Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

Hi All, I found bulk stuffing at CR Crafts 25 lb for $83. Does anyone know where I can find it cheaper? Thank you :hug:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Hi Sheryl :hug:

I buy mine at Walmart, though it comes in a 5 pound box instead of a big 25 pounder.  I think it's about $14 for the box.......it's Morning Glory brand, which I love........adds up to a little less than CR Crafts, plus no shipping if you just pick one up. bear_thumb I find that the 5 pound box lasts quite a while, but then I'm slow with my bears.  You might want something bigger........

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO
Tracy wrote:

I buy mine at Walmart, though it comes in a 5 pound box instead of a big 25 pounder.  I think it's about $14 for the box.......it's Morning Glory brand, which I love........adds up to a little less than CR Crafts, plus no shipping if you just pick one up. bear_thumb I find that the 5 pound box lasts quite a while, but then I'm slow with my bears.  You might want something bigger........

Thank You!!!!  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I buy mine at CRsCrafts also because I like their stuffing best of any around. I used to be able to get it locally but the store I bought it from stopped carrying it.

White Forest White Forest Bears
Southern California
Daphne wrote:

I buy mine at CRsCrafts also because I like their stuffing best of any around. I used to be able to get it locally but the store I bought it from stopped carrying it.

I use the same Daphne. 

I tried the Morning Glory kind but it feels icky to me, and the bears don't stuff as nicely.

I love CR's as I get the big ginormous box, and they have good prices too.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I buy the economy fiberfill in the 25 lb. box at CRs . . . it costs $54.12.  I like the way it stuffs better than the premium.

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO
SueAnn wrote:

I buy the economy fiberfill in the 25 lb. box at CRs . . . it costs $54.12.  I like the way it stuffs better than the premium.

Thank you as that was my first choice but I thought maybe it was not as good. Can I ask what makes it better then the premium? I really appreciate all of your help. bear_wub

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO
Daphne wrote:

Daphne, do you get the cheaper or more expensive one?

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO
Tracy wrote:

Hi Tracy, I cannot shop at Walmart or Sams. It is a long story but I will not give them my business. I do like the idea of a smaller 5 lb box!

White Forest White Forest Bears
Southern California
SueAnn wrote:

I've been hooked on the same thing Sue Ann  ever since you mentioned it a few years ago.  I love it!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I get the premium stuffing. When JoAnn's used to sell it under their store name it was called Soft N Silky I believe. The name says it all. I pack my bears really hard (though I'm trying not to these days but I can't seem to help it!) and this packs great even though it's silky and very resilient and I don't get lumps so it's good for my cloth dolls too.

The premium stuff is more processed than the economy so more of the poly fibers have been 'opened up' for more loftiness.

I just checked out the manufacturer's website and it's cheaper to buy directly from them. The manf. that makes the stuffing CRsCrafts carries is AIRTEX. Here's a link to their bulk Premium stuffing.... about $12 less than CrsCrafts for the 25# and it also comes in 5# boxes.
http://www.airtex.com/asp_pages/catalog.asp?PCA=180

Edited to add..... once you factor in Airtex's shipping charges it'll cost you about the same to order from CRsCrafts!!! Airtex's shipping is very high!

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

I buy Morning Glory from Walmart too!  It's right at $10 for a 5 lb. box where I live.  So, it's $50 for 25 pounds.  I prefer this brand to any others I have tried.  And, for soft squishy tummies, they have something called Cluster Stuff, also by Morning Glory.  It's no good for stuffing heads and I don't like it for limbs either.  But for tummies, it's the best!  I'm not sure on the cost of that but it's only sold in a bag.  It's nice to just buy one box at a time and not have to store scads of the stuff. 

Alison McKee

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Well as most of you know I use excelsior for the majority of my stuffing.  But I do mix in Fiber fill and I get a B grade fill from Monterrey Mills in Janesville, WI.  Mom and I purchase about 60 to 80 pounds at a time.  That will keep us going for at least a year maybe longer.  It packs very tight, just ask Alison McKee, and doesn't get lumpy.    It comes in 20 pounds bags.  There are about four grades.  The lowest grade (D) is barely processed and there are tons of lumps.  The 3 (C) grade is ok, but not recommend, tends to be darker in color and that can show through in bears.  The 2 (B) grade is good for all stuffing, the only problem is if you are stuffing a white or lighter colored bear it can show through, especially in the face.  1 (A) grade is the best and most expensive and is white so it is great on light colored fabrics.  We usually only keep about one of these on hand.  But we are able to drive to Janesville and pick it up.  So while we don't pay shipping, we do spend gas.  Most of the time we need to make a trip to Rockford for supplies, which is on our way back home.  So that works for us.

P.S.
If you have a tax id number you can register for wholesale pricing at airtex.  I am sure the prices would be better.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I have my stuffing shipped directly from Fairfield. They are located in Conneticut and they make the brand Poly-fil. I get 25 lb. boxes and they are shipped right to the door. You can do this as long as you have a tax ID for your state. I think it is about $65.00 including shipping for the 25#.

Ellen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Jare Hares & Bears wrote:

If you have a tax id number you can register for wholesale pricing at airtex.  I am sure the prices would be better.

I thought of that last night but was too tired to look into it. I'm guessing, as most manufacturers do, that there is a minimum purchase. I don't have ROOM for twelve 25 pound boxes of stuffing and would probably die before I used it all!! :crackup:  But thanks for the reminder because I will look into it!
bear_thumb

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website
Jare Hares & Bears wrote:

Well as most of you know I use excelsior for the majority of my stuffing.  .

tell me tell me tell me do. . .

where are you finding decent excelsior???

last batch I got for edinbugh had changed, it used to be like, wood ribbons, now it's like, you know, excelsior.  I'd like some really fine stuff and can't locate any.  I've tried nashville wraps, and it's ok for big bear, and I've tried taxidermy supples - the stuff is so rough that I'm using as packing beds, sealed in garbage bags and the 'jewelers grade' has turquoise & magenta threads running through that bleed.  I'm running out of space, with 25 assorted pounds of excelsior I can't really use.

where do ya'll buy yours?

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

I get the Poly-fil brand fro A C Moore in 10 lb ctns at about 18 to 20 dollars, then when I have a coupon for 40% off thats the place I go and its cheaper then.
I find this brand to be very successful.  Good Luck with whatever one you choose.

Board footer