Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

oh poor pus ilove to see long hairs having a bath they go down about trhee sizes, iwish i could  :redface: here is my friend vera,s puppy13add223.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Cute, cute pup!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

SHELLI - Peanut is adorable!!! I won't ask what made you take him in the shower with you!  :doh: What a sweetie pie. I have a friend.....6' 4" tall manly man, gorgeous guy, totally awesome muscular bod... getting the picture... and he has 2 daschunds.... Peanut Butter (aka Peanut) and Jelly! Peanut sleeps under the covers at his feet and Jelly on his pillow. To see him bend waaaaaaay down and those huge hands pick up these little guys is just hysterical. Not all people look like their dogs!

OK, off my tangent. Peanut really is a cutie pie. So many new dogs here. It's great!!!

Hugs to you and Peanut from Me, Tucker & Riley (who is growing up way too fast!)

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aw, Daphne, thanks... but the sad news is that PEANUT is going back to his breeder this afternoon.  He's a darling, wonderful dog, who's doing beautifully with his crate training (hasn't soiled his crate even ONCE in almost a week's time).  But I brought him home in the hopes he could be a warm, fuzzy positive in the midst of some cold, stark recent months for me and my sons ... but he's proved a very feisty, demanding, attention-seeking-and-requiring little puppy -- even more so than most (and I know, as I've housebroken and raised a few in my time) -- and he's increasing the stress level in my home to new and alarming, adrenaline-surging heights, which comes at a very bad time for my family, already under enormous stress of late.  So PEANUT's breeder mommy, who is local, is taking him back in with a cheerful demeanor and lots of understanding.  I hope you all can be as supportive! 

I figure that, in a way, dogs are like husband.  If there's a good fit (dog to person, dog to circumstances), you've got a happy partner for life, and everyone is at peace.  But if it's not a good fit ... well, that's a very long, difficult, strained road for EVERYONE to tow.  I feel good about placing PEANUT back in his original safe and loving home, but a little guilty, too.  And a lot ... failed, at this good-hearted attempt. <sigh> Oh, well.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I had to take a jack russell back about 5 years ago... was the hardest thing i have ever had to do....

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

image009.jpgimage007.jpgimage008.jpgKeep then coming

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shelli,

Boy, you have no idea how much I understand and respect your decision. You are doing what is best for everyone, including Peanut!

That's why teddy bears are so great... they don't make messes (once complete) and don't talk back. They are comforting and offer unconditional love.

I'm sorry things didn't work out as you'd hoped. Perhaps the nurturing and love you'd be giving to that furry little guy is all the more love and nurturing to give eachother? A big hug to you and your boys.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Shelli - I am really sorry to hear about Peanut.  I don't think they are the easiest of breeds, very intelligant - which isn't always a great thing!

I don't know what's happening with you at the moment, but chin up, and I hope it sorts itself out - we're all thinking of you!
Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Certainly we understand, Shelli.  You are absolutely right to take Peanut back.  Maybe a puppy isn't what you need, but an adult dog.  I can't praise our little Toby enough as far as being a laid back, cuddly, adorable, easy to live with doggy.  If we weren't so far from each other, I'd certainly share him with you.  This is my first experience with the Lhasa Apso breed, but if they are all like Toby, then I can highly recommend an adult Lhasa to you.  Sending big hugs your way.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

image010.jpgJust about out of photos

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

DSCF2337.jpgShelli, I'm with you. I had to give up little kitten couple years ago. But life is going one I'm sure you'll have another cuttest puppy.  bear_wub :hug:

We went in a restaurant. Wild meat is serves there (bears also) bear_cry bear_cry :o
here's the picture

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Woww what a bear  bear_tongue bear_tongue

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

this is paddy one of the boaters he only has one eye but is the happyest little chap you coud ever meet paddyinmac002.jpg

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Ah Shel, I'm so sorry to hear about lil Peanut.  You've had such a rough few months and I truly hope that things for you begin to brighten in your life.  We all love you...

:love:

Shantell

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Here was our cat, Merlin. This was a charming cat, not strange at all.
But we could observe strange phenomena through our camera...

On this photo, he was so hot... the Summer was very hot: about 35°C...:

merlinatropchaudbis7dq.jpg

On these photos, his has magic eyes! Well, at l"east, I did not name him Merlin for nothing!!!

merlinyeuxjaunes2bis1oq.jpg

merlinyeuxmagiquesbis1wz.jpg

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

bear_grin :lol:Merlin is sweet i just love cats, bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin never saw a french cat before

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

image016.jpgLast one from me  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA
Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

5293870_240X180.jpg

This green pup was in the news today!

ALHAMBRA, Calif -- The littermates of a Northern California puppy may be green with envy.

That's because a golden retriever born last week is green. The little green fella is one of a litter of four. But his littermates are the usual blond color.

The owner, a dog breeder, says he's mystified about the green color.

Veterinarians said that it's possible for a newborn pup's fur to be green because the placenta, which is green, sometimes rubs off during birth. Whatever the cause, the little green guy now has name -- Wasabi. That's the spicy green mustard put on sushi.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

How lovely to see Daphne thanks

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

This little panda cub is sooo cute - she is a 100 days old and has now been named Su Lin.

She's enough to make me start making a new panda  :lol:

panda_3501.jpg

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

How gorgeous is that and what about poor little paddy thanks girls for all the great pics

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

These pics are so cute and funny!   bear_grin  Thanks for posting them, everyone!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Shelli,

I'm sorry to hear that Peanut didn't work out . . . bummer. But you did the right thing. Puppies can certainly add to the stress. Have you considered maybe adopting an older dog--not ancient, but old enough not to be crazy?

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Eileen,
I hope Shelli considers that.

We're about to give up our two pups. They are stressing my over-stressed-as-it-is husband out too much and I'm sooo tried of being chained to the house becasue of them, cleaning up accidents, dealing with Tucker's mental-retardedness (don't mean to sound hateful!). I'd miss them but our regained sanity and freedom would be so refreshing.

My next thought is to get an older dog..... after a while. I think it's a very good idea. I've had dogs all my life. But the 'right' dog is essential. My folks always ended up getting a 1-2 year old dogs and I now see why. I'll never have another puppy. I swear it this time girls!!!

That Panda is adorable. I have to make a panda by Jan 1 for an artist guild challenge. That picture is inspiring me. Look at those claws!!!

Daphne

Pages:

Board footer