Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

Ok so does anyone know anything about sergers?  I was given a Singer merrittlock 14U44 serger from my mother-in-law. It's a normal small 4 spool serger. I kind of know what a serger does but don't really know what I bear maker can do with it.  I don't have the manual so that's a pain.  I threaded it following the diagram inside the machine & it started to work fine but then one needle, the right one slipped off & I can't figure out how to get the darn thing back on bear_original not at all like a sewing machine.  Any help would be great!

Sammybeardog Hobart Bears
Ferndale, Michigan

You could go to Singer's website and get a manual for the serger.  I think you can download them or purchase one outright, don't think they cost a lot.  If your going to use it a lot it would be nice to have one.  I miss placed my manual for my sewing machine and found it right before I purchased a replacement, I think they would have charged me 10.00 or 15.00.  But I really needed it.

Good Luck

Karen

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

If you make clothes for your bears then you will find it useful for doing hems and rolled edges. I would not use it for sewing up bears. The needle should go in just like a sewing machine needle- look for a tiny screw that you may have to loosen in order to get the needle up into the channel then tighten the screw again
Hugs
Gail

Alexis Lexsomnia Bears

I agree with Gail! I wouldnt use it to make bears but it would be nice to use to make doll/bear clothing. I use my serger to make cloth diapers for my son. It makes it SO easy because it cuts and finishes the fabric for you at the same time. Good luck!

Board footer