Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I seem to recall someone was concerned about ordering from them recently. I placed an order 2 wks ago, paid by PayPal immediately, and my order is still showing as 'pending' -waiting for payment. I did email them last week but received no reply. I just got an email from Paypal saying Sierra had partially refunded my money due to being out of stock. I can get no more details from them than that. I can't find out when my order is being shipped or even what part of my order is being shipped or even if my d** order is being shipped.
I did get another email from Sierra last week saying to watch for their big sale starting Nov 24 but would really like to know if this one is going thru before I send more money to them!!

Anyone else having problems?

Tks,  Marion

aka  bearsandbooks.com
        sierrameadowsbears.com

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm waiting until Nov. 24th to place my next order... I figure they are moving, setting up new location, etc. But their next sale is for 65% off!!! And their books are included this time too. Are we sure they aren't closing down? I am NOT trying to start a rumor here. I'm just concerned. Seems like they maybe in a lot of turmoil. Whoever may haev been working for them may not be anymore. I understand it that it's a woman who owns the business and it sounded like it's a one-woman show with the exception of help here and there.

What you are experiencing is certainly NOT professional. An email stating their apologies, that your order will be delayed because... and is estimated to ship on .... would be considerate at the least.

I hope it all gets worked out for you Marion!

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

i just placed an order with them a week and a half ago and it arrived in a timely fashion! no problems at all!   deb

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Marion, it was me that started the original post.  I am VERY unhappy with this company at the moment.      bear_angry bear_angry bear_angry  I sent 2 nice and 1 urgent Email over the past week or so and got no replies.  I called last week , spoke to a receptionist then had to  leave a message, NO ONE called back !
I called first thing this morning and left a " nasty" message- Still waiting for a reply !!!!!!!!!

My order was placed on Oct. 20th and still shows pending.  I will NEVER order from them again - the service sucks !   Sorry, but I am NOT happy.  I don't mind waiting as I know they just moved etc. , but do expect to hear from someone.  I don't think that is too much to ask.   They have my money and now 2 long distance calls from Canada.

I hope others have better luck than me.  Deb, I'm jealous.  My first order went so smoothly, not this one however.   bear_sad

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

They were at the Schaumburg show the end of Oct.. The owner is Gail S Thomas
Hugs
Gail

Brockville, Ontario

I got two messages from them this morning. One stating my status was updated to paid and a second stating my status was updated to shipped. Nothing to say what was shipped so I still don't know what was out-of-stock.  :mad:

Marion

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad I placed two orders, one on Oct. 22 and one on the 26th. The order I placed on the 22nd is marked 'shipped', but the order I placed on the 26th is marked 'pending'. I also emailed, saying that my PayPal account lists both orders as paid. I hope it's no worse than a matter of overwork. I don't mind waiting a bit, but . . .

If I have to wait any longer for a reply, I might just cancel the second order and order again when the prices go down again. So there  bear_tongue  Sierra Meadows!

Eileen

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I feel I need to appoligize to everyone who are having trouble getting your orders.  Gail can tend to be disorganized but is honest.  This is one of the big reasons I was hesitant to consider buying the business from her.  I fear there are too many unhappy customers out there.  I do know that all of her good staff walked out on her awhile back so if there is anyone there other than Gail it is probably someone who does not know much about the business.  Just keep on top of your orders and keep contacting her, she will eventually get you taken care of.  I'm sorry you are all having trouble!
Donna

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Donna, what a gem you are.  First you lead us to a great bargain -- I got my mohair a while back without much delay or problem, but one piece was out of stock -- and now, you're apologizing for things totally out of your control.

I'm happy to hear the story behind the events, or at least the potential story... but there's no guilt or responsibility for you to take on in this.

Thank you, anyway, for being such a great caretaker, and for stepping up to the plate.  It was a well-intended impulse on your part, and that's never a bad thing. bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Donna, Donna,

Take on no guilt over this. Here we are, whinging over a bit of delay, when we're getting the stuff at 50% off, and poor Gail is probably tearing her hair out.

I've decided I'm just being silly. I'll be cool from now on!

Eileen

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Eileen, you are right.  In retrospect I should have kept my mouth shut yesterday.  I was angry and should have thought before I spoke.  Based on what Donna said, I feel bad now.  I'm sure Gail is trustworthy and overwhelmed.  I would have been happy if I just got a response , even one saying they are overwhelmed.   I'm usually patient....I must have been having a bad day !

My apologies for my harsh comments previously  :redface:

Brockville, Ontario

I will try to wait patiently as well. I don't mind waiting so much as not hearing anything. Customer service is an important part of any business.
:P
Marion

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

My order came right away but I ordered right away... they are probably busy moving things for their move and are probably swampped with orders from their website bear_original I am very impatient so I undertand getting antsy waiting for something, especailly when someone has your money and you are just waiting for your items! bear_original

As Donna said, things will arrive and get sorted out bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: WooHoo!!

I just got my first order from SierraMeadows! Now I feel like a complete baddy for complaining . . .
the only downside is that the Hubs got to the door just after I did, dang, and got to watch me handing over $23 in Canadian taxes and duty. He just sighed. Oh, well.

Don't feel bad, Tammy. I was in there with everybody else, complaining at the top of my lungs!   :whistle:

Got to go open my box . . . :dance:

Eileen

Brockville, Ontario

hopefully I'm not hit with customs & duty. I try to keep my orders under $25 and that's easy with the 50% sale!

Marion

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Donna, I think you made a wise decision not buying her out as you would have had a lot of hard work ahead of you earning customers back.

There are two sides to every story and I'm glad you cleared some of this up for us.

My first order went through without a hitch. And I will place another order when her next sale starts 11/24 but I'll know not to expect it for a few weeks!!

Thanks you!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

A few of you who have ordered for Sierra Meadows mentioned using paypal. When I'm on the website I don't see paypal as an option. I think I'd like to try my luck and make an order but I'd really like to use paypal if that's an option.

Board footer