Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I finally got up the courage to try to figure out how to get signed up on Bear Pile and list bears and I DID IT! I now have a page and 8 bears up there. I actually tried to figure it out a while ago and did their "practice" listing to see how it works and after I did that I couldn't see the bear I listed like they said I would be able to so I gave up and didn't complete signing up (as in paying!). I kept thinking I should try again so finally did and it all worked (remember I'm computer challenged so this is a big feat for me!  :crackup: ) I couldn't believe it says it was something like 100 days ago that I posted that first bear - and the listing for it was still there! Well, at least it is done now so it will be interesting to see what happens - whether I will get any results or not. Auctions have been pretty slow for me lately - although one I listed yesterday did sell today on the BIN so that is encouraging - so I figured I had to try something else if I want to keep on making these little critters! I keep thinking it is time to retire - but maybe not quite yet!!!

http://bearsbyediebarlishen.bearpile.com/

sockerplinga Sundsvall
Website

Thats great! : bear_thumb
Hope your bears will sell! bear_laugh

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

The best of luck, Edie  . . .  your page looks great!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm a firm believer in trying any and everything to sell your work! I don't think its ever a wise business decision to put all your eggs in one basket! And with the way things are today you've got to do all you can to get your work exposed and sold! The selling/marketing side of bear making is work all in itself!

It doesn't meant it's time to retire because sales have slowed down. It's summer..... people aren't inside on their computers quite as much... and they are spending their money on family vacations, etc. And the economy... well, we won't go there. But summer will come to an end.... and the gov't will one day wake up and smell the coffee and do SOMETHING about fuel prices and the economy here in the US which has a direct impact on your sales too. It HAS to get better at some point. So, don't give up!!!

I hear a LOT of good things about BearPile... keep us posted on how it goes! If I made enough bears to put them up for sale on the internet that's where I'd go. But with organizing shows and trying to get bears made for them as well plus orders I don't ever seem to get any extra bears made. I have a plan for this winter to change that so will give BearPile a whirl then!!!

Good luck!!! :hug:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow, in just one day on bear pile I've already had someone send me a comment on a bear that they really liked and someone else asking about buying one! I'm quite excited about this new venture!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

WIll check it out. It is a good site to get exposure.

Lynette

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Good luck with Bearpile, Edie ~ your bears are ever so sweet and precious.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Awesome Edie!!  Although I'm taking a break from Bearpile for a while (till I can be more consistent in my bearmaking again.....)  I have gotten some lovely collectors from that site  bear_flower

sonblestbears Son Blest Bears
Geetingsville, Indiana
Website

Hi Edie  bear_flower Congratulations, that's wonderful!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:clap:  :clap: Good for you, Edie!!  Bearpile gets a lot of traffic......it's a great place to sell and I think you'll love it! bear_thumb I have gotten some wonderful collectors from there as well, and certainly the more places you are visible with your work, the better.

sandlalouer Luxembourg

As a collector, I always have a look at Bearpile!!! Good thing to be there I think.  bear_grin

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Is Janet completely out of the bear world and how long ago was that?

She just sort of just quietly-slipped-out-of-view...

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Your wee babies are looking great Edie!! bear_thumb

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Bobbie said:

Is Janet completely out of the bear world and how long ago was that?

She just sort of just quietly-slipped-out-of-view...

Took me a minute Bobbie, but I gather you are referring to my sister, Janet??? She is not currently making bears as she and her husband became full time RVer's several years ago. Making bears just didn't fit into their lifestyle so that is on hold for now. She has her bear making stuff stored away so maybe will get back into it again someday.

Board footer