Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

We've had our house on the market for less than 3 months.  Friday, we got a good offer and SOLD ! ! !   Yay ! ! !  And, the buyer is paying cash, so no worries about the buyers having loan problems.  Many homes in our community are sitting on the market for over a year.  We've been praying like crazy for a buyer and the icing on the cake was that we got very close to our asking price. 

The buyer has asked for a 30 day escrow which means that as of today, we have 27 days to find a home to buy, pack and move out.  Even then, we'll have a 30 to 45 (or even 60) day escrow.  So, we'll have to put our belongings in storage and stay in my parents' 500 sq foot apartment over their barn until we can move into a new home (wherever that might be).

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Patty a huge congrats, I hope everything goes really well for you, it must have been the good bear vibes, or maybe you just have a really nice home bear_wub

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

Congratulations Patty  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Hope you find a new home you like soon  bear_original

Hugs
Janice

Penn Valley, CA

Thanks Sue and Janice. 

We actually found a home we like.  It has 5 acres, a meadow, weeping willow trees (my favorite) a little vinyard, a huge green lawn and fruit trees.  It has a detached 400 sq ft office that would make a perfect studio for me and a 700 sq ft office next to the garage.  I told the hubster he could make it a "man room" with his big TV, a fridge full of beer and a recliner chair (man heaven, right?).  He really liked that idea.  So . . . we'll see.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

What a relief Patty, I hope you find something you like just as quickly

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

Sounds GORGEOUS Patty  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

All that open space surrounding you and a wonderful workspace for you..........you lucky girl  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

Hugs
Janice

Dilu Posts: 8,574

oh that is wonderful news.  Especially in todays market!

Great big Gollyhappyhugs

dil

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Patty that is just wonderful!!!!!! :dance:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

great news...
don't know about there but in our area if a house sells quickly and for cash they most likely are going to turn it into a grow op! 
several years ago my sister was selling and she got an offer where they even wanted her to leave all her furniture behind! They didn't want people to realize there were new owners - she didn't sell to them.   :crackup:
Marion

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

That's great news Patty!!!  Congrats!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow - lucky, lucky you!  Wonderful news and I hope you will be able to buy the home you like.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

No!   BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that your house sold!  Because this means you're leaving the vicinity around the Nevada City show. :(

Of course, I'm happy for you because I know it's what you wanted, but not-so-secretly and entirely selfishly, I really wish you were staying in or near Cali.  It's a long drive to here, from the midwest... and I missed you once already this year when you weren't there.

But, okay, yes... congratulations.  Sorta.  (lol)  bear_tongue

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Patty, I didn't know you were wanting to sell your home. I was going to ask if you were moving in the same area, but Shelli's post tells me you're moving far away. The home you like sounds wonderful...but I'd give Allyn the 400 sq.ft. and I'd take the 700 sq.ft.

I'm very happy for you and especially that you sold quickly. There are so many foreclosures in the desert, it's scary. Good luck with the move.

Penn Valley, CA

We aren't moving far away.  We were going to move to Tennessee but we changed our mind.  I always thought I'd get my younger daughter to go with us, but since she started dating a new guy, and it looks a little serious, I'm convinced she won't be going with us.  I can't leave her behind.  So, we're staying in this area. 

We decided not to buy the house with the beautiful grounds  bear_sad  because I don't want to put up with remodeling and building (been there, done that).  So, we're on the search for something else.  Wish us luck on that one.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Swan Valley Bears wrote:

We were going to move to Tennessee but we changed our mind.

Oh goodie!! (greedy little claps)  bear_original bear_original bear_original

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I had the same reaction as Shelli when Patty told me at the show on Sat. that the house had sold.  I was happy for her, but not happy that I wouldn't get to see her.  I was very happy for her when she told me that she was staying in the area.  I get to keep seeing her and her great bears at the shows, yes!!!
Get out there and beat the bushes for another house!
Bear Hugs,
Donna

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

WHEW!!!  I'm glad you aren't going to Tennessee!!  I just was getting to know you at Larry Herman's show!  By the way....I LOVE my bear!  Just adorable!  Good luck finding a house you'll just love!  Bear hugs, Susie

Penn Valley, CA

We were on the prowl for a home today.  I'll keep you posted.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

That is great news Patty. I guess you will a busy beaver for the next month....

Penn Valley, CA

We found a home, made an offer and will enter escrow tomorrow.  Yeaaaaaaaaay.  We'll be able to have a quick escrow so that we can move from one house to the other and not have to put our belongings in storage.   The first house we liked was tiny house, big property (5 acres).  This one is big house, small property and in Yuba City, CA where it gets reeeeaaaaalllly hot in the summer.  Fortunately this house has a pool to help tolerate the heat.  So for now, I must get packing.

Hope to see you at the shows, Susie.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Board footer