Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Would you buy a "bear" that was so strange/wacky/weird like that didn't exactly look like a bear but had all the cuteness and look of a bear? If that makes sense...
Like a "bear" in strange colours, out of proportion, over sized eyes but still cute?
Because I've had an idea but don't know whether I should try it.

AussieFelts AussieFelts
South Australia

I'd love to see the idea you've come up with if you decide to make it. bear_original  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say...I think un-traditional cute is attractive to a lot of people.

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

Go for it!  The best that can happen is you get something wonderful...the worst that can happen is you learn something from the experience.

Be sure to show us!!

/bearhugs,

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Ok I'll give it a go!  bear_original  It may take awhile for the final product though.
I'm in grade 12 now and its been a bit of a struggle to find time but I'm getting there!

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I, for one, like strange/wacky/weird...........can't wait to see what you come up with!
pandamac

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

yep..i like different but my partner only likes to buy weird strange bears..make it and lets have a look!!
Kerrilyn

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Can't wait to see the finished product.
Strange is good!
actually...
Strange is great!!!
Laura bear_flower

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Oh good good!  bear_tongue The prototype is underway now! Good way to relax after a gruelling english essay under exam conditions today

UPDATE: I can't believe it! I got the head the way I want it in about half an hour, second go! I didn't get annoyed and kept working at it.  bear_thumb

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Wacky is good.  Can't wait to see your crazy/wacky creation.

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

DESIGNING UPDATE:

I've been through the stage of going "oh thats disgusting..." then I would add a bit more "OH I LIKE IT!" add more "wait...no I don't"....."Thats ok!"
He should be finished by the weekend!  :dance:

janine200 Foxtail Creek Studio

Are ya done yet? Huh? Maybe? I wanna SEEEEEE   bear_grin

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Oh yes, I want to see too! I like strange and unusual.
Beth

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

I just noticed this thread; I'm all excited to see your bear too!  Nothing wrong with 'strange'... everyone has different tastes!!! In a way, ALL of our bears are 'strange', whether they are not traditional colors, anime style, big feet, etc.... Let's see that bear! :)

Kimberly W.

anuchka Angel Devil
New York, NY
Website

Strange is great! Can't wait to see it (of course, I'm all for non-traditional everything).

staticbear76 Posts: 222

i cant wait to see this staticool bear hope he has big bear feet that has wrinkly soles i love big feet i just cant wait to see this bear

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

As the others have said, can't wait to see what you come up with.  Strange usually comes out really neat.

Eva

sandlalouer Luxembourg

Can't wait to see this little guy!!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Not to put any pressure on you, but Is he done yet? Is he done yet? Is he done yet? Is he done yet?

I hope your English exam went well!

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Me too!! Love bears that are different!!
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

simba.jpg
One of my favorite bears is what some people might call weird, but to me it's one of the pieces I could never part with it's a bear named Simba by Wendy Brent here's a picture of mine.   
I Can't wait to see what you're making I'm curious. 

Bobby

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Cool Bear Bobby,

I love the freaky & strange! So I say go for it!
TTFN Amy

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

bear_grin Well he is done but I won't be able to take any photos until after I come back from holidays bear_tongue I'm awful!
I'm going skiing for the first time! I'm very excited and was a little worried the weekend just past as there was absolutely NO SNOW. I was having a panic attack but for the past two days its been bucketing down! I'm a bit nervous too. I'm not allowed to break anything as I've got the national indoor archery championships two week after I come back bear_tongue Back to the bear, I'm rather happy with him but I think I would like to make a bigger version with alot more detail. I'll post photos as soon as I can!  :hug:

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

You'll love it. Skiing is great fun.

I'd recommend that you wear a helmet just in case you fall. The soft snow is nice, but it hurts when you bang you head on the compacted snow.

We went to France in March and on a couple of days it snowed, so we had lots of powder. Rob decided to go off piste, his skis got stuck in the deep snow and he landed face down a few feet in front of his skis, it was hilarious.  :crackup:

I can't wait to see your bear.

Hugs,
Kat

staticbear76 Posts: 222

oh i hope he has big wrinkly bear feet i cnat wait to see him

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

Looking forward to your new creation.  Maybe you'll be the next "Picasso" of teddy bears. Wish I was young enough to write exams, or even go skiing.  I'd break something for sure.
Gail g

Board footer