Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I was the one who designed the darn things when TT first began, but even so, I often forget that we have DISPLAY options here!  I've almost always used the "Teddy Bear" colorway, but today decided to mix things up a bit and I'm using "Peony," which features pinks and greens.  It takes some adjusting, because the tones and contrast are different, among the various options.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to the colored menu bar near the top of the screen and click >PROFILE, then >DISPLAY.  In the dropdown menu, you can choose from a whole bunch of color options for viewing the TT forum.

What DISPLAY option are YOU using???

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Well, who knew!!!! I was on "Teddy Bear" - just switched to "Polar Bear" to see the difference - it looks so different! I don't know - I might have to switch back!

Ooh, I just went back and changed it to "Peony" - it's gorgeous, I just love those colours! Think I'll try keeping it here for a while! Thanks Shelli!

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

I've tried different ones over my membership but as most epople seem to design their banners and avatars to match in with the teddy bear colour I tend to find a return to that in a very short time. Having said that I have used polar bear now for about 6 weeks.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I had no idea we had options. I was originally on Teddy Bear, but I'm trying Vanilla Latte now. I like it. My other possibility was Truffle. Thanks, Shelli.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

It's kinda fun to change things up, isn't it?  But it's also sorta disorienting, like someone moved all the furniture around!  I'm sure it's just a case of adjusting, with time... :)

"Teddy Bear," in case it isn't obvious, is the default option.  It's what everyone sees, when they join here.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Shelli,
     I've been uising Plum Pudding, since I joined.  I keep trying others, but always end up back with Plum Pudding.  I love the burgundy tones.

hugs,

Brenda

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Lol, I had no idea you could change it! lol. I will play around with it and see which one I like best.
Very cool.

Hugs,
Melanie

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

I stumbled across this a couple of weeks ago and changed mine to Peony.....I love the colours  bear_original

Hugs
Janice

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Brenda -- It's funny you call "Plum Pudding" burgundy because on my monitor it's purple, purple, purple -- and a very cool-toned one at that!  We knew people's monitors would differ in how they display color and what looks good on my end might look like vomit on yours (lol).  I'm glad that one works for you even if not exactly as we intended!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hey Shel, maybe I'm colourblind  :crackup:  :crackup:   Now that I look closer at it, I guess it is more plum than burgundy. although the darkest stripe still looks like a burgundy to me haha.  I would never call it purple, though.

hugs,

Brenda

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

I switched to Plum Pudding.  That seemed appropriate for Plum Cottage Bears.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Shelli, I change it all the time, your right, it does feel like someone moved all the furniture around!  bear_grin  bear_grin

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I also use Plum Pudding since purple is one of my favorite colors and seems easiest on my eyes.

Brenda, I never thought of the dark stripe as burgundy, but I guess depending on your monitor it could take on that shade.

Hugs,

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Shel, bear_flower

I have enjoyed playing around with the different colour-ways over the months but finally settled on dear old Plum Pudding too and have used it for quite a while now!

Have fun playing!

Hugs

Marilyn

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

I am using Polar Bear, however some of the ones that you have mentioned in this thread, yummy...may have to change it...

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

My display option is Peony ~ I love the pinks and greens.

Thanks Shelli, I remember when you designed this for us and it is a real treat.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I've been using Vanilla Latte for eons and guess I still prefer it.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I never realised that you could change it so I have tried them all bear_grin
I quite like the vanilla latte so might use that for a while.
Laurie :hug:

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Oxygen..... Helps me breathe
Amy

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Hmm!
Just switched to Plum, but I'd love to see a deep blue/violet. THere is so much drama in that color.
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've been using Teddy Bear for ever.... the link boxes on the top right (ADVERTISE, BEARS, FLYERS, etc.) don't seem to go w/any other color scheme... IMO!

My second favorite is Plum Pudding but I had to switch back....... more than the furniture felt like it had moved... it's like the whole world got shaken up in a snow globe!! Maybe I'm resistent to change after all! That'd be a new one!

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Nope, I had a look at all of them and back to "teddy" Very pretty options though

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I"m with Amy, Oxygen, nice and bright  and blue.  I checked out the peony but on my monitor it was was more of a flesh tone and not pink  bear_wacko , the green was nice though .

hugs

Shane

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Shelli,

I love the peony, been using it ages.... it's easy on the eyes....really don't like the brown & beige...I find it very depressing

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I've been peony for ages ... it's a lovely colourway!  Maybe it's time I had a change though ... but then again, I like this one so maybe not?!  :doh:

Board footer