Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

O.K. so , I didn't get in a magazine or make a big sale , BUT.........................

.....................I got my first order of mohair ever a few minutes ago  :dance:   The mailman looked at me a bit odd when I grabbed the box excitedly  bear_happy And I didn't even get charged for customs taxes !!!!  it only took like 5 days to get here from California too.  ( I ordered it from that place closing out and was 50% off). But, if it works out Intercal watch out LOL.

I got 3 pieces and I have washed one and it is drying.  Oh, I can't WAIT to make my first bear with it.   It will be so MUCh easier than real fur I can tell.   Not quite as soft and fluffy , but a fun new exprience.

Oh, am I going to be growing a different stash now ????   I have a room full of fur coats already YIKES !   a108.gif

Sorry , but I just had to share my excitement, and I knew you guys would understand ! c027.gif

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Yeah Tammy....I just got a box from Intercal yesterday and another one on the way...it is exciting!!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I just got my shipment from them yesterday!  I got a big stash of Needle Felting stuff... so ladies, stay tuned for more Kim-Bee Felties!!!   :dance:

kraftyladies Beary Lovely ... Bears by Susan
Florida

ohhh! What fun, another person addicted to mohair!   :clap:  :D

Susan

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

When my Intercal box arrives it's like Christmas come early.  I know that excitement exactly.  My family think I'm a total nutcase.  But the cats, who sleep on ANY mohair they find lying around, understand the obsession exactly!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

My box from Sierra Meadows came this week and I was SOOOOOO excited!!! I ordered mohair I'd never order otherwise. One piece was an end piece and kind of icky but I can use most of it. It was so exciting!

Tammy - it's most definitely personal preference but the Schulte mohairs (which is the brand they carry and you got) are quite soft to begin with, though not like real fur. So you shouldn't HAVE to wash it. Let me know if you see much of a difference.

Have fun!!!!! Merry Christmas!!  :dance:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh Tammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :hug:  How exciting!!!  I also got a wonderful order - but from Gerrys!  It was full of great stuff  :D

Can't wait to play - can't wait to see wht oyu have come up with after you have played!

Danni

Deb Upstate New York

What is it about those mohair packages anyway?  I can't wait to get my hands on that stuff.  Tammy, you've LOVE it.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Me to  : :lol:: :lol:i just go a order from BearyCeap and was thinging of getting some from intercal the specials they send you., Danni have you ever purchase mohair from intercal how was the posting costs just love the boxs coming in the mail  bear_thumb

Australia

No, Fran, I've never taken the plunge to buy internationally for Mohair. I really am feeling the need to give it a go though!  IF you do buy from Intercal, please let all us aussies and kiwis know about how the postage prices were!

Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

He, he ... Tammy's got the bug!  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Jane

P.S. He, he ... there's no cure ... thank goodness.  bear_laugh

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Do you like me keep getting your fabric out and feeling it? I had about 6 new pieces and you can only make one at a time but I keep getting the other pieces out and feeling them. My opposite experience... hold on why I compose myself, was on ebay. Someone was selling a wondeful stash of mohair. I put my bid in. In the meantime I realised I could afford to bid more and it was worth it. AHHHH! my computer went down and I could not get to the library to go on theirs. It went for a song and I still think about it now! Serves me right for not putting a higher bid in. I know I might still not have got it, but what a bargain the other person got!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

ooooooo Tammy I got a parcel this week toooooo!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Matilda :redface: :dance:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

We're all so the same. It's funny.
I just got some cool eyes from Beary cheap, and am waiting for a big box of mohair from Intercal. A great way to spend my smoking money!!!!!!!!
Heather

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Tammy,

I think you can see that you're getting a package is almost as much fun as if we had gotton it ourselves. 

Congratulations!

Have fun

Wooooohoooooo  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh bear_thumb Oh, yes, Tammy and Amanda!

Our postman is used to my little jumps and squeaks by now. He probably thinks it's drugs! Or chocolate  :dance:

I keep my mohair rolled up in an old sideboard drawer, but I'm always pulling pieces out to snuggle. Same with my fur coats, hanging in the coldroom. I just like to feel them. Funny, though, I've never actually tried on one of the coats. Something about wearing fur creeps me out. Ideally, I think I'd like to line the walls with mohair and fur. Or pile it all on the floor and wallow in it . . . nothing like a good wallow!

Eileen

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Eillen, great idea. I have never thought of rolling my mohair to store it. I like that idea a whole lot better than folding it.
Thanks for that,
Heather

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh I guess it's better for the mohair (no fold lines), but the real reason I rolled it was so that I could open the drawer and see it all at once!

Eileen

Australia

I guess it all comes down to personal opinion, but I rather mine folded than rolled - it's so hard to trace your pattern onto once it's been rolled, I guess i could always iron the backing, but then, I'm too lady to do that!   :lol:

Danni

Pipa UK
Eileen wrote:

bear_laugh bear_thumb Oh, yes, Tammy and Amanda!

. Ideally, I think I'd like to line the walls with mohair and fur. Or pile it all on the floor and wallow in it . . . nothing like a good wallow!

Eileen

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin now can you imagine the fleas you would get in there? heheheh

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've been thinking of making a bed sized quilt out of mohair. OK, I'd need to be really wealthy to buy all that first but wouldn't it be wonderful to just lay on it, snuggle with it...... especially kid mohair. Heavenly dreams!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Sounds like a good plan there Daphne  :dance:

Board footer