Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

I'm bringing this thread back up to the first page to remind you to please keep voting!
Voting continues until Oct 19
bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

As many of you already know my 20 year old daughter, Kellisa, has Cystic Fibrosis. Despite being in and out of the hospital she has managed to remain a full time college student. But I can't afford to pay for her University costs with my Teddy Bears so she really needs to win scholarships. This scholarship is from one the the drug companies that makes one of her CF meds. Kellisa's goal is to become a Counselor and possibly specialize in working with children and young adults who are also dealing with terminal diseases.

As you will see, Kellisa worked really hard on her artistic presentation and essay to enable her to become a finalist for this $10,000 Scholarship. Now she has to depend on votes to win the scholarship. The voting begins today Sept 15 and ends Oct 15. You can vote more than once... but you can only vote once a day from each computer.

So, if you remember, please vote daily and pass this link along to your friends so they can vote too.

Here is the link:

http://www.solvaycaresscholarship.com/w … lisa-m.php

I'm also going to start a thread in the "Bear Hugs" section. And I will be posting reminders every week until Oct 15.

Kellisa really needs your votes to help her finish school. It will just take a minute of your time, so please please help her.

Thank you with bear hugs~
Kathy Myers

Update:
Wow! Thank you all for such a great response! As requested, I will post weekly reminders for the next month.

I know that some of you have had problems Voting because there wasn't a voting button on Kellisa's page. Since they only allow one vote a day from each computer, the voting button will disappear until the next day when it should reappear. This did not happen for some of you, so I've contacted Solvay to report the problem....but please keep trying!

I'd like you to meet Kellisa, as seen through the eyes of her best friend who created this video for You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zubLQw-gOvA

Thanks again....all of you are wonderful !!!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Kathy

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Kathy,
      Absolutely!  We have three computers in our house, so I can vote 3 times a day.   Our son has gone back to university this year and I know how much it costs and I believe that Canadian costs are less that U.S. costs. Fingers crossed that she will win!

hugs,

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Kathy,

Yes, I will surely vote for your daughter.

Best of luck Kellisa - I hope that you win your scholarship.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

What an amazing young lady, and her essay and artwork is very good. 1st vote done. Will pass on to friends too. I can think of many people that can take a leaf out of her book.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

She's got my vote!  I've already passed the info onto my personal mailing list and asked they send onto anyone they think would vote daily :)

:hug:
~Chrissi

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_wub  She makes my own kidney troubles pale in comparison!!! I'm voting for her for every day I can.  What an inspirational, beautiful young woman  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I will most certainly vote every day!  Please do remind us though bear_original  I know how hard it can be to win those scholarships.  My daughter only gets a very little bit - and we are grateful for that.  I am also grateful that we are able to afford what isn't covered.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ditto for me, too.  I posted in the "Bearhugs" section.

K Pawz Guest

I will vote as well every day! but like Laura said a little reminder would be great!

hugs,
Krista

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Me, too. Kellisa sounds like a very stong person. I wish her well in the scholarship effort.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Have voted today and will every day. I hope she wins the scholarship as she  certainly is deserving of it-loved her poem and art work . You go girl!!!!
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Absolutely Kathy....Kellisa has my vote and I've passed it on too!  bear_thumb She is a beautiful girl how proud you must be  bear_wub lots of good luck wishes
Hugs Lynne  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Have done, and what an emotional piece she has written  bear_cry  ....hugs Kelissa, you touch my heart  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I voted too...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Lakewood CA
Website

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

I just updated my original thread and added a You Tube link, so you can "meet" Kellisa as seen through the eyes of her best friend. I hope you will take a look.

Here is the You Tube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zubLQw-gOvA

bear_flower
Kathy

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Kathy,

I've added Kellisa's link to six other links that I make sure I click on every morning when I turn the computer on which means it is so easy to remember.

I sincerely hope Kellisa does really well, she surely deserves it.

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I voted yesterday, but there's no 'vote for me link' on Kellisa's page today, there does seem to be on other pages though.

Hugs, Jane.    bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

I'm voting too, and will pass on the link.............if anyone deserves this scholarship, it's Kellisa!
huggies
Maria

Lakewood CA
Website

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Thank you all so very much!!!!

Yes, there was a problem on Tuesday with the "Vote for Me!" button on some of the pages (including Kellisa's) but I contacted Solvay and they fixed the problem.

So please keep voting as often as possible.

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Kathy

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Yes, Kathy, I was able to vote yesterday and have again today. I will follow through every day. Good luck to Kellisa.

Lynn Wisconsin

Just voted Kathy, sending this on to family and friends.  Good Luck Kellisa!!!!!

Lynn

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

She shall get a click from me and will pass the link on to friends.  bear_thumb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Good luck Keliisa!  bear_flower  I have voted again today and will pass this message on to my friends.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I just popped in for another click. Anything to keep the kid at school. We dont want her wandering the streets and getting upto mischief. bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

I've been voting each day.  I really hope your daughter wins the scholarship.  Keep reminding us to vote please!!!

Board footer