Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hey all!

Just wanted to give ya'll a heads up... if you have a question for me, please email me.  I will probably not be getting to TT very often (or at least I should not be LOL!)

Besides trying to get ready for the show in 9 days.... hubby and I just had a house opportunity dropped into our laps that we may not be able to pass up.  Going to go thru the #'s this week... but we were not planning on moving for over a year..so I'm REALLY not ready... much less quickly.  Besides packing there's several things we need to fix in our home before putting it on the market.  To top that off I am behind on my bookkeeping too  :cry:

Let ya know what's going on if it's a go....

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A new house sounds really exciting, Laura!!!  We will miss you lots, but understand the situation . . . good, good luck!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

We'll miss you, but sounds like you just can't pass that up!!
Sure does sound like you have alot of things to do, good luck! It will all be worth it in the end.

Heather

Deb Upstate New York

Pop in whenever you can!  Very exciting news!  I'll email chase updates, LOL!  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Sounds very exciting Laura Lynn. Good luck, whatever happens, I hope it happens for the best.

We'll miss you!
Danni

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Sounds very exciting , Laura...and tons of work.  You'll have your hands full for sure.....please don't forget about us! bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub :hug: :hug: :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh My Goodness Laura Lynn, I hope the numbers are favorable for you.....very exciting news indeed......we will miss you terribly, but happy to know it will be for such a wonderful reason......and

Good luck on your show-as if that alone weren't enough excitement!

Do keep us posted about both though

don't want to loose you.....

Dilu

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Laura, we will miss you !!  :cry:
Good luck to your next show & I wish I could help
you for moving.....  :hug:

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Awww thanks guys!    :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, shucks.  I hate losing your posts and company.  But for all the work it is, moving is exciting!  I love change!  It's an opportunity to re-design and re-arrange; something we bearmakers likely all find interesting and rewarding (in between bear projects, that is.)

Good luck and do keep us posted, and keep in touch as you can.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, you life is getting turned upside down before your eyes!
How exciting! I hope all works as you want it to and that you get through the sale of your home and move with ease!
Do keep us posted!
We'll miss you!
Hig Hugs,
Daphne
:hug:   :hug:   :hug:  :hug:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Sounds very exciting. Well, the new house part...not the packing part! I lived near Chicago for a while. We lived in Des Plaines and my daughter was born up there. Sure is different than my huge town now...population maybe 250!

Hope everything works out for you.
Sandi

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Laura how exciting!!!!  We will of course want pics :dance: :dance: bear_flower

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Shelli wrote:

Ilove change!

LOL!  Obviously I HAD to at least stop in and check posts real quick bear_original  As for change.... I've actually got quite a bit of anxiety about it.  I do love the new house... but if the numers don't work out I'm perfectly happy staying here right now too  bear_wacko

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi Laura,
I hope this all works out for you.Is it as close to the Schuamburg show????

So I haven't been on TT for a while. Which show are you getting ready for?
Good luck with it too.
TTFN
Amy

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: bear_flower Good luck, Laura,

Don't wear yourself out, come back soon and (since Dilu neglected to mention it), DON'T FORGET TO SHOW US PICTURES!!

Sandi! My parents used to live in Arlington Heights . . . not far from Des Plaines, as I remember.

Eileen

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Laura,

I hope everything works out for you!  Keep us updated if you can.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Good luck and I hope everything turns out for the best, Laura!  Maybe this is the house for you or maybe the perfect one's in your future a little further down the road, but I'm glad you're looking into it!  Good luck with your next show too, of course
:)

Hugs,
Kelly

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Thanks everyone!  Still plowing ahead here... the "new" house is in unincorporated Elgin (for those who know the Chicago area)... it's a little further away from the Schaumburg ABC show... but still close enough for me bear_original  (30 minutes)

It's a little bigger (1800 sq feet... whereas our current home is 1300)  and is on 3/4 acre.  And we can fence the yard for our whippet girls!  It has a 1 1/2 car attached garage for the T/A and..... a 3 1/2 car garage for hubby's shop!  The whole inside has been redone....

I didn't want a much bigger house... as that's lots more utilities and more to CLEAN!

We've already planned out where HIS cranes and stuff will be... and MY teddy bears LOL!!!!

Still not a done deal... but we are trying real hard... and already have 2 people possibly interested in our house even though we just thought about moving last Wednesday :wacko:

Hey there Amy!  The show I'm TRYING to get ready for is the Kane County Show November 20th.  I figured for the table cost of $75 I'd give it a shot... course,... that was before we started thinking about moving!

THanks everyone!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Laura,

Sounds SOOOO exciting!

My hubby is already planning an excavation project next to the house for a heated, oversized 2 car garage and workshop for his 'Stangs...... We just built our house last year and have a 2 car garage where I thought the beasts were living quite happily.

He'd be jealuos of your hubby's 3 car!!

I hope it all works for you. Sounds perfect. Can't wait to here the next update!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Laura,

All the very best for your next show and hope that the house numbers stack up and
you get to move - sounds very exciting.

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Thank you Daphne and Carolyn!

We signed the contracts last night!  Hubby has started the minor repairs our home needs before showing... I'm excited but also very tired from just thinking about all we need to do... and so quickly  bear_wacko

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ooooooo.... Yippeeeeeeee!!!   :dance:  :clap:  :dance:  :clap:

It sounds like all the work will be worth it in the end. When do you close on the new place??

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yahoo for you, Laura!  Sooooo exciting!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

LL, good luck!  Moving is so much hard work, but I always find the opportunity to recreate a living space from scratch to be exhausting AND invigorating.  Change can be fun.  I hope you'll enjoy the process, once you get past the box-packing.  I hate that part, for sure.

Enjoy!

Board footer