Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Hi All ,
I just got off the phone from Vicki - she wanted to let us all know that she probably won't be posting for a while
as she got home late from Hugglets to find her home was burgled and cleared out  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked
Poor Vicki ! They took laptops , xbox , PSPs pretty much all her kids stuff , electrical stuff ; even food from the cupboards ,then trashed the place
upstairs and down .
It was a mercy they left all her animals alone though  :pray:  After such a lovely day it must have been a terrible shock ! bear_cry  bear_cry
I'm sure we all send her the biggest bear-hugs and sympathies .

take care Vicki -- we'll speak to you soon  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Ruth

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Oh dear! How horrible!

Lots of hugs for you, Vicki!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Thanks Ruth, for telling us...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Oh no, how awful!! What a terrible thing to happen to you, I can't believe it. So sorry Vicki, I hope you sort yourselves out very soon. I'll be thinking of you.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Best wishes

Lisa

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a deplorable thing to happen!  I'm so very sorry for her and her family - hope their belongings can be found and the culprit(s) get what they have coming.  I trust she had insurance.  What a mess to come home to after her Hugglets experience.  I'm so glad they left the pets alone . . . at least they had some conscience.  Big, big hugs to Vicki!  :bday:  :cake:  :bday:  :cake:  :bday:  :cake:  :bday:  :cake:  :bday:  :cake:

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

I only met Vicki for the first time yesterday, and we were all having such a wonderful time ; you just never dream of such a
terrible thing happening do you ? Although they're all pretty much devastated they're holding on to the fact that these are
replaceable "things" when it comes down to it - family and animals are fine . From what she said even the long waits for police
attendance is a trauma ; nothing can be moved or cleaned .
She is keeping her spirits up though , and laughed when she told me her hubby's music collection was (again) left untouched !  bear_rolleyes

I sincerely hope it's not long before they can sort everything .

Ruth

Studio44 Studio 44
UK

So very sorry Vicki, what a dreadful thing to have happened. My thoughts are with you and hope that you can come to terms with the awful trauma.
Sending good wishes.
bear_cry  :hug:  bear_cry  :hug:  bear_cry  :hug:

Dorothy

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Oh lord, that is terrible! I'm at least glad to hear they didn't hurt any pets.. Some little bastards in Camrose broke into someones house a few months ago and killed the peoples cat in a very horrible way.
Sending hugs for Vicki and her family.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs,
Melanie

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

What an awful thing to happen  bear_sad  bear_sad

Huge beary hugs to you and your family Vicki  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs
Janice

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Vicki,
I'm so sorry for you and your family.
I'm thinking of you.
Love Kayx. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Oh.. my goodness...poor Vicki!  bear_cry  bear_cry  What a terrible thing to happen!  bear_angry
This is a something that my husband aways worries about ...as we actually advertise the fact the we are going to be out on a certain day attending an event. Thank goodness the animals are OK...lots of hugs to Vicki and her family. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Yvonne  bear_flower

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Dear Vicki, what a dreadful thing to come home to.  Thinking of you  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Pauline

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

OMIGOSH, how absolutely awful.  And what a painful irony, that someone with such a warm/fuzzy heart, off at a bear event all day, would come home to such callous mistreatment.  There's no justice in the world sometimes; bad things happen to good people.  It just seems so... unfair.

Vicki, if there's anything I can do to help out, please let me know.

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for letting us know about poor Vicki.  I was having a nice long chat with her late afternoon at Hugglets and we'd all had a lovely day.  Then something like that happens.  Words fail me at times like this, I just can't work out how people's minds work, how they can live with themselves.   It's brilliant to know that the pets are all safe though and no-one has been hurt, but even so .......  what the hell are things coming to these days.

Please let Vicki know if you speak to her again Ruth that we are thinking of her and just hope that things can get sorted out and back to normal for her and the family.   

Take care.

Marilyn

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

This is terrible. I used to have a menswear shop and we got ramraided (car through window) a few times but its nothing like this, your own home. So sorry.  :hug:

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Oh What terrible news....poor Vicki and her family  bear_cry  big hugs and thinking of you all :hug:
Thank you Ruth for letting us know... bear_wub
Hugs Lynne  :hug:

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

How completely and utterly disgusting!!  bear_angry  bear_angry God I hate some people- what a terrible thing to do! I hope that this wasn't pre-meditated: do you think people could decide to rob you on the basis that you would definitely be elsewhere?  I know there's worry over people writing on Facebook when they'll be on holiday and so on, but really we should be able to say we're going to a fair without getting robbed!!!

I really hope that the police manage to track your possessions, Vicki- I'm ever so sorry for you and your family...

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I am so sorry Vicki that you have had to face this awful situation.  It is something we all dread to come across and it must have been such a terrible shock to come home and find this has happened.  Take care and I hope that life is a little kinder to you now.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Sorry to hear this Vicki-what a horrible thing to come home to :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Laurie :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh no !   bear_shocked  How horrible  Vicki .  You all must be heartbroken, and feel so violated .   Thank God your family and pets are o.k.  All this after having your car window smashed too.   I'm sending many hugs your way, and wish I could do something to help.    :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Oh Vicky what a shock to come home to after a lovely day. I am so sorry that you have had to go through this dreadful situation, there is nothing I can do to make you feel better but just know  I am sending  you big hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

So sorry Vicki -  there are such low life people out there to do such a thing.

Sending hugs your way and I hope for better days ahead.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Vicki, I'm sorry to hear you had to come home to this after having been at Hugglets all day. I can sympathize with how you are feeling as I had this happen to me many years ago. I do hope the police catch these low lifes.

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: 

Hugs,

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_angry  I've had this happen before ~ twice!   bear_angry   Karma baby, Karma.  In the meantime I hope their wretched fingers fall off, or caught by their parents, they get a good hiding  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry 

bear_sad  I am so, so truly sorry it happened after your Hugglets experience.  It won't mean a whit, but believe me ...the going away for Hugglets didn't cause it. Nutters would have done it not matter what.   :hug:  I'm only glad your family wasnt' harmed.  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Vicki, I am soooo sorry about the breakin!  Thank god the animals are okay!!!!!!!!!!!!  It must feel terrible to know strangers were going through your personal things. bear_angry I hope they catch them!  Thinking about all of you!

hugs, :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Vicki- so sorry this has happened to you. What a shock to come home and find your place a mess and your possessions gone. Having also had this happen to us it is a real invasion of your privacy and you never really feel good about leaving your home again. It is to be hoped that the police find the perpetrators and I am so glad your pets are ok as some intruders will harm them in order to keep them quiet
Hugs
Gail :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer