Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

WHEW! So I have finally finished the Star Wars Mural!  It's sort of bittersweet... I've spent so much time in that room that I feel like I BELONG in there!!  bear_laugh I do have more projects there at the home, but I'm going to miss working on the Star Wars mural... lol

Okay, enough talk! On to pics!!!

Here is the left-side wall:
Lwall.jpg

Here is the right-side wall:
Rwall.jpg

Here is the cockpit:
controlpanel1.jpg

Here is the rear wall opposite the cockpit:
They are going to put up fatheads on this wall, so I left it kind of 'open'
rearwall.jpg

Here are detail photos of the left wall:
The son made this 'droid' out of legos and dad wanted to know if I could incorporate it into the mural.
Lwalldetail.jpg

Lwalldetail1.jpg

Lwalldetail2.jpg

Lwalldetail3.jpg

Here are detail photos of the right wall:
Rwalldetail4.jpg

Rwalldetail3.jpg

Rwalldetail2.jpg

Rwalldetail1.jpg

Almost forgot the windshield!:
windshield1.jpg

windshield2.jpg
BTW, the little box around the light switch is going to be done in a different manner, so it isn't quite finished yet... bear_original

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi,
Excellent work! bear_thumb
You are very talented!
Whats next? bear_rolleyes
love kayx. bear_wub  bear_wub

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you, Kay!  :hug:

The husband wants his own mouse hole (there is a thread on the mouse hole I did in the wife's library in here as well) down in his game room, and they want a UFO with aliens painted on this funky part of the wall where the vaulted ceiling meets up in the playroom.  It looks just like a UFO!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

What an amazing work of art Kimberly you are so talented. They must be so thrilled with the work that you have done. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

It's all so fabulous Kimberly !  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Don't be surprised if they start charging admissions to this house !!!  bear_smile
Mini Hugs , Ruth

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Really fantastic!! I can just imagine the hours of fun the kids will have.   bear_cool

Regards

Lisa

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

A

for you Kim. What a great room for those lucky kids. You have made a fabulous job of the room, what a very tallented lady you are.

Hugs, Jane.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

sonblestbears Son Blest Bears
Geetingsville, Indiana
Website

AWESOME Kim!!!!! I LOVE it, of course you already know that, but I just had to brag on your work again!!! Fabulous in EVERY way!!! And oooooh, I can't wait to see the new mouse hole AND the UFO!!! Yay!!!!!  :dance:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Amazing work, Kim. The family sounds like they'll be using you for several more projects. They must be fun to work with since they are open to all kinds of ideas.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

That is wonderful!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Quite a sensational work of art, Kim - bravo for your talent!

Studio44 Studio 44
UK

What a wonderful room you have created. Congratulations.
bear_thumb  :clap:  bear_thumb  :clap:  bear_thumb

Dorothy

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Awesome ! ! !  Now I think they should have a sensor that turns on the Star Wars music when you open the door.  Wouldn't that be cool.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

WONDERFUL! Beautiful work and may I say that you and your family will enjoy this room for a very long time!

Hugs Louise

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

My GOSH Kim , what a lot of work!  I bet the boy who will be in this room is loving it.  Great work. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

You did a superb job on this mural! I am a big Star Wars fan too. BRAVO!!!!
Beth

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

WOW!!! Kim you did a wonderful job. I agree with Patty they need to have the Star Wars theme song playing when they enter the room or turn on a light.

Hugs,

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Wow Kim  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  excellent job I have a 56 year old boy at home who would love this room. I agree that all it needs is sound effects now.  Wonderful job  bear_thumb

Raewyn

Ft. Bragg, NC

LOL, you all crack me up!  You have no idea how many times I've heard that it needs to play the Star Wars intro song when you open the bookcase!!  I've even heard the construction workers and the carpet layers say it, then I hear them 'sing' the intro theme! LOL  So now at least 9 people have said that would simply complete it!  And none of you know each other! lol (well besides all of us bearmaker friends!)

The homeowner (mom) said that Sam (the son) walked in the other evening, and practically cried, he was so happy!  She was trying to ask him what part was his favorite, and he was too busy playing out Star Wars!!  When she finally got him to answer, he said "ALL OF IT!!!"  Gosh, that makes it all the more worthwhile!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Thank you SO much for your compliments!! Really, I had such a tough time wondering if I'd done well enough, and questioning my own work.  So your feedback is SO VERY appreciated!!! Thank you so much!!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Great work Kimberley - what child would not want a room like that. You are very talented.

I like Yoda - he is a favourite of mine.

Hugs
Carolyn
  bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
truely wonderful!!!! I am eager for you to finish the rest of the projects now :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

Fantastic Kim  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

You're such a talented artist  bear_flower

Hugs
Janice

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Absolutely incredible, Kimberly!!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

You are so talented Kim.  What a dream room for Sam .  I especially love how you incorprated his name in the stars .  So cool !

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

great job! i want to go play there!! deb

Board footer