Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I just arrived home after spending one month with my daughter in Tennessee.  Her baby, Sullivan, has had two surgeries for infant glaucoma.  He had his second surgery just after I arrived there.  Since then, the pressure in his eyes has been better but it's still slightly elevated in his left eye so he will have another surgery on May 15th and have a shunt inserted to relieve the eye pressure.

I think my visit was a big help to her and I was so happy to spend a month with Sullivan.   I lent my emotional support and I did house work, cooked dinner, etc.  And that baby,  he is such a happy little guy, full of smiles and giggles. He grew leaps and bounds while I was there. It was so hard for me to leave him. 

My new computer was delivered a few days after I left.  As soon as I got home I set it up, bought a webcam and signed up for Skype.

While I was there, I had time to work on my blog.  If anyone would like to exchange blog links with me, let me know.

Here's my little babe:
Sullivan_Small.jpg

Me and the babe:
IMG_0992_Medium_Small.JPG

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Patty he is adorable! Baby Sullivan looks such a beautiful little lad, you have every reason to be the proud grandmother that you obviously are. It is such a worry when our little ones are unwell, I do hope the next surgery helps 100%. I too have signed up for Skype but I can't hear anyone but they can hear me...I don't know what I've done wrong.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin I'll have to try again...maybe we could chat when I get it working.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Hi Patty,  I'm so glad little Sullivan is doing better and hope his next surgery will go wonderfully with great results!!!  He is such a little cutie; it must have been so hard to leave him.

I'd love to exchange blog links, too.  I'll add yours now.

Hugs,

Ellen

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Thanks for the pics.  Sullivan is soooooooooo cute.  What a little trooper.  Kids bounce back so quick it is amazing and he looks so happy.  Poor little guy all that he has been through and he's still smiling!  Hope everything goes good with the next surgery. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

He does look like a happy little guy even with all he's gone through. I so hope that the next surgery does everything it should and he'll be on his way to being a normal little boy playing in mud puddles, bringing mommy bugs and frogs and doing all the things little boys do.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

He's so darling, Patty...and what a gorgeous Grandma he has.   I'm thrilled to hear that Sullivan is doing better.  I hope the eye shunt works well for him.  As always keep us posted on how he's doing and of course pictures of that cute little dude.  What a charmer!!

Hugs,
Shantell

P.S.  I'd love to swap blog links... http://appledumplingbears.blogspot.com

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I'm glad Sullivan is doing better.  I've been thinking a lot about him and you.  It's really amazing to me all they can do with medicine/technology/surgery nowadays.  He looks like a happy, healthy baby.  I hope the next surgery will make him even better.

Sure, I'll swap links!  Hugs to you!!!

Penn Valley, CA

Thanks, everyone.  Jane, I pm'd you about Skype. 

The technology is amazing.  The shunt will go to the side of his eye towards the back.  It can stay in forever.  25 years ago, Sullivan would probably have been blind from this.

He'll probably need glasses later due to nearsightedness.  (Remember that cute little boy in Jerry McGuire?)  Tracy got him a pair of sunglasses (Baby Bans) as the eyedrops make his eyes sensitive to the sun.  He looks so coooooool in them and doesn't mind wearing them.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Oh yeah, I'm a proud Nana.
1b_sullivan2.jpg1c_sullivan_Custom.jpg1e_sullivan_WinCE2.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

PRECIOUS little boy, Patty!  I hope his eyes will be 100% after the next procedure . . . he certainly deserves as much success as the medical community can give him.  Hugs for you all.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

What precious pictures, Patty. It's truly amazing what can be done. He'll be adorable in glasses and that's such an easy accommodation to make. So lucky you got right on it when your daughter told you about his symptoms.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I have been wondering how Sullivan was doing. Glad to hear all is going well and hope the next surgery will be his last with good results. He is a beautiful looking baby and at 5 mos is a big boy already- they grow up so fast!!!!
Hugs
Gail

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Patty,
    What a little doll!  I certainly hope the shunt does the trick and Sullivan can lead a normal life.  He deserves it.  He's absolutely adorable.
Our 4 year old grandson had surgery for ear tubes last Tuesday and he came through fine but it's such a worry. 

hugs,

Brenda

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

He is a gorgeous happy little boy Patty and I hope all goes well for him.
Laurie :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Patty,
     I'd love to swap links with you - mine is www.duffyantiques.blogspot.com.  I'll put yours up right away.

hugs,

Brenda

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

What a darling sweet grandson you have Patty, I am so happy to hear he is doing well despite what he has gone through bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Patty,
Sullivan is too cute! What a gorgeous happy boy (don'tcha love it when they hold their toes like that on the changing table...hey look what I can do!!)  We'll keep him in our prayers, so glad he's doing much better.

I'm adding you to my blog links bear_flower

:hug:
~Chrissi

Penn Valley, CA

Thanks everyone.  Chrissi, I put you on my blog. . . thanks !

Board footer