Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

The update of Sullivan's infant glaucoma is GREAT ! ! !  He had an exam under anesthesia (EUA) last week and the pressures were normal  He'll have the EUA every 3 months until he's old enough to allow the exam without squirming.  (He has had two surgeries for infant glaucoma (extremely rare)  that was diagnosed when he was 3 months old.  He's 8 months old now.)

Sullivan's doctor called Tracy yesterday asking if Tracy would be willing to be interviewed for a newspaper article featuring Sullivan.  The reason . . . a success story ! ! !

Like a few others here lately, I've decided to take a break from the bears.   Our recent move wore me out and I have quite a bit still to do here (paint the entire inside of the house, make curtains for 6 windows).  My sewing room won't be set up until it's painted.  So, I need to focus on these things for a while.  I will be checking in here periodically though.

My daughter, Tracy and her baby, Sullivan from Tennessee spent two weeks with us this month.  We had a wonderful visit ! ! !  Sullivan is just so precious and he started crawling while they were here so I got to witness a first! 

Tracy and Tyson want to move back to CA so my husband and I offered (as soon as Tyson gets a job here) to switch houses with them, make needed repairs and install new flooring in their home then get it sold for them.  So, I may be in TN later and for who knows how long.

Here are pics of Sullivan while they were here:  (The hubster and Tyson split the burger which was still way to much food for either one.)

blue_eyes_WinCE_2.jpg      big_burger_WinCE.jpg  bathtime_fixed_WinCE.jpg nana_and_sullivan_2_WinCE.jpg

Zada Creations Zada Creations
Washington

Oh Patty - Sullivan is just precious!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful visit!  I hope everything works out great for you and your family things settle in.  I hope you come back soon!
Take Care,
Patricia

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

he is getting so big bear_wub

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

He is a cutie!!!! You must be very proud  bear_original

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Ahhhhhh..... Nothin cuter than a picture of a baby in the sink   bear_flower   bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What an adorable baby,  Sullivan has grown so much since I last saw pictures of him. I just love the picture of him taking a bath in the kitchen sink that's the best way, right height and baby size too.  bear_thumb  bear_grin  bear_thumb It sounds as if you have a lot of work ahead of you Patty, good luck with that.  bear_thumb

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Penn Valley, CA

Thanks everyone.  Sullivan has grown.  He weighs 21 pounds at 8 months and so happy, smilin' all the time.

You know, I kind of feel a relief, not having the feeling that I should be in my sewing room working on bears.  I know my fur stash will be calling my name soon though.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

What a beautiful little boy and just look at those eyes and that smile. He looks to be a very healthy and happy little guy. What a blessing after his earlier struggles.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Look at that CUTIE!!  Love the sink pic, what a happy little dude!! bear_wub

I'm currently taking a mini summer "sabbatical" too.  Lots of careers offer that benefit, why not ours?!  bear_original That's what's nice about bears, they're patient...they'll wait for you bear_flower

:hug:
~Chrissi

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Beautiful and heart warming pictures, thank you for sharing! Take your well deserved break but don't stay away to long! bear_flower

Hugs Louise

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Oh... THANK YOU for the update! I see little boys in shops, about Sullivan's age and I've wondered about his health. Just had to go with the positive: No news is Good News!

He certainly is a sturdy little fellow - may he continue on the Good Health Track, and if not, have parents become just as aware of things-that-go-bump-in-the-night-just-as-quickly-as-they-did-the-first-time!!!

hggzzz-

Penn Valley, CA

Thanks everyone ! 

Bobbie, see Sullivan's eye update in edited first post above.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What great news about Sullivan's eyes!  Success stories DO need to be told!  We will miss you, Patty, but we definitely understand family priorities.  Visit us when you can and I wish you much luck.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Just wonderful news about Sullivan - what a relief for you all.  Have a lovely break and we hope to see you back chatting soon.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Great news Patti!  Sullivan is PRECIOUS!  I love that piccie of him with that gigantic burger!

P.S.  Taking a break is sometimes a good thing.  I hope you come back rejuvenated as your bears are awesome.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm on the other end of my own year-long break so I so "get" the feeling and the need.  Take some deep breaths, regain your balance, enjoy your home(s) and your family and that darling grandson (so glad he's doing well,) give your cutiepot husband lots of hugs and kisses.  Indulge in you!!

Stay in touch, though, please.  bear_original

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Hooray  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  I am so happy for you and your daughter and her family  bear_flower  bear_flower

Raewyn

puca bears puca bears

That's GREAT news - I'm so happy that your cute grandson is doing well :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
big huggies
Maria

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Awww, what a sweetie!!!  I'm so glad things are going okay with him, poor baby, and I hope you have a nice break, come back soon wont ya  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer