Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Dear friends,

Last night I was surprised to hear many times in the night a cat meowing very loudly. I recognize that special meow as a desperate meow and said myself there was something wrong for it to happen so often.

today, in the end of the afternoon, once back from work and busy in the living room, I heard again that poor cat and decided I should ask my neighbour if this was her cat.

when i arrived at my neighbours, there were many people there : the owners of the house plus the new person who just arrive to live in that house (rented house) and other people. They explained that the pervious people living there left the place without their kitty who managed to hide in a place where no one can access (the floor there is so fragil anyone would go through it). Some one brough a scale to try to have a look but the kitty does not get nearby even if we call him. They are all desperate about that. The new owner does not want to keep that kitty nor to call the firemen to come as we have to pay firemen each time we ask them some help and she does not wans to pay them to rescue a cat which is not hers!!!! The previous tenant did not left an address neither came for the house checking with the owners!!!! I cannot believe once can abandon a kitty like that. The previous tenant left the house on sunday.
Some villagers proposed to try something else with more scales to try to catch the kitty, but i do not know if they already tried it.
Argh, he is still meowing, the poor little thing.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

I will try to get some news later or tomorrow. I am helpless. I will ask Malko if he has an idea on how to save him once he is back home.

Please, pray for that wee kitty to be rescueded soon.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

So sorry about the kitty!  Is there enough space where the kitty is to put a humane trap?  I would think that might be the best bet.  If this is possible, bait it with something VERY stinky like canned tuna or stinky wet cat food.

Hope the kitty is caught soon!
Kelly

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Keep us posted please.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh poor little thing, he must be so scarred. First his owner dumps him and now is scarred and hidding, so scarred to come out to all the people who want to rescue him. Please let us know what happens to this poor cat.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
bearlyart wrote:

So sorry about the kitty!  Is there enough space where the kitty is to put a humane trap?  I would think that might be the best bet.  If this is possible, bait it with something VERY stinky like canned tuna or stinky wet cat food.

Hope the kitty is caught soon!
Kelly

Gosh Sophie.  I ditto what Kelly posted.
I hope the kitty is rescued soon.  I hate to hear sad things about animals. bear_cry

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I hope for the best possible outcome for this little kitty.  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_cry   That's evil to move and leave your cat trapped like that with no way to reunite!  I've got everything crossed it can be rescued so soon.  The poor thing  bear_cry  :hug:

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Sophie,
Aren't there any animal welfare groups in your area? This is an emergency! These people would be brought up on charges in the US. I would tear that place apart!
Karen

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Awww, poor kitty!!  I hate to hear bad things happen to (both) children and animals!! Can the cat escape at all, or is it stuck where it is?  Maybe if it is able to get out, but is choosing not to because it is scared, then perhaps the live trap idea could work with some food and water in it!  The cat must be SO thirsty!! bear_sad bear_sad bear_sad

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Ohh Sophie that is so sad, I hope that kitty can be rescued soon and that they find a new home for it.

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

I'm not sure what it's like there.. but here you can borrow a cat live trap from the city for no charge. Then you can take it to a shelter.. or find a home for it bear_original
Good, luck, Hugs!!!
Melanie

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Sophie: do you have a Humane Society or ASPCA in your area. In the USA they will come out to rescue animals for free. Call local animal rescue groups. If it costs money, notify you local TV station and have them come out to do a story on the cat and ask for a plea to the public for somebody to come and help the kitty. I bet you will have loads of people (animal lovers of course) on the scene to rescue the cat. In the mean time can you put food or water out for him/her near the meowing area? Put something with a strong fishy smell so it will come near the food.

In the USA, people who abandon their pets can be arrested and charged with cruelty to animals. I'd report it to the police. Shame on the new tenents to ignor the situation. Curses on them and the one who abandoned him!

Please keep us updated on if you catch her/him.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Yesterday late evening, once Malko was back we went back to our neighbour's to ask about the cat. The lady said that the cats managed to go out of the place by himself. But as we were chatting with her, we could hear again the cat, but it looked like he was now in another place, in one of the wooden shelters of the other neighbour...
It was totally impossible to have a grap on him and so frustrating...
I cannot say our new neighbour is a bad person. she told us she had many pets (apparently mostly dogs) in the past but she eventualy got fed up having some (she cared very well of them but there were too many things she could not afford to do because of them, if I well understood).

I am not sure that in France our animal shelters get someone to come to rescue or catch an animal. I never asked it.

Now I do not hear the cat meowing anymore, so I guess he managed to escape.
I will keep an ear and an eye for that cat and if we happen to catch him, we will try to rehome him.

Thanks for your support,
Sophie.

Thank goodness he's managed to escape from wherever he was stuck.  He is probably going through the buildings now meowing and trying to locate his old family.   bear_cry   Cats can be a bit different, though.  Sometimes they chose their territory over their families and adapt to the new family rather than trying to find their old one. 

Here's hoping he can adapt to a new life  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

I hate hearing about things like that.  We recently rescued a kitty from our Home Depot here.  My hubby was waiting for them to open when a half grown kitten popped out of the trash container with french fries in her mouth!  He practically flew back home for a carrier and off we went with food.  As soon as we shook the food into the bowl she was there eating and we popped her into the carrier and off to the vet.  We had her 'fixed' got her shots, etc and here she is with us now.  We named her Dee Dee because the vets office were calling her Depot.  Shes sweet and fun and we love her!  This picture is on her second day with us.  Turns out an employee didn't want her and dropped her off by the pallets of wood...poor thing could have been crushed by the fork lifts.  We've had her for a few months now.  I don't understand how anyone can abandon a pet.  We have six cats because of people like that!  I hope that kitty where you are finds a good loving home and soon.....

Deedee_024.jpg

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Susie: what a wonderful cat story. You are very kind hearted to rescue your sweet little kitty. The world needs more people like you in it!!  :hug:  :hug:

oh bless her heart!  DeeDee's one very lucky girl indeed!  You're an  bear_innocent  for bringing her home  bear_wub   She's such a pretty girlie!!!

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

bear_cry  there are some horrible people out there, poor kittie, hope it finds its way out soon, and what goes around comes around, i hope karma comes back and bites them on the bum!

Board footer