Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Lisa's made the TBR cover - GREAT Photo! Been gone all day so I haven;'t even cracked the inside yet - CONGRATS!!! What a thrill for you, your girls will be showing off the mag to their teachers!!!!

warm hugs - B

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Woohoo and whoopee, Lisa . . . way to go!!  Congratulations!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Congrats Lisa!!! I haven't received my copy yet but now I can't wait.

Hugs,

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Great, Lisa. I don't get TBR...darn. I should look into it.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Fantastic, Lisa!!! Can't wait to see it!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

WhoooHOOOO!!!!  I got mine today too and haven't had a chance to open it yet, but Lisa your sweetie makes the cover look awesome!!!

suburban Chicago

I was away for 7 hours and just got home - to flip through the pages. There are definitely some real Q D Patooties there. Great photography - did you do your own or did TBR?

Berta Hesen-Minten also has a nice part in the More than Mohair feature.
I wish I'd get into the practice of sending all new work to the mags. I forget...

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Way to go Lisa- congratulations and how thrilling to see your creations on the front cover. I don't have my copy yet so hope it arrives soon
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

HUGE

Congrats Lisa!!!!

Hugs &

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, so exciting!  I'm thrilled for you, Lisa.   bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Congratulations Lisa  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Way to go Lisa,  it's an awesome feeling.  Couldn't of happend to nicer person,  well deserved.  Wooohooooo   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

big hugs

Shane

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Lynette

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

CONGRATULATIONS

Lisa that is wonderful news. Your critters are so creative I am surprise you aren't on the front cover all the time. :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Wendy

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Fantastic, well done Lisa...can someone scan the picture and show me please, I would love to see it.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

puca bears puca bears

Huge Congratulations, Lisa - front cover is REALLY special, and you deserve it! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
big huggies
Maria

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Congratulations Lisa!  Well deserved, can't wait to see it!

Princess4Paws Princess4Paws Designs by Marge Wiese
Apopka, FL
Website

Congratulations Lisa!  This is quite an honor!

Tropical Teddy Bear Hugs!

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

CONGRATULATIONS, Lisa!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Can't wait to get my copy!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  Way to go Lisa!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

You know, I had to look at this three times and finally I thought...Twin Cubs, oh, THAT'S ME!  Thank you so much for all the kind words.  I am still in shock and have been keeping this a secret for a while.  I've put the article on my website under "Press" if you don't get the magazine and want to read it.  I did take all of the photos in the article itself except the ones with the white background.  All the photos with the blue background are my photographs.  It's all been very exciting, very humbling (because there are a lot of other artists out there with a lot more talent) and truthfully, I never thought I would see the day when one of my quirky creations graced the cover of anything much less a magazine.  So I'm still kind of stunned.

Anyway, here's the cover if you haven't seen it and the article is on my website (http://www.qdpatooties.com/press.htm) now with additional photographs on my Blog (http://qdpatooties.blogspot.com).

TBRapr08cvrflickr.jpg

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Lisa , I am totally thrilled for you.  You give so much to others and  share your knowledge so you totally deserve this recognition.  Your work is unique and looks beautiful in the magazine.  Congratulations.  :clap:    :dance:

suburban Chicago

One of the photos and commentary that I most enjoyed was your mock-up cover and TBR telling about it.

Was it 2 years ago when you showed us an example, saying that "One can dream." and the "This is probably the only way your work will grace a mag cover."

Perhaps that's what the rest of us need to do. - practice seeing our work there, dream and it WILL happen!

I love all of it!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Congrats Lisa!!!  bear_flower   bear_flower   bear_flower

Pages:

Board footer