Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Woohoo, guess what I got???  It's my 41st wedding anniversary today and hubs gave me Photoshop Elements 4.0!!!  And one of those memory foam pillows!  I had asked for both and must've been a good girl 'cause I got them both!!  Yahoo!!  Now I hope my antique brain will be able to learn how to do all that neat stuff with Photoshop.  You girlies that have it . . . I may be picking your brains before too long.  Also ate lunch with daughter and son-in-law, then saw the "Wallace and Gromit" movie - soooooo fun!  Now I've got to go play with my new toy!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

That is just awesome Sue Ann. I really want one of those memory pillows too so please let me know what you think of it. Happy anniversary to you as 41 years is certainly a mile stone. You must be a good girl and it is obvious that Man of yours loves you very much!

Many Hugs Louise bear_wub

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

Happy Anniversary Sue Ann.  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a wonderful anniversary you've had.  Good for you -- and it's well deserved, I'm sure.  If you're anything like the warm, caring, animal-loving person you appear here, Sue Ann, in your everyday life, so many wishes come true just couldn't happen to a nicer person.

PS  I don't have Elements, but I do have PhotoShop and they are very similar, so my brain is available to you for the picking. bear_original

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Happy Anniversary  bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower

Lucky you - glad you had a fantastic day

Aren't Wallace and Grommit just the best????  I have been a fan since way back when... years ago I bought my bro a Wallace alarm clock, it was a little diorama of their sitting room and when the alarm went off it would go "time for walkies Gromit" and then if you hit the snooze button it would say " come on Gromit, don't be a lazybones" - why did I ever give that away - a lot more pleasant than my ear splitting alarm that jolts me awake at 5:30 each morning!  I'm hanging out to see the new movie   :lol:

Anway, enjoy your photoshop...once you're all skilled I can ask you questions!!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Happy wedding Anniversary sue ann

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

WOOHOOO!! Fantastic gift!!!  Can't awit to be married that long so I can get that also.. LOL  >..   Uhhh I have to find a man first LOL

Congrats Sue Ann  -  It must be lovely to have been married that long!!!

Danni

P.S You don't look old enough to have been married that long though, you must have been a child bride!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

sueannanniversary.jpgWow Sue Ann Congratulations to you both! I hope your anniversary be the best one yet. We are all waiting to see your pictures now you have Photoshop.

Jane.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Sue Ann,
Happy 41st Anniversary!!  :cake: :love:
and
Congratulations both presents!!  bear_flower bear_whistle :thumbsup:

You is husband is soooo sweet.  :lol:
and you deserve everythings!!!

Hugs/Marie

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Happy Anniversary Sue Ann,that's so wonderful that you were given such thoughtful and helpful gifts.Your hubbie must be a hunny!   bear_wub  bear_thumb

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: Happy Anniversary, Sue Ann! (And Hubby)  :hug:

Tell Hubby that we're all very impressed, all green with envy, and think he's absolutely Wonderful  bear_wub Maybe next year you'll get a sportscar!!

Eileen

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Happy Aniversary Sue Ann!  And... how lovely to have a hubby who actually hears what you've said that you'd like and follows through!  How dod you get him trained so well!!!!  :P
Congratulations!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Jane your amazing

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Sue Ann Congratulations!!!!   :hug:

Whew, they're up to P. Elements 4 already?  I still have the first Elements  :lol:

I did find the manual and stuff VERY confusing!  But what I did was I went to the book store and looked thru all the books they had on Photoshop Elements to see which would be most appropriate for the way I learn.

The book for me was "The Digital Photographer's Guide to Photoshop Elements" by Barry Beckham.

