Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Well.... there was I, on the point of dumping my Sassy Fabrics longpiles on Ebay out of sheer frustration, when I got the urge for ONE MORE TRY! bear_grin   Yes, I KNOW it's great fur, and everyone else seems to be able to make lovely bears out of it - but I have only ever been used to working with mohair or vintage plush, and my first bear in the Sassy fur was just awful - so bad that I thought it just wasn't for me....so it just goes to show what sheer stubborness and a refusal to give in can do, because I finally found a way to make successful bears out of this stuff - and now I'm as hooked as the rest of you bear_grin !!

I used one of my vintage -style patterns to make a five-inch bear and gave gave him one of my sculpted noses, which really took the face to a new level.  I loose-jointed him and weighted him with copper shot.

brownbear1a.jpg[/img]

brownbear2a.jpg
brownbear3a.jpg

I was so pleased with the way he turned out that then I really 'went for it' and made a four inch bear with one of my new direct sculpted muzzles:
rosebrownbear2.jpg
rosebrownbear1a.jpg
rosebrownbear3a.jpg

These two little guys will be going to Abracadabra Teddies in Saffron Walden next weekend for a special shop signing.  I hope you like them,
Tiny hugs,
Christine

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Wow Christine you have really out done yourself with them both, thay are really stunning  bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:  I really hope you make more and well done you for not giving up  :clap: .

Hugs  :hug:
Vicki

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Love them - you did a super great job!  Keep 'em coming!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Wow and they are so you, you just know they are Christine Pike bears on sight, YUMMY bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Norfolk, UK
Website

Wow, thanks Sue - that's the nicest compliment!! :hug:
Chrisx

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

Hi Chrisitne ,
I struggled too when I first used the Sassy and it took a few attempts to get something I was happy with .These two are wonderful ,I particularly like the first one ,
hugs,
Louise x

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Ooooh gorgeous, I like both but the second one with the sculpted muzzle is awesome.  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Welcome to the.....coven!  :crackup: You are now and truly bewitched! :dance:

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

WOW Christine they are great. I do stuggle with Sassy's too as I only normally use mohair. But working with it after a couple of bears I am hooked to. I am bored with my designs at the moment and doing alot of experimenting. EG Clay. But I am majoring in glass at art school and I what to experiment with bits of glass in my bears. Moulded or blown glass. Can't wait to work that out. It will be a year in trying. But good luck. They are great

Norfolk, UK
Website
wazzabears wrote:

I am bored with my designs at the moment and doing alot of experimenting. EG Clay. But I am majoring in glass at art school and I what to experiment with bits of glass in my bears. Moulded or blown glass. Can't wait to work that out. It will be a year in trying. But good luck. They are great

Thanks, Peta -
Your ideas sound intriguing!!  Can't wait to see what you come up with! 

And Amanda - yup, it does feel like I have been sucked into something 'almost' against my will.  Does Stephanie put a spell on those fabrics, do you think?? bear_grin

Hugs - and thanks guys, for your support and encouragement!
Chrisx

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Wow Christine
They are absolutely wonderful.
My favorite is that lovely little guy on the first pic.
bear_thumb

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

I can't wait either  bear_original
It will take a year to work it out as I am only in my first year at art school. I am doing kiln forming and mold making next semester so I will be experimenting with that and I start glass blowing next year and I can not wait to experiment with that either. So it will be interesting what comes out of my ideas

am_bears AM BEARS
Derbyshire

Really like the little bear in the first pic, he's got a super nose, well done for not giving up! bear_thumb

Norfolk, UK
Website

Thanks guys!
I have now completed a clown... and run out of fabric!  What a shame - looks like i shall have to order some more! bear_grin
Tiny hugs,
Christinex

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

W>O>W.!!!! very impressive.
Looks like you should purchase more fabric!!!!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally am in love with these two fellas. My goodness you have been successful!!!!
Wendy :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Norfolk, UK
Website

Awww, thanks guys!! :hug:

I REALLY hope they find new homes at the signing on Saturday - only two days to go and I am getting nervous!!!!
Hugs,
Chrisx

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

They are absolutely stunning!!!!  Love them both!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

:clap: wow chris! that was a nice classic bear using sassy's fabric... can i know which one?  :redface: and what color? hehehe I have just made a classic pattern myself the other day and using distressed mohair, but im thinking of coming with something like that look.... i love it! bear_wub

your nose... how did you get it to look so clean finish with no tiny hairs sticking out and all? Did you trim the nose part before sewing the nose? im sorry, im used to trimming the hair before sewing, but with the fabric so short, u get to wonder how u going to do that?! bear_wacko It seems you have waxed it also... it greatly done... gosh, i wish i have that bear....

please do show us pictures of the signing? it seems so interesting.... designing patterns does get addictive! gosh....  bear_grin

Norfolk, UK
Website

Hi Mingrul,
If the nose looks so 'perfect' it is because I made one of my special sculpted noses - no problems with hairs poking through that way! bear_grin   I am glad you think it looks like a stitched and waxed nose - that's the impression I wanted to give.

I used the chocolate brown Sassy long pile - I love the darker backing, which gives subtle shading when you trim back the fur. 
sassypair.gif
As you can see, I have just finished another bear from the same pattern - I created the clown in smoky pink long pile.  Both of these bears will be at the signing tomorrow.
Hugs,
Chris

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Wow they will be snapped up double quick  bear_thumb they're fab Chris!  bear_thumb ....you are hooked on the Sassy if you're ordering more....hee hee....think I'll go take a look too....I feel a Sassy moment coming on!  bear_rolleyes
Lynne  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Does Stephanie put a spell on those fabrics, do you think?? bear_grin

YES!!! I reckon she does.  :crackup: I'm also HOOKED.

I just love the SASSY bear_wub

Wendy bear_thumb

Norfolk, UK
Website

Lyn - you were right!!! 
My little guys found a new home really fast - and they both went together, which makes me very happy! :dance:

I will post more about the signing tomorrow, when I have downloaded my pictures.
Hugs,
Chrisx

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Christine your teddy bears are adorable!! I love the muzzle on the second one.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

SmileyRiley Stockport

Superb, Christine!
You mentioned to me that you were going to do it...and you did.
Now...does anyone have "anti-procrastination" pills for me?.... bear_rolleyes
Hugs
Anji in Stockport

Board footer