Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

bear_grin  Some beary sweet people have been asking about me, the pregnancy and of course the baby.
I obviously have not been around a whole lot. I am busy trying to teach and make a few bears here and there. I am doing well, trying to enjoy the changes to my body.  :redface:

The pregnancy is coming along just fine. I am 21 weeks along. My belly looks more like its a baby belly than a "too many Krispy Kremes" belly. I have gained some weight and am sleeping worse. No problems to complain about.

The baby is kicking me daily. We had an ultrsound last week to make sure all the fingers and toes were there!
Of course during that process they saw what sex it was.

Did you want to know?

Huh?

I don't hear you all begging to know......

Maybe I should wait to tell you all...

Unless of course you need to know to knit it a hat or booties, or makeit a bear.........

Well, I guess I can share.......IT'S A GIRL!!!

babypinkpic.jpg

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Kirsten,  If you need anything let me know.  What are you having? :hug: :hug: Jenn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

YAHOOOOOO - - - it's a GIRL!!!  Yea for you Kirsten . . . I have two girls and they are wonderful!!  But then I'm sure boys are wonderful, too . . . as Shelli would tell you.  Thanks for sharing baby's first photo with all her aunties and uncles.  Have you picked out a name?  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh Kirsten,that's awesome big hugs to you  :hug:  :hug: I don't know how you do it,I'm barely manageing to get any bears made while teaching every day and I'm exhausted and not even pregnant.Thank-you so much for sharing the news,please take good care and get plenty of rest.  bear_flower  bear_flower  :hug:  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh I am so excited to hear the bubby is a girl!! YAY!!

I'm so excited for you, thanks for the update. I'm sure everyone (myself included) has been thinking about you!

Danni

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Kirsten :hug: I'm so happy for you!! I have a small daughter and it's just what I wanted (you know what I mean... :redface:)
Nice pict! First one!  bear_grin :love:

HUGGS,
Julia.
:hug: bear_innocent :pray: Take care!!!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Congrats, Kirsten!  A little girl is so exciting!  She better like bears!  bear_grin  When we have kids, it's pink bears for the girls and blue bears for the boys.  bear_original  Like SueAnn said, does she have a name yet?

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is wonderful news Kirsten and I have been wondering how you were getting on.
Little baby girls are so sweet as you can dress them in beautiful pink and lace dresses.
Our first baby was a  girl - and I was so happy as my husband had come from a family
of 5 boys so I thought the chances of us having a girl were a bit slim. Now she is 16!

Take good care of yourself and try and get a lot of rest.

Hugs
Carolyn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

WooooHoooo  this is very exciting.....congratulations.......savor every moment, my love, because it is so very precious.....

Dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

CONGRATULATIONS!!!    bear_grin   A GIRL!    bear_flower   YIPPEEEEE!!!

And just as good to hear is that over all you are doing very well.
Yes, Auntie Daphne and Cousin Oliver think about you often!
Thank you for taking the time to give us an update. We miss you!

BIG HUGS!!
Daphne & Oliver

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Congratulations Kirsten ♪ Happy 21th week !  :thumbsup:
It's a girl !!! Yay !!!  bear_wub bear_flower 

:hug: Hugs/Marie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow Kirsten, she has your nose!    bear_original  Great to see a picture of your little girl. Take care and do keep us updated with any news about the baby. I've two beautiful daughters (and three sons) so I know just how excited you must feel about seeing your daughter.

Big hugs from Auntie Jane..........for the baby.  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Jane   bear_original bear_original bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_flower Hugs from Auntie Eileen, too  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I can tell already that she's a beauty!!

We've got 3 daughters. Hubs comes from a family of 3 sons, and I come from a family of 3 daughters. He prefers daughters. According to him, and his brothers, there's an old Scottish saying that goes, "Anyone can raise a son, but it takes a real man to raise a daughter"! I have no idea what this means, but I guess a man would!

Eileen

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

YAY! PEANUT IS A GIRL!!!! Congrats!!!  :hug:  :hug:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I am truly madly deeply happy for you Kirsten

Baby01c.gif

I JUST KNOW she will be a little........Animation1i.gif

Thank you for sharing the scan with us all Kirsten - i feel like a long distance auntie  :hug:

Take it easy and enjoy the pregnancy sweetie

Auntie Penny  bear_tongue

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Great! I am so happy for you! I hope everything will be find with your pregnancy...
But don't be too active and take time to rest when your are too tired! I know it's not easy to stop everything and to rest (my own cousin was unable to rest and had problems so she has now to be very careful because she is 6 months pregnant).

I am jealous of all these people around me who are pregnant. My sweatheart and myself cannot afford a baby because we have a too low income and none of us has a permanent job... Still have to wait!!!

bear_wub :hug:
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

WOOOHOO Kirsten!!!! It's such a relief to actually SEE the baby, isn't it!!!!!  And, if I'm not mistaken.... she has Mommy's propensity for sticking out her wee little tongue!!!!  :P
Just kidding.... I do SO love that wacky picture of you Kirsten!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

OHHHH!!! Happiness is little baby girls.  :hug: I have two daughters, They are the best. ( Most days)

Congratulations. so Happy for you. bear_wub bear_flower

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Kirsten I am so happy for you!  Yes, DO enjoy your pregnancy.  I just loved the feeling of my little Jen rolling around in my tummy bear_original  I'm so very very happy that things are going well!

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Hey you all!
Thanks so much for the sweet comments and encouraging words.

I feel so wonderfully blessed to be pregnant and having a girl is the icing on the cake. My mom and I have a really cool close relationship. She's my best girlfriend. I can't wait to have something similar with my own daughter.

My hubby has already bought a few pink outfits for her. He really wants to do things girlie, but I have to live with all the girlie stuff and am trying to keep him within limits (NO PINK WALLS)

Jenn - I could use some sanity and some sleep!

I'm not sure about the nose thing - my hubby has a totally cute nose, but the sticking out of the tongue is probably right on!

She sure is a kicker and measuring on the high end of the scale! She wallops me good all day. During the ultrasound we could see her feet flinging all over!

I really need to get some rest so I can make her and my nephew a bear. Well, maybe forget the nephew.......  LOL

I feel so loved that you all care about my precious peanut baby.

By George, this little girl will be making bears one day if I have a say in things...  She'll have to come to bears shows with me!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I love that you called her your "peanut baby."  My husband (at the time) and I called our wee fetus, "grommet," hoping he would be a great surfer someday.  My girlfriend called her baby, "acorn."

Pregnancy is such a wonderful adventure, and what follows, even moreso.  I'm so happy things are going well for you!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Congratulations Kirsten :hug: ...Enjoy it all because it goes by so fast...next thing you know they are all grown up.  You're probably sick of hearing that already but it's sooooooo true.

Shantell

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Big congrats to you.
Such a gift you have

Heather

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow Congrats Kristen, get all the rest you can and take care of yourself.  bear_original

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Kirsten I'm so happy for you.  I just love the ultrasound picture.  It's amazing what you can see, and so reassuring that there is actually someone inside there.   Wait until she grows a bit more and starts to move around a lot.  That is such a strange but wonderful experience watching her ripple across your belly. Or, having to push a limb out from under your ribs !  I loved being pregnant -except having to go to the bathroom all the time   :lol:!
Enjoy it as much as you can .

Board footer