Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

IMG_0611.JPGOk my husband has had the bright idea of starting my Koala bear off at a very low start, about a dollar. Hmm....I have never done this and so might give it a go. I have always gone for the least I'm prepared to receive. I think maybe artists with a following can get away with this but me? Still at the worst someone  gets Richey for less than I want, but he stills sells. I will put him on in a few hours, but if you have any thoughts on the matter I would be interested. I might chance it as an experiment, we'll see.

Deb Upstate New York

Amanda ~

I tried that and quickly realized that unless you're well established with returning collectors bidding on your bears, it's pretty risky.  Still it's a little intriguing to see just what would happen.  Let us know what you decide.  Good luck!    bear_thumb

Pipa UK

Well Koalas are really popular on ebay so you might do well but from past experienece watching bears on ebay i have seen some start of at $1 and not reach much more amazingly !!!!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Amanda, maybe you could protect it with a reserve? It would be a shame for Richey to go for too low a price!

Staffordshire, UK

My other bear did not sell, so I will try it. I don't know about the reserve as it can put people off. What the heck it will give us a laugh if nothing else when it goes for peanuts! Poor Richey is going to be my trial bear, there is a good chance it will backfire but at least I've tried it. I'll put a link in the sales section and we can all see what happens. Hee hee I'm quite looking forward to it in a kind of daft way.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Amanda, I think that's the right attitude to have as far as eBay's concerned! At least it's more fun! If you really need a bear to sell for a certain price then it's sensible to use a reserve or start at a minimum, but otherwise...why not enjoy it and take the gamble?! In this case, I think it's a risk worth taking because Richey is so cute.... bear_thumb

Staffordshire, UK

I'm not usually the gambling type, but yes Helena sometimes you have to stick your neck out. It will be interesting to see if I'm saying the same thing next week. Like I said if if it does not work I won't do it again. Saying that, each auction is like a law unto itself. You can't ever really second guess it.
:pray: Me Sunday evening next week!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Good luck Amanda its a bit scary living on the edged bear_grin bear_grin :lol:If it works i might try it bear_grin bear_grin :lol:you go first

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I, for one, will be bidding on Richey  bear_original

If I get him for $1, will everybody hate me?  :cry:

Eileen

Board footer