Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Margaret Always Bearing In Mind
High Wycombe, Bucks.
Website

I hope it was a happy and successful day for everyone at the Winter Bearfest today, whether selling or buying.  Seemed to be the busiest for years and such wonderful creations - you're a lot of clever and inspiring people.  Hope you all had good journeys home of course.

At last I've got a new computer so can get back to joining in the chat, and hopefully get back to joining in the bearmaking too now I've nearly got the workroom sorted following our move.

Happy making and collecting
                                            Margaret

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

It certainly was a busy old day lots of new customers too..we sold out by lunch time and twiddled our thumbs for 3 hours. My battery on the camera ran out of juice so bang went any chance of piccies...got just one or two of my stand before it died.
Chatted to lots of TTers...that was a total delight!!!
I did see Jane ( Doodle Bears) rushing round snapping away..but it was so busy I couldn't talk to her!

Here's my stand anyway...

001.jpg

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Jenny,
Wonderful, as always. Next year you'll have to double your amount of bears. As long as they all went, thats what you are wanting.
Well deserved rest now!
Love kayx.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Excellent news. I was thinking of you all. Just shows things are on the up. When you get time share some more of your day.  :hug:

puca bears puca bears

YES! Great news  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: - sounds like it was a very good day - well done, Jenny, and looking forward to more pics and tales!
huggies
Maria

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Ellen and Jenny,
Your tables look really nice with all those gorgeous bears!  Wonderful set-ups!

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

2008_02240006.JPGHi Everyone ,the show was great and the day went so quickly , so nice to catch up with old friends and meet new ones ,
hugs,
Louise x

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Louise...your bears are exquisitely beautiful. Coco has settled in now and is boss of the hug!!  I wish I had more money...I totally needed one of Samanthas bears too..... bear_cry I bought far too much fabric though..and bought two cups of coffee ..LOL

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

Thanks Jenny ,glad he has settled in ,couldnt have gone to a nicer mum !! bear_original
hugs,
Louise x

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

So glad it went well for you Jenny, your table looks wonderful. As does everyone else's, I hope to get there one day.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Just another picture of Jackie Melerski's Gilmur Rudley Bears (a very firm favourite of mine). I can't begin to tell you how delighted I was to be able to meet Jackie in person!!!

oooh where's that green with envy icon.  I've loved her bears since I first was introduced to artist bears back in 97.  I love their solid roundyness.  I once got to pick one up in a shop in australia - boy are they heavy!  thanks for sharing your pic ellen.

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

I must say well done to everyone at Hugglets.....it was such a fabulous day...my first visit....I was just as excited to meet all the TT members, as to see all the wonderful bears! So many people were there....by the time I got to some stands a lot of bears had been sold...which was fabulous for them.
I had left my camera at home (still charging in the kitchen!)  in the rush to catch the train...so no pics....sorry! It was wonderful to be able to see and touch the fantastic beary creations in the fur....everyone should be sooooo proud of themselves  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs Lynne  :hug:
ps hope I didn't startle Cat (Raggy Rat) too much....I recognised her walking around.....well her 'bump' really gave her away! ...and went up and said hi...thought afterwards it was prob a bit of a random thing to do!  bear_rolleyes

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I was so busy I didn't get time to take many pics and unfortunately my flash wasn't really man enough for the job, but I did take one of my stand before the show opened ...
Winterbearfeststand08.jpg

I've just updated my blog with my show report and a few more pics, so if you're interested, please pop over for a read!

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi! bear_flower
It is so nice to hear that everyone had such a lovely day at Hugglets so well done to you all!   :clap:

I had been looking forward to going for ages, but absolutely typically, I went down with a stomach bug the night before and felt a bit grim on the Sunday, and so missed it all!!!!  I was NOT a happy bunny!   bear_cry I was so looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing their lovely bears, but alas, it was not to be!!  Maybe next year!  I even missed last year because my Mum was ill on the day, so maybe it will be third time lucky!!

Thanks to all for showing some lovely pics!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_thumb

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Paula...it was lovely to meet you on Sunday and thanks for sharing the photo of your stand....as there were only two bears left by the time I caught up with you! They were gorgeous bears.....much bigger than I imagined...sometimes it's hard to picture the scale on the TT pics.....I'm in awe of big bear makers!  bear_rolleyes

Hope you're feeling better Marilyn....what a shame you missed it....good we have all these fab pics tho!  bear_thumb
Hugs Lynne  :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

It was a pleasure to meet you Lynne, thanks for taking the time to pop over and introduce yourself! 

What a shame you missed the show Marilyn, I hope you're on the mend now.  By the way, I'm guessing you managed your 'satnav' trip okay the other day?!  I did too!  Mind you, it took a while for my hands to relinquish the shape of the steering wheel afterwards!!! bear_tongue

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

hello everyone
and waves to everyone i managed to say hi to
i enojoyed it so much - and i remember how i couldnt  get there in september, well it was well worth the wait, even if i didint get to meet young chloe our sloth lady this time !

it was lovely meeting those of you i did meet, and its was fine to pop up to me and shout 'cat' lynne, heehee, i was a bit startled but that was nice ...

i should have made notes to make up for my feeble preggy brain, as i know for certain some TTers but others whose bears i knew i found myself wondering - TT or a teddy mag ??? heehee
and after embarassing myself with one stall holder i got a bit shy after that ...
didnt manage  the basement properly, just go sooooo darn tired, my foor feet and swollen ankles, mind you i
DID BUY MY FIRST PROPPER ARTIST CRITTER, i need t o upload her pic ... it was the face that spoke to me and the cash left in my pocked matched her tag ... i did the walk round and see if she is still there later thing too ...
lucky hubby likes her and i shall take her photo and share her with you ...

finnished 2 parrot puppets today within their deadline so im here to wofle and browse !
i love teddy woirlds and i had a fab time
i also had a fun time in the toilets with yvonne - bebbin bears - and others waiting !

had fun rat spotting too !
hugs
cat and my nearly 31 week belly !

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Ah, Thank you so much Lynne and Paula!  I'm feeling much better now thank you!!

Paula Oh, what a mystery trip I had!!  The sat nav took me on a totally different direction to what I was expecting!!  Panicked a bit when I saw Blackwell Tunnel signposts and then thought I was on the M25!!!  I had a couple of hiccups and then the sat nav decided it was going to go on a break and left me with nothing!!!  It got me home though which is the important thing, but I quite enjoyed it in the end!  Well done on your trip - I hear you had a little detour too!!!!!  Didn't we do well though!!!  He He!!

Hugs

Marilyn

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

hugglets082.jpghugglets08.jpgWe had a lovely day, here was my display before the fair opened.

Bearlyn Bears Posts: 13

bear_wub Loved all the photos of the show, thank you ladies.   Marilyn I do hope you are feeling better now.
Hugs,
Lynne Thomson
Bearlyn Bears

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

I've finally got my photos sorted so I can share a couple of my stall.  Like many others, I just didn't get chance to photograph much else - Jane is such a star with her camera!!!!! :photo:

I had a lovely day - it was so nice to meet so many of you, and to have the chance for a quick chat!!  I took 25 bears with me in the end, and 20 of them were adopted, so I was thrilled.  I thought the atmosphere and 'buzz' at Hugglets was fab!!

Here are a couple of pics of my stall before opening.

100_1447.jpg

100_1448.jpg

100_1449.jpg

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I am still trying to catch a wake up call. The plane trip back was fine however last night one of the dogs got sick on the bed and in the middle of the night I was stripping the bed while hubby was hanging onto the duvet thinking I had totally lost it.

I came home with no bears yet had heavier suitcases than when I left.Which means I left with 35 kilo and returned with 51kilo, and that was not counting the goods I had stuffed into my hand luggage and hand bag.

It was good meeting the few TT members that I saw and Jane thank you for sharing the show with all the other TT members who could not make it and who do not reside int the UK. I do hope Jane that you eventually got back to your table or did your daughter have to pack up on her own?????

LynetteDSC00043_640x480.JPG
blond_pair_640x480.jpg
dorfie_640x480.jpg
Now this bear went and painted the town red on the Saturday evening and unfortunately did not recover from his escapades leaving him feeling very hung over.

Board footer