Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Hi all!
Today in my email I got a email from Paypal saying that they had received my payment to ELuxury.
I thought my hubby may have bought something, so I took a look.

It looked IDENTICAL to the real Paypal receipts, and it said I had sent almost $300 to E Luxury INC. bear_shocked Of course the catch was there was a nice link at the bottom to dispute those charges... But when you hover over the link, it shows that it doesn't go to PayPal.

Be very careful. I just went directly to my paypal account to see what was going on, and there was nothing there. If you don't know the person in the email, be wary of clicking on any links. I get these things in the name of eBay all the time, but this is the first form Paypal.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

WOW! thanks for the warning!

ellen ontario, canada

thanx Kirsten!
yowzaaaa!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks Kirsten.

I recieved two emails recently from paypal stating they had added an email address to my account.  Red flag warning!!! I never added an email.  I knew it was spam...I mean "spoof"  (we need to stop picking on delicious spam). 

The best action to take is NEVER reply to these emails.  If there is an issue that needs your attention it will be on paypal when you log in the normal way you always do and NOT through any email links.  Shame on the internet scum who have nothing better to do than try and rip people off.  I hope thay all get crotch crabs bear_angry

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Judi wrote:

(we need to stop picking on delicious spam). 
I hope thay all get crotch crabs :mad:

LMAO ROFL !!!  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

OH JUDI DEAR, YOU CRACK ME UP :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Maybe they do have "crotch crabs" and that is why they need the $300 from Kirsten so they can have them surgically removed LMAO

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I LOVE SPAM.   I would eat it anywhere, prepared any way....I would eat it in a house..I would eat it with a mouse.......... I would eat it on a train, on a boat , or in the rain.....(ya follow?)

I saw a button in London that I will never forget.  I wish I had bought it.  It read :

"I'm Pink, Therefore I'm Spam!"

bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

You are in a silly mood Judi :)

This is an interesting thread... we go from paypal scams, to Spam to crabs! LMAO

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

spampic.jpgJudi - this is for you...

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

LOL  Judi !  Crotch crabs.....how horrible a condition!

SPAM...yuck ! Mostly pig whatevers mixed with fat and salt...yuck ! There is a small town near us called Shady Cove , it has a Spam festival every year.
I just had to go one year to believe it...yup, they even had Spam BBQ , Spam and kraute . The parade was so small it consisted mainly of cars decorated as floats...little town of Mayburry stuff.  Parade lasted maybe 15 -20 min. ....Winney

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

mmmm, Judi are you sure you are not from the south? <teehee> My Texan hubbys favorite is spam and scrambled eggs with hot sauce  bear_grin It's really not too bad.  bear_thumb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Back to something Kirsten mentioned...... HOVER OVER THE LINK IN THE EMAIL! This is great advice!!!!! DON'T CLICK on it! Just hover and see what the address is that it would take you too. It'll likely show up in the internet explorer bar at the very bottom of your screen. If there is any doubt in my mind this is the first thing I do. Then I close the email and go to my PayPal, eBay or whatever account and check things out for myself.

As for spam..... my mom was the spam recipe queen when I was a kid! I'll never eat spam again!  bear_tongue

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

PS. As I sat here typing my last post I got a notice from 'PayPal' saying they had suspended my account due to fraud....blah...blah and that I was to click on the link, confirm my identity, etc. The link, I hovered over and the little box came up with the web address: http://payroll.0catch.com/index.htm  See, not Paypal! So, that email got deleted.

So, now is this guy eveasdropping on my posts to teddy talk??? If so.... "Get A Life, Dude!"

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

That happen to me to day a email from pay pal saying that pay pal has closed my acc because a third party had got in and to click the link to up date ,well the third party had got in to my ebay acc and clocked up $400 but thats been fixts and how there trying me again with pal pal ,i might be a dummy ounce but not twice

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I have often had spoof mail from both eBay and PayPal - i just send it on the whatever site is relevant and forget about it - i never reply to any email that says my account is gonna be suspended etc etc.

Has ANY company that wants your money and trade closed your account?? Nah i don't think so. Ignore the emails, just pass them on to either eBay or PayPal.

Penny  bear_tongue

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

"I'm Pink, Therefore I'm Spam!"

bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh Great one, Judi!  bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh

Eileen

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

I've had the ones before that said there's someone using my account, or they are going to ssuspend it, but this just looked like a regular old receipt of payment. Really looked like hubby bouight something. They are getting so sneaky.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I think Criminal minds are often very clever people actually, to be able to be quite beliveable...like I said before...I hop[e they all get CC's.

THNAKS for ther SPAM picture Kimmy!!! LOL  That is GREAT! bear_wub bear_laugh bear_laugh

Did you know that there is a Spam sculpting conterst every year...I wacthed a whole program on the History channel about Spam.  Quite interesting really.

On the original note...Like Peeny said..I would just ignore the emails.  They can't do anything but try to intimidate us.

Board footer