Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Hi everyone,
Well with it being that time of the year again  bear_wacko  it's time to get ourselves organized and into the Christmas spirit!!!  :dance:
In the planning of this particular swap, I have been given a heads up to an old post from '05 re: Card Swap with some guidelines designed by Shelli.
So I reckon if it ain't broke don't fix it, as well as saving much valued time, I hope Shelli doesn't mind I'll just rip off what she said  bear_grin so in the vein of KISS (see below) I'll plagiarize a little (ok alot), here goes:

I'm handling the Christmas Card Swap and wanted to post new information.  For the sake of clarity I'm starting from scratch.  That means that, if you've sent in an address already, you will need to resend.

If there's something in what I suggest, below, that leaves you totally aghast, please do let me know.  I'm more than open to accommodating as many people as possible.  At this point I'm going for K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid.)

I will be producing a confidential, TT-eyes-only mailing list, for distribution to participating swap members, via email.  This document will be produced in Microsoft Excel, I'll make it available as a PDF and an excel file. Names will be added to the list in the order they arrive in my Inbox!

If you want to participate, here's what you need to do:

1.  Send me an email to happylittlesouls@y7mail.com which includes ALL of the following seven pieces of information, in this order:

Name
Address
Town/Suburb/City
State
Zip/Postal Code
Country
Your email address

2.  Send the information PROMPTLY, by Wednesday night, November 5th, at midnight PST.

3.  Wait for me to send you an email, to the address you include (see above), which contains the mailing list.

==========================================================================

Once you get the mailing list, here's how to send out your swap cards:

1.  Find where your name is located on the mailing list.

2.  Starting with THE NAME DIRECTLY BELOW YOURS, check off five people.  These are the people to whom you send your cards.

3.  If you're at the bottom of the list, and there aren't enough people to "check off" to reach a total of five, wrap your checklist around to the start of the list as necessary.

PLEASE CONTACT ME ON THIS THREAD OR PRIVATELY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS.

To keep things fair, please send cards with paper contents (cutouts, confetti, photos, business cards, etc.) only.  There's nothing worse -- in terms of guilt potential, I mean -- than a well-meaning holiday card sent from the heart, for which you receive a ten-pound box of chocolate in return.  Oops! Everything should fit in a standard size envelope.

Cheers
Melissa

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Melissa,  Many thanks for organising this for us all.  I'm off to email you shortly with my details.    :clap:  :clap:

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Melissa, what a great TT you are..email coming pronto..

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:dance:  :dance: Count me in!!  Email already sent!!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Melissa, I sent you my info too! :P

Hugs, Julia

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Count me in too! I just emailed ya!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Me too!  Me too!  I just e-mailed my info too!  I haven't missed a year yet.   bear_original

Hugs and hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

me too... thanks to the cards, it was a great xmas for me... im sending info right now. hope u got it...  bear_grin

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Yay, I'm sending mine out now, Thanks so much for organising this  :hug:

Sydney

Update:

So far on the Christmas Card list we have over 30 participants, from all over the globe- don't forget if you want to join in to send your details via email to the above address.

Thanks
Melissa

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I love this, even though I'm hardly ever on here I've never missed a year and I won't start this year!!

Now I get to go hunting for the 'perfect' card

wigglesbears Wigglesbears

Would love to join in on the swap and l have just sent my details to you  bear_wub

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Ohh I'd like to join in too!

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Hi Melissa I sent my info for both the card swap and the ornament swap yesterday, one came back I'm just checing to see if you got the other??????
I don't want to miss out!
I'm re-sending the info right now.

AndreaM bear_noexpression

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Guess not it came back again un-delivered........ bear_sad

Sydney

Hi Andrea,

We'll blame it on this weekends Halloween hijinks, but I got your messages for both of the swaps :O)

Mel

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I have not missed a year as it is so much fun getting cards from all over the world.

I am going to send my information.

Thanks for organizing this card swap Melissa.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

This is turning into a big game.... I have learned 2 new "crafts" in the process. What fun. Just dont know wether I will be posting from the Philippines or South Africa.... We leave for our excting holiday a month from today :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

Sounds like fun so you can count me in Melissa - email on the way  bear_thumb

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

phew! Thanks!  I look forward to this every year I'd hate to have missed out!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Thanks Melissa :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Just sent an eMail! bear_original

Sydney

Hi Folks,
Just letting you all know that this is the last chance to put your name on the list as I'll be formalizing the list tomorrow and sending out details to all involved bear_grin , it will be hard to have to resend the list once it's out there so please make sure to get in your details as outlined in the first post by tonight,
Many Thanks
Melissa

Sydney

Hey folks,
The list has been sent to all of those that put their name down, if you haven't received it please let me know ASAP so I can sort you out... bear_grin
Cheers
Melissa

Sydney

So far so good!

Board footer