Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I work for a Federal prosecutor and we're right by the river border. You would not believe the amount of Americans who try to cross the border with their hand guns! Please, please please guys - leave those guns at home! The paperwork to deal with them is horrendous. So ladies - when you come to visit Canada - just bring your teddybears; I'm sure they can protect you.  :wacko:

Marion

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

i live in the U K and just the thought peopl owning hand guns freaks me out bear_cry

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

What a cultural difference! Us Brits run screaming at the sight of a gun, even when it's only police at the airport!
As time goes on though there are more guns on the streets - none legal - but there you go!

If i opened my handbag and saw a gun in there i'd freak out "urgh urgh a gun! a gun! aarrrrggghhhhh" you get the picture.

I hate guns - if no-one had them all the mad bad people would have to club each other to death which might put them off a bit as i think cowards resort to guns because they have no cajunes (is that how you yanks spell/say it?) - anyway b***s

Penny - a pacifist until it comes to someone nicking me choccy  then i'm a badass  bear_angry  :twisted:  bear_angry

Brockville, Ontario

The particular idiot who annoyed me today with travelling with his family in a motorhome. He had a LOADED handgun plus another 100 rounds of ammunition in an unlocked drawer! It was for his family's 'protection'. Who is going to protect them from him. dummy.  :cry:

Marion

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sorry about those 'ugly' Americans, Marion.  I HATE guns, also - although I guess Texas could be the gun capital of anywhere.  I am anti-NRA everything, so not everyone here is gun-crazy.  Sorry again that we in the USA try to cross into your country with weapons (and loaded at that)!   bear_ermm  bear_ermm   bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

It's amazing the ammount of deaths you have over there due to guns, accidental or otherwise.

I just thankgoodness that Australia has fairly tight gun laws.

So, I take it then, Canada is similar to Australia in regards to guns? It's amazing that two countries can be so close together, yet so different in so many ways!
Danni

Brockville, Ontario

If you want a better comparision of our two countries attitudes watch the movie "Bowling for Columbine". quite an eye opener.

Marion

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I do not own one of those "Things".  They scare me.  It is a shame that  many Americans often abuse thier freedoms.  We are not all bad, though.... :pray: :pray: :pray: bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

i watched bowling for colombine it was shown on british T V, very scary. I have met many holiday makers over here from various parts of the U S A but i havent met a single one who owned a gun, or at least told me they didnt, so impressions we have of you all carrying tiny guns in your handbags are mad they must come from watching too much T V. bear_wacko

Brockville, Ontario

Please don't misunderstand me - I certainly don't think all Americans carry guns! But it does annoy me when certain individuals think they can just casually cross our border with their guns, which are illegal here. Many of them are long-distance truckers who have just forgotten that they had their gun in the glove box! How can you forget something like that!  :wacko:

Marion

Brockville, Ontario

I too live out in the middle of nowhere. We don't even have working locks on our doors! But, I have 3 noisy dogs with good hearing! They aren't big dogs or people aggressive but act as an early warning system. Even for the rare times when no-one is at home, doors aren't locked. If a thief wanted in that badly, why annoy them by making it hard. Then they're apt to do more damage! We saw that happen years ago when a neighbour locked things up too tightly. The thieves took a chain saw and walked it around the whole wooden house!

Marion

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

We have an attack toy Malti-poo (Maltese Poodle cross) who will pee on anyone who tries to break in!  bear_angry Let them put THAT in thier pipe and smoke it! bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

MerBear wrote:

The particular idiot who annoyed me today with travelling with his family in a motorhome. He had a LOADED handgun plus another 100 rounds of ammunition in an unlocked drawer! It was for his family's 'protection'. Who is going to protect them from him. dummy.  bear_cry

Marion

Oh My GOSH!!!   First I can't believe he tried to carry that across the border bear_cry  and on top of that... that is NOT a legal way to carry firearms in a vehicle in the US... well... in IL anyways...

Brockville, Ontario

He was from Ohio but I doubt it was legal there too.. :|.but who knows!

Marion

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

We have an attack toy Malti-poo (Maltese Poodle cross) who will pee on anyone who tries to break in!   Let them put THAT in thier pipe and smoke it!

HA HA HA HA

What a great vision i have Judi - well okay, not great - but very very funny  bear_laugh  bear_grin  bear_original

Penny

Board footer