Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Well, I've finally finished a bear, my first in probably a year.  bear_rolleyes   This is Mr. Tweedles. I was experimenting with body looks and made this 3-way jointed bear. The legs are not jointed so he is in a permanent sitting position. I'm thinking of putting him on EBay but I'm wondering if the 3-way jointed thing would be a problem for collectors. What do you all think? Here is his picture,he's made out of a tweed wool,hence the name Mr. Tweedles bear_grin

MrTweedles008.jpg

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi Shari!  How nice to see you again.  How have you been and what have you been up to? :hug:

I think your bear is darling and that is what matters most to collectors.  One joint, two joints, three joints....heck ten joints......  As long as your bear "speaks" to a collector he will find a home. I am sure this bear will be adopted.

Nice to see you. :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow - he speaks to me loud and clear - he's adorable!  It wouldn't be a problem for me at all.  I bet you  get tons of bids on this little fellow!  It's really nice to see you back - you've been missed.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

What a cutiepie!!!  bear_wub So glad to see you making bears! bear_thumb

I had a similar but different concern recently... though mine was about omitting the neck joint. And my finished bear was no where near as cute! But you might find some of the responses helpful... or not... but I thought I'd share the link: http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=23486

:hug:

Alexis Lexsomnia Bears

Oh my! I don't think you will have a problem finding a home for him at all! He is stunning! Those sad eyes are utterly adorable! What a sweet pea!  bear_wub

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

He's great Shari!!! How was teaching this year? It does make it difficult to find time for bears!!!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks for the nice welcome back.  :hug: I've been busy teaching grade Primary all year and my term was up just recently. Even though the regular teacher is back from maternity leave,I'm still very involved with the class. I just applied for full time teaching positions and should have interviews next week. bear_whistle Just the thought of it makes my belly do flip flops and I really need to work full time now more than ever.
Tami, I had a wonderful year with the little ones, how about you?
Thanks Daphne for the link, Honey is adorable and I wouldn't mind the missing next joint especially since it looks like it is jointed. That's my worry with Tweedles, his legs look unjointed so I'm not sure how he will be received.
I think I'll put him on Ebay tonight and see what happens. Thanks girls! :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Hey Shari!!!  so good to see you here  :hug:  :hug: Mr Tweedles is so cute, no matter the joints, I think that face definitely speaks volumes of "awwww"  bear_innocent  bear_innocent  great to see you back at it  :hug:

puca bears puca bears

Shari - with a bear that GORGEOUS - he'll sell for sure!!!!!!!!!!
huggies
Maria

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Mr. Tweedles is darling!!!  I think that face will be the selling factor.....not that he's not fully jointed.  I just finished three simple and completely non-jointed bears and they all sold quick as a wink.  So girlie, no worries!! 

Mr. Tweedles would look awfully sweet with a broken toy in his lap and propped up against some old books!!  Welcome back to bearsmithing!!
bear_original  bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Brilliant!!!! I love him, that face melts you.  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Shari it is so good to see you back posting... Your Mr Tweedles surely will sell he is a darling bear how could anyone resist that face.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Mr Tweedles is gorgeous  bear_wub  and I think the pose is all part of his appeal.  It is lovely to see one of your bears again - they always have the most expressive faces.

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Mr Tweedles would sell if he had 3 joints or 33 joints. Just adorable!!

Regards

Lisa

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Precious!  The number of joints (more or less) is never something I consider when buying a bear.  A great face and soulful eyes usually pulls me in.  And he's got BOTH!

P.S.  Welcome back...

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks everyone for your kind words and warm welcome back. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_grin Mr. Tweedles is on Ebay now, wish me luck!!

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

He's adorable  bear_wub ....after all bears just sit don't they...they never really want to stand!  bear_rolleyes so Mr Tweedles is perfect and will be snapped up  bear_thumb
Lynne  :hug:

Board footer