Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

Today I got my issue of TBF, wow was it worth the wait! This has got to be the best issue ever!

:clap: The holiday layout is amazing. And a heartfelt thanks for including my little ellie in the Straw Poll article.

bear_wub
But Mindy, are you leaving us for dolls? I read your Editor's Note like always, and what's this about going to the dolly magazine??

bear_cry Say you are just going to be doing that for a little while, not leaving us forever! We will miss you terribly! Pam bear_tongue

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I haven't gotten my latest issue of TB&F yet but I had also heard a rumour that Mindy was going to the doll magazine and wondered about it. We really will miss you if you are leaving us Mindy!

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

yeppers! our miz Mindy is now the editor of TB&F's sister puplication, Doll Reader, but she says she'll still be active behind the scenes at TB&F

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

I was wondering about this as well.  I received a email newsletter from TBAF the other day and it listed someone else as the editor.  I was hoping that it was just a typo.  Mindy has done SOOOO much to make the magazine what it is today, so it will be a REAL shame to see her go.  Good luch with your future endeavors Mindy!!!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Wow yes Mindy you will be greatly missed for sure  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Shane

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

The fact she's still with Madavor Media somehow means, in my mind, that she's not too far away! :hug:

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

I just stumbled across this. Thank you for all of your good wishes. I have, as Kelly said, been promoted to editor-in-chief of Doll Reader. Kathryn Peck, the managing editor of Doll Reader, is taking over Teddy Bear and Friends. You're really going to like Kathryn. She's a great editor and journalist, and full of good ideas. She will bring a fresh perspective to the magazine and the teddy bear community.

Kathryn and I are both excited (and a little nervous) about the changes. We'll be helping each other plan issues and navigate our new communities, so you'll still see my name on the TBF masthead. You'll also see me at shows — I was just at Steiff on the Mountain and I'll be attending Hunt Valley on Nov. 2, for example. Kathryn will have all of my resources and I'll be available to her to answer questions and give advice as she settles in to the bear world. I hope all of you will help her as well.

Now for the maudlin bit: I've been with Teddy Bear and Friends for more than 14 years. I won't say I have loved every minute of it, because there have definitely been some challenges and rough spots ( bear_whistle ), but I have loved almost every minute. I have met hundreds of wonderful people and seen thousands of fabulous teddy bears (and friends!). I have been given some incredible opportunities, including traveling to Germany, England, Canada, and all over the U.S.; interviewing hundreds of amazing artists and entrepreneurs (and a few famous people) — and being interviewed myself by newspapers and magazines, and even appearing on TV; helping to start two publications; working behind the scenes on many shows; and celebrating the centennial of the teddy bear.

More than that, I have saved and posted in my office hundreds of your cards, notes, and e-mails over the years. You have told me that Teddy Bear and Friends has made a difference to you, and I cherish that. Those notes have meant the world to me, representing as they do all of the fantastic people I've had the privilege to work with in the bear world. So, thank you, friends. And see you soon!

bear_original Mindy

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug:  :hug:  All I can say is that you will be sorely missed  bear_cry   And absolutely the best of luck with your new venture!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   Where you've been is nothing compared to where you will be going.  Face your new adventure with a smile on your face, and the best of friends behind you softly clapping with teddy bear paws.   bear_thumb  bear_flower

Board footer