Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_cry  It killed so many of our dogs and cats here in the US, before melamine (normally used in plastics, and as fertilizer) was discovered in the dog and cat foods. And I might add, it was found from high dollar 'quality' vet certified foods right through the bargain brands.

It would seem that China did not learn its lesson. And neither did the world. The corporations who need to dump this stuff simply slipped it into the dairy products. Surfacing first in infant formula (can you imagine?!   bear_angry   How can these people sleep at night?!) Now candys utilizing the milk products are coming up tainted as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081001/ap_ … y_melamine

I realize it may or may not have reached the UK/Europe yet, but please take care. Tainted candy has reached the US, and in Asia...I'd be watchful in Oz as well.  Nestle and Cadbury both have been admant its not in their products, but they are having people coming forth and saying otherwise. Better to be safe than sorry!

Seek your sweettooths from something made in your own country for the time being.   As for me, I'll pass on my chocs for awhile.   bear_sad   I have enough kidney troubles as it is!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thanks much for sharing, Debbie.  It's good to be aware of these unfortunate situations.

Board footer