Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

DSCF0009-copy.jpgDSCF0010-copy.jpgDSCF0001.JPGMy boyfriend and I got engaged this weekend. Cute, but we own a house together, and have been together for 12 yrs so not suprising.
But he is such a sweetie, and writes much better than I do. I just wanted to share what he wrote for us to send friends and family.

Greetings to the important people in our lives.

A monumental occasion has occurred. After 12 years of good times, great memories and mutual growth, Heather Nicole Wing has accepted a marriage proposal from her beloved, Anthony Robert Klokocka.

The anticipated event took place on the Evening of Saturday November 5, 2005.

During the course of a seemingly innocent gathering of friends, Tony implemented his diabolical plan.

1 month prior to the fateful night, much research was conducted to find the perfect engagement ring and to devise the perfect misdirection, keeping our unsuspecting Heather completely in the dark.

With the token of professed love in possession, and all attendees in on the plan, the misdirection was put into play on the aforementioned night.

Heather was invited out on a car ride with one of her close friends who happened to invest a large amount of money in vehicle performance upgrades, allowing for the prefect excuse to get the "to-be-engaged" victim out of the house for 10 minutes.

Once at a sufficient distance, all parties involved leapt into action, preparing the bedroom with romantic lighting, scented candles and the most extravagant flower arrangement possible, all stored at another close by house to avoid any chance sightings by the lovely Heather.

Prior to Heather's return, the house was in a hush as the ring was passed around, inspected and ogled. Forced conversation ensued upon Heathers return, the shared excitement crackling in the air. Heather was quickly whisked upstairs to her chambers, hand in hand with her man. Suspicion was immediately etched on her face. While curiously looking at the candles and the massive flower filled vase at her bedside, Tony seized the opportunity to drop to one knee and profess his undying and unconditional love for this remarkable woman. Although filled with nervous trepidation, he knew what the answer would be, and of course, it was YES!

Shy, overwhelmed and joyful Heather inquired about all of the guests in the living room, "Now we have to go and tell all of them..." She left the rest unsaid.

Tony replies, "They already know... Come, and I'll introduce them all to my new fiancée.

And so it came to pass...

I've always wanted a very tacky Vegas wedding. So that's what we're going to do. My worst nightmare would be to have your typical wedding.

Okay, so thanks for reading,

Heather

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

AAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKK!  That's the cutest, most romantic thing I've ever read, and how clever and personal and original and sweet and geared JUST TO YOU, Heather.  Wow.  He's definitely a keeper.

Congratulations to you and your beloved.

Please share a picture of that "perfect engagement ring" if and when you get one.  It's so fun to see those sparklies!

Hugs,

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

You are too fast Shelli, just as  you posted this, I was adding the pictures.
Thanks, I'll make sure he reads your response.
He is a keeper,
I NEVER clean up after dinner nor do I do any laundry at all.  bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub
Heather

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations to the new fiancés!  bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub

Oh, what a romantic moment you must have spent Heather. for sure, you will never forget it! May your wedding be as beautiful as in your dreams...

bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Deb Upstate New York

HURRAY!  Congratulations Heather!  :hug:

Densteds Densteds
Website

Ohhh!! Heather, what a sweet man you have!! Big Congratulations..even after being together 12 years he hasn't lost that romantic spark!!!
Have a happy life together  :rose:

big hugs,
Denise.

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Heather
Congratulations  :dance: :dance:
Best wishes for your continued future together bear_flower bear_flower
:hug: :hug:
Anne

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Heather!!!!!!!!! That is fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Lovely ring!  Have a happy life together!

GO the tacky Vegas wedding.  Remember, photos photos photos!

Danni

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

YAY!  Congratulations!  How thoughtful and romantic of him!  You must share wedding pics!  I went the traditional and VERY EXPENSIVE way and went all out for my wedding.. my hubby and I are STILL paying on it!  LOL 

Anywho, a  big congrats and a big  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Congratulations Heather! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My hubsband proposed to me, one night, right after we milked cows together...it wasn't exactly mooooooooving but he has a heart the size of Texas. bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh wonderful, fantastic, exciting, thrilling news!  Woooohooooo!!!!

Hurray for HEATHER AND TONY!!!!! bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub

I am so happy for you......but I would imagine any teddy bear people would be secret romantics at heart!

How great!

:hug:

Dilu

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

imgannivwishes0.jpg003013a.jpgHeather!! Happy for you and Tony!!

bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub

Huggs, JUlia

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

What happy news you had to share Heather...congratulations to you and Tony  :clap:
12 years is a wonderful start of being together, and I hope you have many, many more wonderful memories to make!
Nancy

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Congratulations Heather & Anthony ♪♪♪♪
:clap: bear_flower :bday: :clap: bear_flower bear_wub :pray: bear_flower :bday:
:clap: bear_flower :bday: :clap: bear_flower bear_wub :clap: bear_flower :bday:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hooray for you, Heather!!  Such a wonderful, creative way to get engaged . . . you got a real sweetheart of a guy!
The ring is beautiful.  Do you have a date set for the wedding?

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Heather and Anthony congratulation :dance: bear_whistle may you have many happy times together bear_whistle

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My parents got married in Las Vegas, in sweats, and they're still together... 40-some-odd years later.   So you go girl! 

:)

PS  Beautiful ring; I love it.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub  Congradulations!!!  So happy for you!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :hug: :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow, Heather! What a guy!
If you've made it this far the rest of your life together will be a piece of cake!
Oh, I love happy news!!
Congratulations!
Have we seen a picture of Tony?
I think we should see one!
Right girls!?
Come on Heather! Show us the King of Romance and Written Word!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Congratulations Heather!  (oops and Tony  bear_grin )

The Vegas wedding will be a blast!  You go girl!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Many congratulations to you both...

Jenny bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

FANTASTIC  news Heather! A huge big congratulations to both of you.  bear_flower
Hey has Tony ever thought of going into  romantic writing for a job!
How romantic was that! Phew!
My husband never proposed to me at all. He doesn't know the meaning of being romantic. One day he said oh by the way were getting married on September 1st, can you sort out the rest, I booked the ceremony.
bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry
We're still together, many years have past, five kids later...oh well , that's my man... but I still love him!  bear_flower

Jane  bear_thumb

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Congrats Heather...  bear_flower

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Congratulations Heather and Anthony  :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OOOOuuuhhhh!!!!!! SHUCKS to lovely for words bear_flower bear_flower
CONGRATULATIONS :clap: :clap: :hug:

Board footer