Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Birgitta's bears Uppsala, Sweden

DSC00318.JPGDSC00314.JPGDSC00308.JPG

This is my first bear I dare to show you all. 15.3 inches tall =39 cm.
It is made in german mohair wich I had colored by kool-aid Lime.
The eyes is german black glass and the nose I had made by Fimo clay.
I had used Promarker to make the brown shades in his face and on his ears.
He has an open mouth, it maybe difficult to see from the pics.

I am not a good friend with the camera but I tried to take some photos anyway.

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Bigge,

What a great bear. bear_grin
The feet are wow! bear_thumb
Don't hold back, show us more.

Love kayx. bear_wub  bear_wub

DSC00299.JPGThank you so much! bear_flower

Hugs 
Birgitta

Maybe I dare to show two more bears I had finnished this week.  bear_grin

Frida Lidköping, Sweden

Great work Birgitta!  :clap:
Mycine colour is so cool!  :dance:
I hope you will continue to show more of your bears!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

You have a really interesting style. I am eagerly awaiting to see more bears by you. bear_thumb  :dance:  :dance:
Wendy

You had made my morning!
Thank you so much for the nice comments!

hugs Bigge

BearMeToo BearMeToo
Sweden
Website

Aaaahhh what a wonderful bear...... bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

I love the colours you have used and the nose is so cute.....
Please show us more.....

Bear Hugs

Ann-Marie
BearMeToo

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

A very sweet bear, great color combination, and very adorable face
Joanne

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Mycine is wonderful, Birgitta!  bear_wub  His feet are very well done & you've captured a style all your own.  I like the picture with your cat too... they look like great friends!  bear_grin

Thank you so much for the great comments.
I discovered two days ago cut out pattern of a big bear in alpaca lying in a plastic bag in my wardrob?! I had forgotten all about the bear I was going to sew to have on my new bed. So many things has happend during the summer so my mind was totally blank about what the plastic bag inhold when I saw it. Well, now I had sew it together and jointed the big bear ("19" tall) but still not finnished... and by the way it´s my first own drawn pattern!
DSC00323.JPG

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

It is looking wonderful so far!   bear_wub  I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!  Great job on creating your own pattern!   :clap:  :clap:

Thank you so much Melissa, you are so kind with your comments on my bears!  :hug:
I had no idea how the pattern would be on the finnish line but if I may say so I am very satisfied with the outcoming! l  bear_thumb bear_grin
It had been a joy of fun to put this bear together, though it´s very big.
I have to order big glass eyes, I have just tiny ones lying in my sawbox.
My little kitten had alredy tasted his fur so I don´t think I will be able to have it on my bed!!!  :crackup:
Maybe I will sell it when I am finnished?  bear_grin

And yes it`s my daughter, when she was 3 month old, on the tiny photo in the background. I can´t believe how 14 years can be disapear so fast!
To have a teenager in the house you will know that you still are alive! :pray:  bear_grin
DSC00325.JPGDSC00324.JPG

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Great job!!!! Can't wait to see him finished!!!!!!

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Birgitta, Looks like your bears are coming along fine!  Love the feet and nose on the first one...The second one has very original  color choices....very nice!  Your pattern looks great and can stand up!  :clap:    Your kitten is precious...lot's of fun I bet....

Hugs,
    JeannieB bear_original

Thank you so much! I am a swedish women not used to get credit for my work  bear_shocked bear_happy My cheeks turns red  :redface: bear_original
I still haven´t been able to come on any further on my second bear. I can´t decide how to attached the eyes or wich one I shall have on the bear. If it shall be a girly or a boy bear? I hope I will have some free time tomorrow to get the bear finnished atleast solve the eye problem. And then it is the ears! How I want the ears to be?!  Fold, big, long or in two colours? The easy part it´s to saw the bears together the hardest part is to finnish it with all the sculpting!!! Puuuh! bear_wacko

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Ahhh, so your other post is only your second bear?  wow!  so much detail! Congratulations, they are wonderful!!! bear_wub

Thank you for the nice comment!
I had sewn a few bear since I started to make them last year but I have a hard time to get them to look professional made! So hard to make them symetric and cute some looks like they just met the devil! I had only dared to show three bears that I had just finnished so far but one of them isn´t finnished yet... I am still a newbie yet of sculpting the faces of the bears and to make the body jointed symetric...

Board footer