Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Oh, I can give you this info for now... she is 6" tall sitting and 8" tall standing (I was pretty close with the height guess, Marie!)  She is made out of Schulte caramel mohair.... Very very soft.... but that is all her details for now... and I wont share any more until Marie gets her... I need to keep her in suspense! as well as you all!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no Kim, pretty please don't show me your
bear now !  :pray:  :whistle:
Sorry for acting like a child but I like  surprise !!!

Sophie, I just sent you PM message! Please
read...  bear_cry bear_sad bear_noexpression bear_shocked bear_original :teddybear:

Hugs/Marie

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

do you want me to show you her now or do you want to wait? or wait until I am done?

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Kim, sorry ..
can I wait until she arrives to my door?  :rose:
That will be big surprise to me.  :bday: :love:

Hugs/Marie

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Sure... I was hoping you would wait for the surprise!  I have taken pics of her at every stage from the mohair, to the cutting out and now the "no face" stage... I will take pics of her with her face and then finally finished but I will wait until you get her to post pics bear_original

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan
Kim wrote:

I have taken pics of her at every stage from the mohair, to the cutting out and now the "no face" stage...

↑how fun ! ok, I will do the same thing. I will start
taking photo from mohair, cutting , sewing..... bear_thumb and save it as my first
swap memory....  bear_wub

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I just wanted you to confirm: is it ok for you, Marie and susan that I swap with you both? No changes?
As soon as you confirm, I will send you my details by e-mail.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS: I too take pictures during my teddy bear making at the different steps.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Kathy and I have been in touch. Question about the pics......do we post a pic of the bear we are sending, or the bear we receive?????? I get sooo confused  bear_cry :redface: Ellen

kraftyladies Beary Lovely ... Bears by Susan
Florida

Umm, I guess you can decide that with your partner.  I guess it will all depend on whether everyones partner wants to take a picture of it before they send and wait to post it after their partner receives it, or just take a picture of your bear when you receive it.  Whatever works, as long as WE GET TO SEE A PIC!!   :)

Sophie, I emailed you back, we are trying to get all the details worked out.....  again sorry about the confusion!  bear_wacko  :redface:

Susan

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Sophie, I sent you e-mail today regarding
swap partner. My partner contact me on Sunday evening(at our end) but I already changed my partner (due I didn't hear form her till sunday...) to Kim.  :/
So,  if you and Ann G is ok, would you like to swap
between 2of you ? because Ann G has no partner yet.
I'm asking this because I wont be able to make
3bears at once...for Kim, Sophie, Ann G ...  :redface:  :doh:
I sent e-mail to Ann G too and she said she will send
you e-mail for swapping.
I hope no one will be left out for this fun bear swap.  :hug:

Hugs/Marie

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Dear Susan and Marie,

I had an e-mail from Ann G. She proposed to swap with me. I said her this is OK, so I will finally swap with her.
Finger crossed things are back to normal, now!  :D

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Thank You Sophie and Ann G !   :hug:
I hope everything will be ok for everyone.  :rose:

Ann G said she will post her bear picture(not a swap bear)in TT, so exiting to see new bears!

Hugs/Marie

Florida

Great!  Now everyone has a artner and we are good to go....   :dance:

Susan

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
Acipenser wrote:

I am in contact with my swap partner Matilda and we have already agreed on how to do our swap.
Are we supposed to post pictures after the swap? I'd like that.

Sabine

I would like that too Sabine!!! :thumbsup:

OH my goodness, I have only just finished the design. I have to order fabric, or wait till the fair on the 18th nov.
I havent got what I want.  This bear has to be special. It will be representing me internationally. So it MUST be close to PERFECT bear_grin bear_grin :dance:
                                                                         Matilda

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Oh my, Matilda, now I am nervous. What if my bear is less than perfect? Guess we call it character then ha?  bear_grin bear_happy I'll give it my best shot.
Take your time, no hurry. I'm still undecided. So many ideas, none perfect.....
Hugs

Sabine   :hug:

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

Hi Sophie
Here goes. I'm glad to have my partner so I can get started. I'll be in touch so we can decide on the details. I see the deadline is February. It sounds like some people are ready to exchange their bears right now. I'm really looking forward to the surprise of this whole thing.
Bye for now
Ann G.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Ann G  :hug:

Your bear and bunny(is she ?) is so adorable !!   :clap:
and the fur/mohair looks so soft. :love:

Hugs/Marie

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I just found this thread!!! Gosh, I'm slow... bear_angry bear_angry :/

I want do it tooooo!!!!!!! With anybody!!!!! Kim, Marie,.... how about getting Russian bear????

Marie, you are the closest to me. I can ask my hubby and he'll give it to you in Tokyo or Yokohama.  bear_whistle bear_wub

Kim I love your sweetheart's!!

Please let me know..

HUGGS, Julia

P.S. I wonder is Judi and Shelli doing swaps??? bear_whistle bear_whistle bear_rolleyes bear_rolleyes bear_wub

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Julia,
Sorry I should ask you about this,
I was closest one in your erea and
I forgat to ask you !!! for give me ....  bear_cry and  this swap is close already ~.  bear_whistle ごめんなさいね~(sorry in Japanese)

I will send you PM.  :rose:
:hug: Marie

Florida

Hi Julia,

If everything goes well with this swap (I hope it does), I am sure we will be doing other swaps.  I will make sure to add you to the list of intersted people.  :hug:

Ann, some have wanted to do their bears for Christmas time, while others have not.  Your deadline is up to you and Sophie to decide, and we all want pics posted of your swap bears!!   :lol:

Susan

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Julia, I will be glad to do another swap with you if you want... I sent you a PM - I am almost done with Marie's bear (she will probably be done tonight) so if you want to swap, I can do it...  :hug:

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

bear_wub :dance: :hug:

guys, I'm in!!!

Julia

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

YAY!!!!!  :hug:  :hug:

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

So... I'd better get started!!
Got to live TT for a while...shoot that's impossible..

I'll sew and read at the same time!!

Huggs, Julia

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

That is what I did with Marie's bear!  LOL TT is addictive!

Board footer