Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

TANGLEFOOT2.jpgTINY.jpgSNOWBELL.jpgTRULY4.jpgMIGUELBODY2.jpgHIMSELF.jpgVANILLA-ICE.jpgBamboozle.jpgOld-Peculiar.jpgbear_angry  We've just noticed that the teeny weeny minis have their very own play den.  bear_angry  We're sulking. bear_angry  Where's the one for us seriously big growlers huh????  bear_shocked After all, we need even more elbow room to 'express' don't we?  :thumbsup:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ( bear_whistle  bear_grin ;))

bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent

In case you're wonderin', we're all well over the height of 25" and pretty fierce! ROAR!!!  bear_grin

Are there any other seriously big guys lurkin' out there?  Join us here!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_cry Omigosh, you're right, Paula  :(

What were we thinking????  :doh:

And what a beautiful brawny bevy of bruins!!  :love:

Eileen

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Paula,  I WANT those bears! bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub  They are so cute!!!  Give them a hugt for me.  Jenn

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
Eileen wrote:

And what a beautiful brawny bevy of bruins!!  :love:

Eileen

What a lovely use of illiteration Eileen!  And Paula.... my little ones are simply shy... they'd love the comforting protection of your biggins!!!!!!  They could curl up in one of your big guys ears, and fall fast asleep! 

Your big guys are SOOOOO wonderful Paula... and I bet that making such brawny cubs requires it's own set of techniques as well!   Didn't you have a show recently?  Or is that still coming up...?  My overly caffinated brain is failing me this morning!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin
Hugs Paula :D.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Love those big guys of yours Paula- they are fun and beautiful and so much easier to cuddle than the itsy bitsy teeny weeny ones.....

hmmmmm

itsy bitsy teeeny weeny

What's the next line you guys?  I just remembered it.....

bear_tongue

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Wow Paula, they are gorgeous!!
I am working on a bear right now that is right around 25". I am making him for me! He is going to sit in a chair that is desperately calling for a bear. Since I usually make much smaller guys, I am going to have to buy some eyes for him and I was wondering what size of eyes you use?

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

You're right Paula.  We need to start a "Big Kahuna" area!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

bear_grin  Paula...but we LOVE your big bears...

will it be the forum for "real bears" not those titchy things that aspire to the teddy bear throne!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Paula I hear ya Darlin! I just love and adore your big and beautiful bears! I have a plan for one that is 29 - 32 inches and can't wait to start it.!

many Hugs Louise

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yellow polka dot bikini.....

can't believe no one played....sigh   :cry:

How much stuffing does it take for a 32 incher Louise?

bear_tongue

Kent
Website

Glad to hear the beefcake bears are still getting made out there in Teddy Bear Land!  Looking forward to seeing their pics when they are up and ready for a spot of roarin'!!  (Maybe we'll have our very own TT den by then ... minis by invitation only - probably when we're feeling peckish!!  bear_happy  :twisted:)

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ooooooh wow, Paula!!  What a wonderful post of gargantuan bears!!!  I've made some of those myself.  It does take a LOT of stuffing and elbow grease to create these guys, but I tend to love the bigger sizes, too!

Deb Upstate New York

I like that cinnamon one in the middle.  My address is ...

Kent
Website
SueAnn wrote:

Ooooooh wow, Paula!!  What a wonderful post of gargantuan bears!!!  I've made some of those myself.  It does take a LOT of stuffing and elbow grease to create these guys, but I tend to love the bigger sizes, too!

Oh goody!!!!  Pics???????  Pretty please!!!!  bear_original

Kent
Website
Deb wrote:

I like that cinnamon one in the middle.  My address is ...

Ah, if only I could, you know I would Deb!!!  :angel:

He was a whopping 32" of hunky bearness called 'Himself'.  I blush to tell you, he won the 'Big Bears undressed' category of the British Bear Artist Awards several years ago.  (Back in days of yore when I still had time enough to enter competitions!! :wacko:)

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Wow, Paula, you make such big loveable bears!!!  I love 'em!  I would like to make a really big bear but I would keep it for myself... That will come in the future....

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
Dilu wrote:

Yellow polka dot bikini.....

can't believe no one played....sigh   :cry:

How much stuffing does it take for a 32 incher Louise?

bear_tongue

oh...I'm sorry Dilu  bear_sad  I remember that song bear_original  Cute  bear_tongue
Hugs sarah

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Paula your big bears are so 'WOW!'.  I would love to cuddle one  :lol:
Hugs Sarah

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hippocrates-Headshot.jpgHickoryHead.jpgHickory.jpgHippocrates.jpgHere are a couple of my biggies . . . Hickory and Hippocrates.  Hickory is the floppy one with loooooong mohair.  He and Hippocrates both have 16mm eyes and large joint discs.  Something like 4" for the arms and 4 3/4" or 4 7/8" for the legs . . . just to give you an idea in case anyone wants to tackle one that big.  Hickory is 31" and Hippocrates is 28".

Densteds Densteds
Website

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THE BIGGUNS!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Most of mine are over 18 inches,  I do a few at 14in....but I love  bear_wub those big cuddly rascals...there's nothing like giving a big ol' bear a huge hug...well! apart from maybe eating a block of chocolate, but that's another story bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Denise.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Sue Ann those big babies are aboslutely lovely! Yah for BIG bears!

many Hugs Louise

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

gorgeous big bears Sue Ann

your discs are the size of my bears  :lol:

would ya believe me if I told you I once made a 32" bear?  He was made in collaboration with my mum - and I made her stuff him!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Melissa said: 

and I made her stuff him!!

LOL good idea Melissa  :clap:

Great bears everyone!  I love big bears also, I can't imagine me ever making one, but I am suprising myself all the time so who knows what the future may bring!

Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Paula and Sue-Ann,
Your big bears are so wonderful !!  :clap:  :love:
I love Paula's last photo bear, cream brown color ? sooooo cute!!  :rose:
and I love Sue-Ann's 2nd photo bear, long pile is lovely !!!
You guys, please don't show off anymore !! because big bears are
so attractive and I really want the big bear for my self.  :hug:

One day....can I join the big bear club ?  :bday: he he
Thanks for sharing your photos.
Marie

Board footer