the Freewebs too it seemed to take me ages to set up....but once done it's very easy to maintain and add pics to etc....and I don't usually like spending too much time on IT things!  bear_wacko  and like Sue says it's free too!  bear_thumb
Hugs Lynne

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

I am a yahoo geocities user, I use Microsoft Frontpage to build my webpages, very easy to use.

Board footer