Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

platypusinmygweb.jpgYa would'nt read about it!!!

Pipa UK

What is it Matilda ???

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Matilda... is that a platapus!?  Is that how you spell platapus?  I see a beavery lookin' guy with a duck bill.....????

Is that what it is?  Aren't those the strangest creatures you ever saw!?

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

It looks like a blue frog to me LOL

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Looks like a blue dolphin to me  bear_laugh

Pipa UK

what a mystery hehehe

Densteds Densteds
Website

platypus.jpgI think it is a duck billed platypus..if it is it's very rare to see one anywhere...they are strange creatures the female lays two eggs when the babies hatch they are only an inch long like a baby mouse, they then crawl onto the mother's belly and suckle...I found this photo..they have fur, webbed feet, and a duck bill.
We sure have some weird critters downunder!!

Denise.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I was watching animal planet and heard that they are poisionous!  They apparently can get nasty and have a sharp nail-like thing on a back foot that is poisionous...

Densteds Densteds
Website

Kim...they are very shy animals, and they have spurs on their back legs for protection..it emits a poison if they are attacked..the photo Matilda has taken is amazing they are rarely seen.

Denise.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh WOW!  That is so cool!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

That's what I thought it was!!!!! I spelled it wrong of course,  bear_tongue Thanks Denise!  I must admit, though they are shy creatures, I bet I'd scream if I saw one on my deck! 
I am a major animal lover, but thoes platypuses (OMG what's the plural? platypusses, platypai, platy.... -- just looked it up, it's 'platypuses')  just so unlike any other animal... Must have been a big shock Matilda!  Yes, I would have screamed, then run for the camera if I hadn't scared the poor thing off!
My husband would just completely freak!  My husband once yelled to me that there was an 18 inch rat on our patio.  Since I grew up in Ohio, I knew before I even saw it that it was just an opossum.  He grew up in Egypt and had never seen an opossum (that's a 'possum' for you southern gals!) 

So cool Matilda! And so neat that you had the presence of mind to grab a camera!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I adore platypuses - God sure could'nt make his mind up the day he created these. Goes to show we all have ooo-errr days!

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Penny

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I think it was one of his last and he was suffering a creative bloke so he just took some of his favorite bits and added them together. Or he was just experimenting on his big computer in the sky and pressed save and send by mistake.  bear_grin  bear_grin

Pipa UK

Oh wow how amazing to have one in your back yard !!!!! Oz has way more intersting critters than we do !! bear_original

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

he was suffering a creative bloke

Nice one Shari !!!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

was he/she/it in a backyard pond? I want one too!

Marion

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Totally awesome! Maybe I should start making stuffed platypus........... :)
Ellen

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh bear_laugh WOW  bear_laugh bear_laugh

Possums we've got . . . I see them all the time in the park! Well, once the dogs tree them, anyway.

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

About a month ago, I found a baby possum living in my mohair closet!!!!  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  Go figure!!!  Matilda, that shot of the platypus is outstanding!!  So glad you shared!!

Pipa UK

oh  how cute having a baby possum in your mohair stash. he must have thought it was really cozy in there hehehe,

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Now wait a second, Matilda hasn't said that it is indeed a platypus!
Is it really?????
Looks like a beaver and a duck and an aligator got together and.....  :doh:

Pipa UK
Dilu Posts: 8,574

Penny/Shari  D'ya suppose HE was having an off day with any other creations too?  No, I didn't necessarily mean 2 legged kind...........

Its been a rough day here in gollyland and i did so appreciate the laugh

Thank you you darlinkins

bear_tongue

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

If it IS a platypus...which it looks like it is..(although it looks very blue), it is indeed rare to see one. I believe this is because they are sensitive to light and are mainly nocturnal. (someone correct me if I'm wrong and I'll pull my head in!)  :rolleyes:

When you go into the Platypus enclosure in the zoo, it is very dimly lit and you have to wait for your eyes to adjust before you can see them. Hope it wasn't lost or injured. You must have a very open backyard near to a creek do you Matilda? You're a great one for keeping us all in suspense aren't ya! bear_tongue

Densteds Densteds
Website
gotobedbears wrote:

I adore platypuses - God sure could'nt make his mind up the day he created these. Goes to show we all have ooo-errr days!

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Penny

They were all leftover bits, and that's all he could come up with...  bear_grin bear_grin

Denise.

Board footer