Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

elizabeth-copy-2.jpgTry as I might I can't get anything done today.....my little grand-daughter Elizabeth is the focus of my attention. She makes my heart leap every time I see her....it's a wonderful relationship.

I need to get on with the bears but who could resist a game or two with her...

Jenny

Deb Upstate New York

Jenny ~

She's adorable; absolutely.  I'd put down my bear in heartbeat to play with Elizabeth.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

couch.jpgAnd here's what I've been doing today.

She is an absolute doll.  I don't blame you one bit.

Deb Upstate New York

HA!  Good one Shelli!  bear_grin

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

She is adorable Jenny, I bet you're a real pround Nanna, Granny, or whatever the going ID is.

Jane  bear_original

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I want one too.....

Marion

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh GollyGeeWhizzikins Jenny, if i had her to play with I wouldn't do anything at all except be with her.....what a precious wonderful gift you have there......good for you and I am so happy for you that you have this littlekin to brighten your live and bask in your love.  Wnderful!~

bear_tongue

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh...look at that little face...THAT's why I can hardly wait to be a grandma...

warwickshire uk
Website

I don't know whether I'm to be a nana, nannie, granny, grandma...as all we get right now is babble! I guess they find their own name for you...as one of my customers husbands ended up being called Bam-Bam and the childish version of Grandad has stuck for 18 years!!

My second grand-child is due next week.........!!!!! Double joy!!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shantell, is, "I can't wait to be a grandma" REALLY the message you want to be sending to your two hot young boys? You do realize, I imagine, what that would ENTAIL, on their part?

:rolleyes:

bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

bear_innocent

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh yeah...I'm aware...  bear_shocked   It was bad enough as a kid realizing that you parents did that kind of stuff...but even worse as a parent of children old enough to...  bear_wacko   bear_wacko   bear_wacko

So, this is between us...I'm not telling them I feel that way...and I have a daughter too so I just take a deep breath every time I hear one of them say, "Mom, I need to talk to you...."

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

shantell wrote:

I just take a deep breath every time I hear one of them say, "Mom, I need to talk to you...."

HA! bear_original bear_tongue

Hey, my time is coming.  My boys are sweetness and light and innocence, still, at 10 and 12.  But I'm all too aware it won't last.  My older one is in 7th grade.  If he knew what I was doing in 7th grade... <snickering>... he would be utterly grossed out.  THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT!!!

When he thinks, instead, "Ohhhh... interesting....... I should try that myself...." that's the day I start having a drinking problem.

bear_grin bear_tongue bear_grin

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Elizabeth is so cute, and I'm not a baby person. My daughter is 10 so the grandma thing is hopefully ages off. You don't look old enough Jenny, and no I'm not creeping, look at Jenny's web site. You must be a young nana.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Elizabeth is adorable and now you're having another??  Lucky Jenny!!

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Ooohh!!
I do love little people like this little cutie  bear_original bear_original
You must adore Elizabeth Jenny  bear_original
:hug:
Anne

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh Jenny, Elizabeth is adorable... No wonder she makes your heat skip a beat - she would mine too! Lucky lady!

Danni

warwickshire uk
Website

Goodness knows Amanda I feel old enough this week to be a Great-Grandma...I have had a nasty dose of flu or something  and I can tell you there will be very few bears on my table at the NEC on Sunday!!!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

My goodness!!!
Love that face!!! Jenny you have a RRReally good excuse not to sew bears!!!
I've got the same excuse sometimes  :lol:

Julia

P/S. Shelli, your couch looks so cozy gotta take some sleep. bear_thumb

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

So, this is between us...I'm not telling them I feel that way...and I have a daughter too so I just take a deep breath every time I hear one of them say, "Mom, I need to talk to you...."

Shantell,  the above reminds me when my youngest son was 14 and I knew he had been 'active' (precocious). He came and said just those words one day. My heart sank and then he told me he had started smoking! I breathed a sign of relief and then realized that the smoking was almost as bad.  :cry:

And as for not knowing what name you're going to have as a grandmother. My oldest daughter was the first grandchild for both sides. She started calling her grandmothers Bama and New Bama for my husband's mother. It stuck for all the following grandchildren (20). My mother passed away a couple of years ago and the name Bama will not be used again. I have become the surrogate grandmother for my youngest (20 yr difference) sister and brother's children and they call me Granmer. If my own children ever produce that's the name I'll keep!
  :pray:
Marion

Pipa UK

Aww what a cutie pie !!!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Cute as a button indeed  :clap:

Board footer