Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I wanting to make a necktie for a little bear I just finished but I can't find a pattern anywhere and I don't want to go buy one.  Anyone know how...I know how to tie one...don't ask me why...but I do.

Thanks!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I used to make them for my boy friends in the 60's and boy was that a long time ago-  I suspect you will have to draw one, remember it needs to be on the bias to tie right.....I'll check my patterns, but when we moved here and the hubs retired he said 'no more neckties' so I suspect I used the pattern pieces to wrap crystal or something....

I'll let you know if I find one

Dilu

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Untitled-Scanned-01.jpgUntitled-Scanned-01.jpgShantell if you cant find a pattern and have no idea how to make one pull a old one apart, to get a idea look in the opp shop or your huddys draw to find one ,you can always cut it down.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I checked Shantell and couldn't find one.....sorry-but Miss JazzyFran's drawing is awfully close print her up and have a go

on the bias

not that either of us is biased

:hug:
bear_tongue

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

I made my own, drew the basic pattern shape similar to what Fran has shown to suit the size bear I was making at the time,   and made it out of felt, then sewed it around a piece of hair elastic so it is easy to take on and off over a bears head. Worked well.

Board footer