I LOVE this book because you can look thru the book and find the page or chapter that talks about the type of project you feel like learning this time, and then it walks you thru it!  You don't have to read the entire book from beginning to end.  This is great with my ever worsening attention problem....ummm... what was I talking about?  :whistle:

Oh yeah, so that's why I went to the bookstore to look at the books in person... cause everyone learns a little differently :)

And the memory foam pillow!!!  I have one too!!  It did take me about 3 weeks to get used to it.  I put it aside some nights thinking it just wasn't for me... but DH kept on me to give it a chance... and now.. WOW!  Wouldn't have any other pillow!  I had recently been having HORRIBLE pain in my left shoulder and down my arm.  Now, sleeping with that pillow... the pain is GONE!  :dance:

Just remember, with the Photoshop Elements... to not forget to work on bears LOL!   Cause Photoshop is just as addicting as bearmaking!

Happy Anniversary!!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Lucky you.  I still remember the time my husband got me a registered Jersey cow for my anniversary!  bear_wacko  It's a wonder we're still married after 35 years.

Happy Anniversary.

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Fantastic Sue-ann!! 41 years, waoohhh :clap: bear_flower I'm 25 years married and it already seems so long because in these days people get divorce sometime so quickly. Is it a camera that you had?

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, good score!!! Happy anniversary!!
I want a memory foam pillow to! Thanks for giving me a good xmas wish list idea.

Heather

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Congratulations, SueAnn...to you and your husband...it's an achievement these days!!

I have Photoshop...I'm not too good at it though....my son is and so is my daughters partner..so every time they come round to the house it's the law that they have to show me how to do one thing. That way I can build up my knowledge slowly...and I don't forget it. I am getting better all the time...but I won't be winning any prizes for my 'photoshopping'..

Have fun !!!

Jenny

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm late I'm late...as usual.

Happy Anniversary Sue Ann...WOW 41 years...that is so wonderful.  I can't imagine.  Congrats on the wonderful gifts as well...you must be a bit spoiled and well deserving I'm sure!!!

:hug:

Deb Upstate New York

Happy Anniversary SueAnn! 
d065.gif

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Happy Anniversary SueAnn

What a wonderful accomplishment!  It represents a lot of love and tears and learning to give give give.....and it goes both ways!

Would that we could all have such a wonderful anniversary!

On the Telly this morning they were talking to a couple who were having their 71 wedding anniversary.

I thought my honey blanched, and asked why

He said:  do you know how old we will be if we made it to 71?

yikes!

should have married him when I was 14

let us know about the memory pillow- I had been wondering how it would do for headaches.....

:love:

bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thank you sooooo very much, ladies, for the nice anniversary wishes!!  At times, 41 years has seemed like an eternity, but then you know how much faster time moves as you get older.  Now if I could go back and do some things over . . . sigh - guess not.  I LOVE the pillow . . . but had to share it with one of my cats last night, so I haven't experienced the full value of it yet.  Think it's going to make a big difference in the way my neck and shoulders feel, though!  I'm almost afraid to install my Photoshop!!  bear_smile  I KNOW I will want to play with it hours on end and I've got much work to do for The Toy Shoppe before Christmas gets here.  "Wallace and Gromit" was fun, fun, fun . . . the guys that created those characters are geniuses (from the UK, I think). 

Danni, you know how to make an old nag feel like a young filly!!  Got married when I was 23, had a daughter at 25 and another one at 26.  No grandbabies - just grandpets. 
Thanks Shelli and Laura for having Photoshop so I can holler if I need help!

Thank you again, all of you, for your nice comments . . . you guys are the nicest friends!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations SueAnn and Hubby that is wonderful to be married 41 years.
Wishing you all the very best wishes.
Best of luck with the photoshop and we will be looking forward to seeing your photos.
I agree with you that Wallace and Gromit are great.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_original

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Happy Anniversary SueAnn!!!!! and Congratulations!! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! I bought Photoshop Elements 4 just yesterday, it looks like a great program but I haven't figured out how to do anything yet!
Good idea, Laura Lynn, I think that I will check out some of the How to books and find one that is easy to understand.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Happy belatedAnnvrs_C.jpg   SueAnn and Hubby.   41 years is a wonderful acheivement these days.  You should be proud !   Sounds like you had a great day.  Can't wait to see all the newly edited photos when you get Elements figured out.

Pages:

Board footer