Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

AS you all know i was so excited to sell a bear on ebay ,well i got a email from a lady saying she has put cash in my acc ( cash how do you do that i am thinking) well anyway i went to pay pal no money  so i looked every where i could think of cant find any money ,and at the bottom of the email it said that this lady has provided an unconfirmed address what does that mean , and is they only one place for the money to go a thats pay pal right? so what do you think ?I have had so many fake emails lately i don't want to put on my computer .

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

If the lady paid through PayPal, then you should get the payment confirmation notice from THEM, not the lady!  Also, if you have gone to your PayPal account and there is no money there, then she has NOT paid.  On the PayPal notice near the top of the page it will say "View the details of this transaction online".  Click on that and it should give you the info you need.  Good luck!!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I hope you didn't ship your bear.  It sounds like she is trying to get something for nothing.  Hugs, Jenn

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Fran, trust PayPal.  If there's nothing in your account there, your buyer either sent it to the wrong address -- which is entirely possible, if she typed your information in by hand -- or is pulling your leg.

Sue Ann and Jenn have some sound advice for you.  Tread carefully, and hold on to that bear until the situation is better understood.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

As for the unconfirmed address- paypal verifies that a user is who they say they are by confirming their address. Just because it's unconfirmed won't mean they are bad people. In order to get a confirmed address, a user has to have a credit card on file with paypal. I had an uncomfirmed address for a very long time only because I didn't have a credit card on file. Some sellers will state in their auctions that they won't sell to unconfimred addresses, I guess this is because of credit card fraud. I've sold to lots of people with unconfirmed addresses and bought lots of things even as I was unconfirmed and never had any problems. But definitely hang onto to your beautiful bear until that money shows up in your account!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Good advice. Make sure you have accepted the payment. I had to do that the first time I had a payment. Mine goes straight in now and I can see at a glance. The one this morning I had to accept as the sale was in dollars and I ticked the box to accept in sterling. Then I can also tick the box to covert any future transactions to pounds and they will go straight in. You always get an email from paypal telling you that you have received a payment, so thats important. Let us know how you go on.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

well i email the lady and she emailed me back and she said she did place the money in because she can see it , but its not in my pay pal acc so where is it ,so i sent pay pal a email thats all i can do if i cant see the money .Amanda when you said make sure you except the payment how can i if i cant see it . i fell better now about the uncomfirmed address thank girl i feel a bit better i just think i am stupid when i get in these saturation.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Look at me dont i look good, thanks Jane your the best if there is everthing i can do for you just let me know and its done.thank again Fran .

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Sounds like the buyer is "pulling your leg" as shelli said or she put it in the wrong acct... If she pays paypal through ebay, it will send her through all the steps.. if not, you can send an invoice yourself from paypal... I hope you didnt send the bear alread, please tell me you didnt!  Maybe email her and tell her what email address to send your paypal payments to.... ???

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Fran, is it possible she paid you by e-check through PayPal?  You need to look at your transaction history in your PayPal account, not just your account balance in dollars and cents.  Being paid by e-check means that the funds will take several business days to clear, your account balance will NOT change to show the payment until they have cleared.  The only way to see this is either through the notice PayPal sent you to confirm a payment was received, or to go into your PayPal transaction history and look at the payment.  It should tell you exactly when funds will clear.

Hope this helps!
Kelly

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I would like to add that some countries never confirm addresses. I live in Sweden and Swedish banks refuse to confirm the address of a cardholder, no exceptions. So I have and always will have an unconfirmed address. Fortunately, no seller has ever refused to do business with me.

Sabine

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have come across the unconfimred thing too but wouldnt it, no matter how money is sent, notify you that a payment was received???

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Fran I once sent a paypal payment back (don't ask how I did it) to the sender and I had already sent the bear. She was great and sent me it again. I'm always doing ditsy things. Good luck, this lady is probably like me and done something wrong.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

WOw Amanda NO one can be as silly as me, i pressed the button that said sender has payed, on the anther sale i made and she has not payed yet either.[God give me strength] well thats a anther story  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Thanks Kelly i will go now

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Amanda,

My hair is auburn, and always has been.  But my high school aged son asked me in public
"Do you color your hair?"  Implication being I was a 'ditzy blonde'.  No offence to our blondes, I have always been jelouse, but haven't the coloring to carry it off. 

The reason for the story?

Oh yeah..... ditzy knows no bounds, is not biased, biggoted or prejudiced.  Unfortunetly it crosses all socio economic and IQ barriers.....

So.  From one Ditz to another, Welocme home Sister.

bear_tongue

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Fran

Check your paypal account......don't believe her

till you see the color of her money

bear_tongue

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Ditto to what Dilu says, Fran. Don't send that beautiful bear off until PayPal says the money comes and asks you to accept it. If by some weird chance she has paid, and PayPal hasn't sent you a notice, you could ask Paypal to double check, but I'd just wait.

Eileen

Board footer