Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I just got my newest issue of Teddy Bear Review!

As always there is so much to look at and see,  Louise and Garnet's little polar bear is in there and looks great!  Congrats to Louise and Garnet.

But the really big news.....has this already been posted and I missed it?

There is an article on fabulous bear eyes......and I didn't have to check the caption to knows whose eyes where the first 2 examples in the story!

Yep, our very own Shelli, who has, through the past months on TT, been so giving of information on how to create beautiful eyes.

Christine Pike wrote the article and it also has eyes Christine has done as well as other artists.....but Shell's eyes were front and center....or am I unabashedly biased.....I don't know, I don't care, they are beautiful and we are all so proud of you Shelli.

Congratulations Shelli, you deserve it, and now the whole world knows it!

:dance: :hug: :dance: :hug: :dance: :hug: :dance: :hug: :dance: :hug:

bear_tongue

Now, I just got this mag, so I haven't had a chance to play my game-how many TT folks can I find......you'll have to wait

bear_tongue bear_tongue

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Congrats Shelli...and everyone else who made the "cut".  I have to get myself a subscription...can you believe I don't have one yet.  Is this the magazine I should start out with? 

:hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thanks, Dilu.  I (finally!) got my copy just a few days ago, and was -- to quote our international friends -- totally CHUFFED about my coverage in it.  I pretty much felt like I OWNED that magazine from cover to cover, I got to be featured so many times.  Wow!  What a huge thrill and honor!

This kidn of coverage is totally new for me.  My only other published photos EVER were in:  (1) a great Tableaux-themed TBR editorial last spring (one picture of OCEANE) and (2) in the Golden Teddy nominee list.  Plus, my paid advertising, in both TBR and TB&F.  But I figure the advertising kinda doesn't "count," cause you don't get selected for it.  I find the bigger high in the compliment of being chosen for inclusion.

I'm so, so, so grateful to Christine for choosing my bears for her article, and for putting them beside hers and Denise Purrington's (Denise is even a friend of mine, and I didn't realize she would be in the article too.)  It's wonderful to be considered a peer to those two terrific artists.

I'm also incredibly grateful to TEDDY BEAR REVIEW, for being such a huge and important part of my terrific year.  Their support has been unwavering and really encouraging.  I'm still pretty new in this industry so it's meant a lot to my confidence.

I appreciate the notice, Dilu.

And, just FYI... there is a thread somewhere, which lists all the many talented TEDDY TALKERS who appear in this wonderful holiday issue.  There are more artist bears than a bearlover could know what to do with.  The holiday editorial is wonderful.

Yay, bearmakers!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: Wonderful, Shelli!!  :dance:

How sweet it is to see talented people you actually know honored!  :hug:

It's very frustrating not to be seeing these mags  bear_sad  and all my buds. I got away with ordering TB&F because a neighbor's angelic 5-year-old came to the door selling subscriptions, and John couldn't say no!! "Pick something," he suggested, and I did. But while I'm still doing penance ( bear_tongue HA!) for the Visa bill, I dasn't order anything more. It's kinda fun to be the black sheep of the family!  :lol:

Eileen

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Way to go Shelli - that is brilliant. Big congratulations to you and all the others
that are featured in the magazine!

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_thumb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Shantell

try going to Amazon-if you order both you get a break-now the downside is it takes about 3 months to get started....but it is both of them.....

And they are both wonderful-different styles-but great mags.....I couldn't chose between them now, since I have had both.

My dream would be to be able to have the ones from Australia, Canada and England.....I checked prices for overseas and yikes!  Could get a yard of mohair for that!  bear_grin bear_grin

bear_tongue

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

I buy my teddy bear reviews on Ebay, nice lady sells them and will hold onto one months, so I can get 2 months at a time, less shipping!!  bear_original I only buy them when you all say they are good!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Actually, I believe -- and please don't shoot me, Jones publishing! -- that you can actually order single copies of most magazines, bear or otherwise (including TBR), from the publisher.  Just write them a note and ask!

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Shelli,  big congrats...you certainly deserve all the accolade..a truely talented lady dedicated to her craft....  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

and to all the other ladies featured, congratulations also..  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

big hugs,
Denise.

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

Congratulations, Shelli!  I wish I could go out and find a copy of the issue tonight!  Can't wait to see it...

You're artisitic vision and hard work are true inspirations for me.

Hooray for Shelli!

LuLu

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh nuts! I have tried to order this magazine a trillion times and so far nothing. I would love to see the article of Shelli's about eyes so if there is anyone who would like to scan it for me I would be soooooo grateful.

Shelli a big congratulations and well done. You really do deserve to be CHUFFED by the sounds of it.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Congratulations to any other members who have made it in magazines this month. I have (just about) got a picture of me and one of my my bears in a magazine. It is in the report from the Hugglets show in London.

Jane

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:thumbsup:BIG CONGRATULATIONS :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: bear_smile

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

well done Shelli!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Congratulations Shelli!!!  bear_flower bear_wub bear_thumb
You really deserve it !  :hug:

Hugs/Marie

Pipa UK

Congrats Shelli, how exciting having your bears and thier eyes in print !! bear_original

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

That is great news!!!! Congraulations Shelli, I can't wait to get my copy and see the article.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Way to go Shelli! However none of us are at all surprised. Your bears are outstanding and your eyes are what make them so special!

Many Hugs Louise

Irene Irenours-bears
France

I'm so glad for you Shelly :dance:. Me too, i would want to see it

Deb Upstate New York

Shelli ~ Big congratulations!  :dance:

Everyone else ~ I emailed Jones Publishing to ask for instruction on ordering single issue.  Stay tuned.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Yay Shelli.  It is a wonderful article. :thumbsup:

I gather no one saw my Oscar bear in the beggining of the magazine?  It's not a very clear photo bear_sad

Deb Upstate New York

Judi honey ~ Can't ya read?  No one else (who has posted above) has the magazine.  But we're workin' on it!  And we'll look for Oscar, don't you worry.   :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

aaahhhhhh :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_cry bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub :hug: :hug: :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well congrats Shelli - and Judi too!  I hope one day I get published in a mag!  I think I have a few years and more experience to gain before that happens though bear_original

So proud of you gals!   :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kimmy, all you need to do is to submitt photos to the magazines.  On thier websites they have photo submission forms.  They may use them , they  may not , but if you feel you have something they might publish, then give it go.  You have nothing to lose. bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I dont think my bears are good enough just yet.... but I will eventually bear_original

Oh, I reread Dilu's post !  Congrats Louise and Garret also!!!   bear_grin

Board footer