Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I have the option of upgrading my cellphone early and getting a new Blackberry smartphone.   I've never been happy with my current phone and I don't use any of the music features that came with it so changing to something that would allow me the option of messaging or emailing might suit me a little better.

Does anyone have any experience with the Blackberry Pearl smartphone?   I have until the end of May to decide.

Hugs,

K Pawz Guest

I have the black berry world edition and I would be lost without it!!! I just love it! being able to send and recieve email as I get them, and also keep track of my auctions when I am on the go is great! another great feature is I can sit and work away from the computer but still know if I have email I need to action, and I have found I am way more productive instead of spending the day on the computer

hugs
Krista

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I was only just asking my sister about this last night!!  On the show the Gilmore Girls, Rory uses one and I didn't know what it was  bear_whistle  lol  it sounds great!!!!  I want one too  bear_happy

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

If I lived in the US I would have an iphone  :crackup:  :crackup: .  In Canada the service plans are just so expensive for a blackberry and I can't even imagine how expensive it is going to be for the iphone whenever rogers decides they have made everyone wait long enough.   Steve's sister works for Research In Motion (makers of the Blackberry) here in Waterloo she gets all the latest Blackberry's when they come out, they are a great product but I'd still go with an iphone.

Being in the US your service packages are soooooooo much cheaper than ours, do remember though that they have nicknamed the Blackberry the "Crackberry" as it is so addictive that you are never really unplugged and everyone I see seems to always be on their "Crackberry" as they can't put them down. 

I'd check out the iphone  most people rave about it and it's really giving the blackberry a run for it's money, plus you get free wifi with the iphone in certain locations in the US.  I'd compare the two price wise and feature wise and see which one is more to your liking but I know with the Iphone you have to go with AT&T I think for your service provider.  I find the keys on the Blackberry to be small , where the iphone has no physical buttons it is all touch screen.

Just my two cents worth

big hugs

Shane

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

an iphone? where have I been? what's that? guess I'll go ask Google! I'm in need of an upgrade too but have an issue with that "always plugged in" feeling.

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

I don't have a blackberryy I have a Palm Treo .....same thing different brand. I just upgraded my Treo and looked at them all again and after looking at the new "smart phones" and these I still chose this type. Having the full keyboard for email etc is great. I also downloaded to mine a program for drawing so if I have a really great idea I can sketch on the go. Notes..like a stick it can be downloaded as well.........I'd be lost without that........alarms are easy to set and mines sync with outlook so I can sit at the computer and do my diary and then sync and have all the dates and contacts in full. PLus I have also downloaded full e-books and read them on the thing as well.

Yes I'm addicted to my phone.......I feel naked if I leave home without it.

bearhugs

K Pawz Guest

Shane here in Canada Telus has come out with a brand new plan for smart phones, I managed to snag a $15.00 a month unlimited data plan with a $30.00 phone plan, so for $45.00 a month, I have my phone access which I rarely use and unlimited data which I use all the time, yes I have a crack berry since the silly thing is always attached to my butt!!! but like I said it is so worth it since I am not on the computer all the time now and getting three times the work the done.

I also love the full keyboard on my black berry world edition!

Hugs,
krista

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

i have a palm tx and i love it! same reasons as sandra..syncs with outlook..can have my keyboard..but i cant read on the thing! i just use the available wifi when i travel..same as the laptop. but much less weight! deb

Waterloo, Ontario

I'll have to look into that one Krista, but our service charges for cell phones are still so out of this world. 

Daphne, you don't know what an iphone is??   :crackup:  :crackup:   It's simply one of the coolest phones ever made mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  But we can't get them in Canada yet as the only company that will be carrying it has been fighting with Apple on the fee's they should charge for them.  Rogers will want to charge an arm and a leg and Apple will want it to be reasonable,  supposedly sometime this yr they will release them here.

big hugs

Shane

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Yes, Iphones are reeeeeeeeeeeally cool.  My daughter's boyfriend has one and I've played with it several times...BUT I don't or want all it has to offer...really...seriously.  I don't want to be addicted to my phone.  I simply want to be able to use the phone and be able to either text or email with my kids...they seem to think I'm out of touch with the texting thing which I cannot do...I just can't simple as that.  I like the QWERTY keyboard on the Blackberry and since I can get it fairly reasonable as an upgrade with my current service which I'd like to keep for the same reasons above (KIDS) I was just curious.  I'm not addicted to my phone.  I don't carry it around with me.  It's either in my purse when I'm out or on the counter when I'm not...if I hear it whooo hoo...if not I'll call back....kinda the same as my house phone.   :crackup:   I'm a fuddy-duddy!!!

My oldest has a LG Venus with Verizon....way cool also.  He upgraded after some girl stole his old one, an LG Envy, and threw it in the toilet at a bar...nice huh?  Yes, I'm old enough to have kids who can go to bars...don't remind me. 

Hugs,
Shantell

Waterloo, Ontario

Well Shantell I suggest looking around , some cell phones now have the flip out key board that is great for texting.  I mean the blackberry is super cool but it may be overkill for what you want and a lot of phone for just texting and cell phone calls.   There are other phones like the sidekick that have a full keyboard that are pretty cool, I don't text very well either, Steve can do it really fast but I prefer a full keyboard to text with  :crackup:  :crackup: ,  maybe you should get a chain for your son's phone so he can't drop it in toilets anymore  :crackup:  :crackup: .

Good luck with whatever you decide but do let us know what you get.

big hugs

Shane

Board footer