Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Karon Posts: 751

Hi Linda,

LOVE your bears.

Some time again I was looking at some bear suppliers on the next and one of your patterns came up.

It showed the bear done as a grizzly and polar cub on all fours with double neck joint - and it was SO gorgeous.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate it since - can you help.

Hugs

Karon

PS Will you consider doing a workshop in England!!

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Hi Karon
How long ago did you see the pattern? I've had a couple that would fit your description, one was from Serendipity which is probably no longer available, the other is available through Bear Essence in Melbourne, which is probably the one you saw if it was in the last year or two. As for doing workshops in England, I'd LOVE to, I just need someone to  organise things as I'm not very good at such things. bear_rolleyes  I usually do them through  bears supply stores who put the kits together, so all I have to do is rock up on the day! bear_original Let me know how you get on with the pattern, I'll be at the Hugglets show in London in Sept if you visit be sure to come say Hi bear_original Hugs Linda

teeeej Brisbane

Im not Linda Benson ( bear_tongue ) but I do know a place here in Australia that sells her pattern. Try: www.bearessence.com.au, they have her grizzly cub pattern.

Edit - hehe Linda beat me to it  :crackup:

Dear Linda and Teeej,

Thankyou so much for your response.  Yes indeed it IS the pattern!

SO, SO adorable.  I will contact them for the pattern.

Linda, some time time ago I spoke to the lady who runs Bear Basics a teddy supply store.  She wanted to run bear making courses, perhaps you could contact her with the indea of running a course in conjunction with the time that you are in England to do the Hugglets Fair.

I know Janet Changle used to do this (I went on a couple of her courses - she is a fantastic teacher). 

As you can probably guess - I am an unashamed course-a-holic (and I don't don't to find a cure - ha!)

So glad you are coming to do Hugglets - can't wait to see your beautiful bears in the fur.

Karon

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Hi Karon , Have you got any contact details for Bear Basics? I would need to contact her very soon, as we leave on the 2nd of August.  Where are they as well?  bear_original  bear_original

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Linda, here is the contact details for Bear Basics.

http://www.bearbasics.co.uk

By email: enquiries@bearbasics.co.uk

By telephone: Monday - Friday between 10am and 4pm on  01963 364777 

By mail:
Bear Basics Ltd
Unit 2 Marsh View
Marsh Lane
Henstridge Trading Estate
Henstridge
Somerset
BA8 0TG

I hope this helps. See you at Hugglets.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Thanks Jane I'll get in touch  bear_original I'm starting to feel very welcome at Hugglets so I'm really looking forward to meeting you all  bear_wub

Susan 01 Bear Basics
Henstridge
Website

Hi Everyone,

What an excellent suggestion, so Linda and I have set a date and a two day course is booked for the 6th and 7th September whilst Linda is up visiting the UK. Contact me for more details.

Happy Bear-making,
Susan

Hi Linda and Susan,

What WONDERFUL news - I will be in touch.

Karon

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Hey Karon,
Thanks for giving me that push! bear_original It all happened so quickly over the weekend, don't you just LOVE the internet? I'm looking forward so much to my trip, See you soon  Hugs Linda  bear_original  bear_flower

Hi Linda,

I contacted Susan yesterday - do you know what - that course is almost full - just ONE space left - of course I have put myself down for it.   I cannot wait!

Pandas are my most favourite animals - though I have only made one.  I have several pandas in my bear collection.

I am looking forward to learning several new techniques.  I have done a bear with an open mouth recently but I know you do things differently - you put the lower jaw on seperately don't you.  Will the panda be having a two jointed neck?

I have asked Susan if I can do my panda in alpaca - do you think this will work O.K.

In the meantime I might have a go at making up Finn from Bear Creations.

I contacted Bear Essence but they did not come back to me in regard to your pattern - if they don't come back to me would it be possible to purchase it direct from you when you come to England.

Hugs

Karon

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Hi Karon
You will probably need to hassle Kim a bit for the pattern, either that ,or I will, and bring it with me, maybe that will be best anyway.( I don't actually make them up, Kim does it herself). Yep that's what I'll do, it'll save you postage too  bear_original I'm anxiously waiting for the fur in which to make up the sample for the course, so I can't tell you all that much about it. It's a panda, open mouth, sculpted leather nose and cute toes, my usual stuff, so there will be heaps for you to learn. When I've seen the fur, and designed the bear I'll let you know if alpaca will be suitable. I rather like the sound of the silk though. I'm amazed at how quickly this whole thing has come together, so again thanks for the shove, hopefully it's only the beginning!!!! bear_wub  bear_original

Susan 01 Bear Basics
Henstridge
Website

Hi Karon,

You have booked the first place not the last!!!!  bear_original So plenty of room for everyone else!! Although we have had lots of enquiries so I'm sure the places won't last long!

Looking forward to see what Linda creates, the silk has arrived safely down under so watch this space!!

Hugs,
Susan

Hi Susan,

OUCH!! I am sorry about my boo-boo.  I obviously only heard  what I wanted to hear!!

Teddies are obviously not the only ones with "cloth ears".

Again Susan and Linda I am sorry for my mistake.

Hugs

Karon

Board footer