Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Ah yes, they told about my dad walking around the house playing his ukelele too!  I'm sure that's not something he wanted the world to know but as you all know when I start to write about something, and am excited, I sometimes can't help telling about something that tickled me in some way.  My dad has forgiven me by the way.

I also truly believe in the power of positive thinking and that you can make good things happen that way.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I've never been nominated for a teddy bear award in one of the American contests but have dreamed about it many times (it also helps to enter).  All of my positive thoughts right now are centered on visualizing my twins in underpants instead of diapers.  I'm dreaming of a diaper free world for me.  Close your eyes and think with me now so it will become REAL!

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

bear_flower Lisa! Couldn't happen to a nicer person!
Now lets get down to business :photo: . See if you can get extra copies of the magazine. Do have one cover professionally framed. Then laminate or use a portable frame for another copy that you can bring to shows. It's really great if you can get extra copies of the magazine and hand them out to special collectors or other PR people interested in your creations. Saves a lot of explanation time and they'll remember it better than a quick talk.   :dance: OK, continue celebrating  :bday:
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

How wonderful and what a great cover it is too! Way to go Lisa.   bear_thumb  :clap:

Regards

Lisa

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
KJ Lyons wrote:

bear_flower Lisa! Couldn't happen to a nicer person!
Now lets get down to business :photo: . See if you can get extra copies of the magazine. Do have one cover professionally framed. Then laminate or use a portable frame for another copy that you can bring to shows. It's really great if you can get extra copies of the magazine and hand them out to special collectors or other PR people interested in your creations. Saves a lot of explanation time and they'll remember it better than a quick talk.   :dance: OK, continue celebrating  :bday:
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Karen,
You are so thoughtful and helpful!  I'm so glad you are going to Expo this year too as I relied on your opinion a lot last year!!!

Okay, back to celebrating...

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

And thanks so much to everyone for the kind words!

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

Wunerful, wunerful, wunerful!!!! It really is a very eyecatching cover. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Yay! Congrats Lisa! I just may have to re-subscribe.. heehee.
Bear Hugs!
Melanie

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

It's such an honor and a thrill Lisa.  I am very pleased for you :clap: .  :clap:  :clap:  Enjoy it and get lots of copies!

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower
Aw, thanks guys!  Like I said, the whole experience has been very exciting.  And I received such nice personal notes from several people at Jones Publishing.  I think I have 5 magazines in total so far but definitely want more.  I'll have to order some from Jones or haunt my local Borders.  Anyway, I haven't stopped smiling for days...I must go rest my cheeks!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

:dance:  :dance:  :dance: Lisa your cover bear is so precious!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to get my copy, and show it around saying, "I know her!!!"

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

Congratulations!  YIPPIE!!!

/bearhugs

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: Hurrrahhhh!!!!  Congratulations Lisa!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   

And some very sound advice from Karen there  bear_happy

nandesign Posts: 361

Congratulations Lisa...your cover is really darling...and the article/pics is just great! Way to go!

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Good for you Lisa!  Well done  :clap:

hugs,

Brenda

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Lisa what great news, congratulations to you  :dance:  :dance:

Pauline

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Congratulations COVER GIRL!!!!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

The "pats on the back" and good wishes mean so much coming from you guys.  You all are so good to me!!!  Thanks so much!!!!

P.S.  And if you've been trying to E-mail me and I haven't sent anything back it's because I've been messing around with my Spam software.  Anyway, I'm sorry and I will try to look through the SPAM folder and get back to you!

Pages:

Board footer