Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

G'day........The day before the Teddybear and Critters Australasian online show was due to start my computer decided that it no longer wished to boot itself up. aarrrgghhhh..... two trips to the computer shop and it was back home tucked in safe and sound for the online show due to commence in the early hours the next morning.(I live in Perth WA. We're behind the world here bear_grin )
Anyway......1 hour and 20 minutes into the show my computer decides that that is all it wants to do for the day and CLOSES DOWN!...aarrggghhhh..........and there was absolutely nothing I could do.  Being helpless isnt a good feeling.      I waited until 8am to phone a neighbour.(thats what they do on 'Do you want tobe a millionaire'? where it seems I have learnt all my life skills.  emergency ones anyway) Make a phone call and someone will come to your rescue... let me tell you....it works. My neighbour came to my rescue. What a sweetheart. He got online and tracked down a phone # for me. Then I was able to speak to Sandi, LIVE. bear_grin
Andy boy can I natter bear_grin  bear_grin ................Sandi was a darl about it all and then I found myself privileged in making a sale via phone with a new collector...... Which was excellent. I think I shall encourage it at the next show.  It's  quicker and far more pleasant than email.
ANYWAY........9am comes and I'm back on the phone to my computer guy who says that he can build me something before the day is out.............speed to 3pm and I'm back online. Total upgrade, all new programs.
No way accessing outlook express...aarrgghhh. No info in this computer at all. Its a total blank canvas.(bigpond refused to allow me into my webmail bear_cry )
Where do I start?....what do I do?...where do I go first?..... :crackup: I found the google search page and noticed GMAIL. I registered and got myself GMAIL  :dance:  :dance: It turned out to be the best move for me. The internet started to allow me access after this point. Go figure. (I have no idea why this would be other than it is what happened )...........This new machine is having a few teething problems but nothing too major. I can handle things until my computer guy gets back from holidays. Which he starts today. Way too convenient if you ask me..................I only have a few email address's and since I cant get into my webmail ..still.. it leaves me unable to notify all my friends that my email address has changed.
I have altered the address in my profile here and will do this in other forums....I also dont have links to these other forums either so TT is invaluable. Thanks TT for being here bear_wub
The quickest and easiest way to collect the address's from my friends is if you email me so I can collect your address's into my address book. So no emailing from TT. Go to your email program to do it please.  Don't assume I don't want to hear from you, because I do!!! :pray: (the link will be at the bottom of this post)
SO what could have been a disasterous weekend didnt turn out not too bad at all.  I got a wonderful surprise when a TT friend phoned me from germany. It was just the best time chatting. I am going to get that computer phone hook up because I want to chat, natter, chatter, talk my way around the bear world.  :crackup:
and if you didnt read all this? no hard feelings....just email me please?
matildahuggington@gmail.com
PS: I had 8 critters available and sold 7. Only one wee Puddle remained. Then after paying for two days of computer hassle I made NO profit..... bear_cry OH well that's life folks bear_thumb

What did I learn from all this?...........
Adelaide is getting Pandas :dance:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Wendy, what a story!!  And all while you were involved in the online show!   bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  Big congrats for your 7 sales . . . that's terrific!  At least you're not in a financial hole courtesy of the computer problems.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

awww wendy, naughty naughty computer   bear_angry  but im glad the show went good for you , if you like chatting rather than typing, msn messanger has a live call feature then all you need is a head set with microphone and your all set bear_original myself i prefer typing over talking but the best thing about it is its free and way easier to set up than skype , well i found anyway

hope soon that all your pc troubles are a distant memory  bear_grin otherwise give it a good boot for me

WA

Thanks for you support Ladies :hug:  Natasha I had no idea I could live chat on MSN? well they think of everything dont they? bear_grin  It is something I will look into. bear_thumb
Computer problems still not over. It may be external bear_wacko
Wendy

teeeej Brisbane

I hope your computer problems get fixed quickly Wendy. You should try MSN - I use it all the time.

I'm glad to hear you still managed to sell almost all of your lovely creations - especially Trev because I bought him  bear_tongue :love:

Therese

WA

TREV is on his way Therese :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

You poor LOV, But you done extremelly weel with the show Bonus!!! I still what a Bo with tweety. By the way we are going to the zoo on the weekend, They just happen to be promoting free entry to red heads, Which I am and 2 of my kids are. So we are going. But can't wait for those Pandas, and hope you can come over so we can meet, that would be great. You may have to bring a BO and tweety wth you though LOL

WA

I cant wait to see the Pandas Peta. My parents live in Sth Aust so it will be a visit with a double purpose.  bear_grin
and I would love to meet you bear_thumb So it will have to be a date. :dance:

Board footer