Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I've just sold a bear  :lol:

Trouble is, I'm going to miss him  :(. For the first time ever, I'm feeling quite sad about a bear going to a new home....

Don't get me wrong, I always feel a twinge when I pack a bear up....but this one is different. I'm definitely sadder about this one  :cry:

Have you ever sold a bear you've found difficult to let go?

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Which one Helena.....

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Honestly, no. Because if I, or my hubby had an attachment we keep it. That includes all my felties and sculptures.
Although, there was one bear, who I did end up missing, as I stored him beside our computer. But that all changed when the buyer emailed me to tell me how much and her husband loved the bear. So that's good.
I hope you get the same sort of email.
Which bear was this??
Heather

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

This was Dylan, the big pink bear that morphed a few times during his creation! He's been growing on me since I finished him. Because he was nothing but trouble during the making I didn't feel much at first, but now....well, I'm just sad to see him go *sniff*.

He's giving me an accusatory look from the corner here....  bear_sad

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Helena, maybe you should do what I did, and turn him into your avatar for a while so you can see his sweet little visage looking back at you everytime you come here!  Though I do love the avatar you have right now, each time I see him, I wanna give him a great big wave right back!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

That's a great idea Kim - I'll do that!!!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Helena!!  bear_sad   I'm always pleased that someone likes my bear enough to adopt them, and always think they're going to a good home, that helps!    Kim's idea is great about the avatar!

I know how you feel about those bears which you go that extra mile for though!!!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Helena, maybe you should do what I did, and turn him into your avatar for a while

I just did the same thing!!!  How hopeless are we!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

YES!  snowflake and jaiden.... I miss them both but they are both off to good homes... Jaiden will be in a good home with a TT gal bear_original  It is sad but like my hubby said, hold on to the one that you like for a while and then when you make a bear that you like better, sell the first one... it has helped a lot!  bear_original  Now that they are selling and my curio cabinet is getting empty (there at one time was about 25 in there) it is making me sad.... it looks sooo empty... only a few left bear_sad

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

It helps to know I'm not the only one....  :hug:

You're right Melissa! We're hopeless!  bear_cry

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well if you are sad about chow mein... he is happy in his new home and is well taken care of!  bear_original He is one of my favs  out of all my bears bear_original

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I hear you! I have sold 2 bears that for one reason or another have spoken to me. NANUG our Polar Bear went to a man in California and Molly one of our Pajama bears went to Kentucky to a lady that has adopted 8 of our little ones. This lady I speak of has become a good friend so I am glad it was her that received Molly.

Unfortunately I cannot afford to keep any particular bears at this time but in the future I do intend to keep some sapecial bears for my kids to have something to remember their Moms and Dads bear making Craze!

Many Hugs Louise

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Gina I want to see a picture.........

Deb Upstate New York

sad  adj.
- Affected or characterized by sorrow or unhappiness.
- Expressive of sorrow or unhappiness.
- Causing sorrow or gloom; depressing: a sad movie; sad news.
- Deplorable; sorry: a sad state of affairs; a sad excuse.
- Dark-hued; somber.

No.  Only when I didn't.  I get sad about illness, poverty, injustice ... but selling a bear, nope.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

That's how I feel too Gina  :). I get attached to them because I put so much into them, like we all do. Most of the time I get over it because I know they go to good homes and, let's be honest, the money helps!!! But this one snuck up on me....I liked him more than I realised! (I've been exchanging e-mails with his new 'mum' tonight, and she's lovely, so I feel better already!).

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh you girls are as terrible as I am!!! I really missed the first bear I sold, because he was my favourite bear I've ever made, and I'm not sure how I'll part with Toby!

Melissa - don't worry about your gorgeous angel - her new Mummy sent me photos of her bear collection, and you angel looks very well cared for and loved!!!!!!!!!

Danni

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Yes  bear_cry all the time!  The worst part for me is seeing their little faces looking up at me as I cover them over in the box  bear_cry then once they are gone, looking at the place they used to sit...sob sob
If I have a bear for too long, I can't sell it.  They are mine from a month onwards lol

Densteds Densteds
Website

I always get a little sad when I'm packing them, but I was quite sad when my last bear, Henry sold, probably because he's been the best I've made so far...although I received an email from his new owner last night, which lifted my spirits.. he'd just arrived and she was over the moon with him, so it's always nice to know they've found an appreciative & loving new mum..

:hug:
Denise.

Board footer