Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Dilu Posts: 8,574

OK- I have come back- after having to share the computer with my husband.  Again, it had been turned off, and again, like always before I did  not have to log in.

So how many of you have to log in?  Johnna told me she does.  I am not going to complain, but I did save the login code this time. :lol:

I know some of you never log off-  but due to a healthy dose of paranoia around here, I do have to.  So those of you who routinely log off do you have to login when you come back?

I am just curious. 

I suspect it is an avoidance tactic so that I don't do what needs to be done.  ;)

Dilu

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Dilu i stay lodged on all the time don't bear_whistle have time to log off bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, if you log off, you will have to log back in.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I believe that if you don't log off, just discontect from your internet connection, don't shut computer down, then you don't have to log back in again.

Ask Quy! He's the master of this techie stuff. I bet he knows the answer.

What I did..... after logging in one day I saved the index page to my 'Favorites' list. Now, when I click on it, no matter whether the computer has been turned off, disconnected from the internet, etc. it automatically brings me to the index page with me all logged in. I never technically Log Off from TT but rather just click that little red X way up there to close the window and my connection with TT. Does this make any sense? I have THE MOST PARANOID hubster in all the land. I think my email goes through 59 different security checks before I can open it. He's got so many protection programs on my laptop it's insane. But it's a healthy laptop.... no viruses or bugs!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I don't logg off.  bear_whistle

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_grin

I have THE MOST PARANOID hubster in all the land.

bear_grin

Daphne, I think I must have the most paranoid hubster in this land! He's sure I'm going to give away the family identity one of these days. I'm always careful to log off any site that involves money--bank, PayPal, eBay.

I shut down my computer completely if I'm going to be away for more than a few minutes. To get back on, I have to sign in through my security service (McAfee). Once I'm in, I'm still logged in to TT-- unless I've logged off, or unless I've deleted all my cookies in a fit of housekeeping!

Eileen

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh I stay logged in all the time.  In fact, I have TT as an icon in my Yahoo toolbar so I'm just a click away!  (Hubby would be a tad bit upset if I made TT our home page  bear_whistle 

We also leave our computer on 24/7 unless there's a storm.   We do keep our virus, spyware and security software up to date (automatic)  I also BACK UP all of our documents at least once a month onto DVD... I try to do it once a week.  I only back up our folders which we keep in "My Documents"... no need to back up our programs!  Takes MUCH less space and time this way!   We learned this from some computer genius friends of ours (who have since moved away  :(.

Board footer