Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

rosebrownbear2.jpgrosebrownbear1a.jpgHi guys,
I have just finished another little chap in the Sassy longpile.  This one is only four inches high and has one of my new direct sculpted muzzles - which was very tricky to get right on such a little bear!

Anyway, I hope you like him - he will be going to the Abracadabra signing next Saturday, along with his slightly bigger friend in my last post.
Hugs,
Chrisx

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

wow, whatta cutie! and thanks for posting him, Christine.  I've been eyeing those sassy fabrics for awhile, esp the longpile, but needed to see a finished bear to get the scale.  coolbeans!  I'm off to buy some sassy for myself.  I've been wanting to try 4" or under for a long time.

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Hi Kelly,
It's great stuff - but it requires a lighter touch than mohair (as I learned to my cost!!).  My first bear - I mashed the pile so badly the poor thing looked like it had been through a mangle! bear_grin   Maybe it was just me...!!!
Anyway, I can now see why people rave over it - you can get the most lovely subtle shading effects just with a little careful trimming, and it makes up like a dream.  I will be very interested to see what you make with it!!

Now I'm off to have another drool at her website and order up some more colours!!
Hugs,
Chrisx

ps - Got your photos, article all done and dusted - Thank you SO much!!

Board footer